Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by draggnation View Post
    Thanks Unisex. Got the Tom Ford. Cheers mate!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Unifex, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Offering samples and bottles for free will be allowed here. Let's see if we can do this without asking for sample shipping costs. If someone offers samples and then later receives some, the costs should be a wash. Shipping samples in a small sandwich type baggie and then placing them in a bubble wrap envelope should cost no more than $2.00 U.S. Bottle shipping requests must be for typical shipping costs. Even though the bottles are free please pack them carefully! This should be a fun and conflict free experience. Please do not ask for more than one freebie per month. We do not want "freebie hogs" to ruin the experience for everyone else. Requests are not allowed here, as doing so would be outside the marketplace rules and allowing it would lead to requests from those who do not meet marketplace requirements. Please state to whom you have sent samples. Some reply by PM so no one knows who got them. We want to be able to see if anyone is "hogging" the sample giveaway. Regarding shipping out of one's country- Although some have no problem with this, it is certainly not an obligation. Some must wait on line at an actual post office to do so as opposed to being able to ship domestically from an annex. So let's not disparage those who state CONUS or EU ONLY, for example.

All responses to giveaways should be public so there is no question as to who was first. It may be wise to first post publicly and then follow with a PM with one's address.

Just re-posting the rules for reference.
    They are the same in the Female Fragrance Discussion.
    Last edited by lpp; 14th June 2014 at 08:59 AM.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Thanks for the sample Unifex
    http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/13449822&t=totry&s=n

The admins set the rules and just reposted them for clarification. So far as I can see, any additional rules - the post requirements, for example - are not included and therefore a no go.
    Last edited by thomkallor; 15th June 2014 at 12:20 AM.

Damn!

I am a newbie and would have loved to take a shot at the L'Anarchiste de Caron. But it looks as though I am a few days late and several hundred posts shy of qualifying! Very generous of you remik. Anyway, since it will be several years before I qualify for any giveaways, I will pay it forward anyway. Here is what I am offering and my apologies if these are not that special, but I am just starting out, don't have much of a collection, but I still want to show my appreciation for being a part of the site. These are all new and in their sample packs:

Amen 1.2 ml
    paco rabanne 1 million 1.5ml
    azzure pour homme 1.5 ml
    Givenchy packet of PI
    Givenchy packet of Gentleman Only

US Only
    One per person. First come first serve.
    No post count requirement anyone can have them.
    Can not have received a giveaway this year.
    Pay it forward in this thread to someone else after you get it

Thanks again.
    Last edited by SmellyFinger; 15th June 2014 at 12:44 AM.

I would like to see the mods address the length of members and amount of posts,ppeelsonally I think 6 months in and 50 post minimums are good guidelines. Discuss please,
    John aka Easykiller

Also, happy fathers day to. All you dads out here. I am a step dad, that means I get all the resposibilities but none of the benefits. I get stepped on, hope all yours is better than mine will be.t
    John aka Easykiller

20ml official travel bottle of Montale Aoud Queen Roses, sprayed once.
    Any existing U.K. member - sorry, we have problems shipping overseas these days.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by easykiller View Post
    I would like to see the mods address the length of members and amount of posts,ppeelsonally I think 6 months in and 50 post minimums are good guidelines. Discuss please,
    I respectfully disagree. If you go through this thread I have seen quite a few veterans claiming samples and then not offering anything up in return. If anything, there should be a requirement that if you receive a sample, you give one back. And having the same people claiming samples every month is also suspect. Give others a chance too. This should be about fun, welcoming new members, and giving back to the community and not a giveaway to high post count veterans. Just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by easykiller View Post
    Also, happy fathers day to. All you dads out here. I am a step dad, that means I get all the resposibilities but none of the benefits. I get stepped on, hope all yours is better than mine will be.t
    Same to you.

In my experience the husband gets all of the responsibilities and NONE of the benefits. And the boyfriend gets all of the benefits and none of the responsibilities. It took me 20 years to realize that being the boyfriend is much better.

Happy Father's Day to you all as well. I feel very fortunate to wake up to my 6 year old twins who jut want to buy me some "sprays" as a gift and my daughter that swiped my Carthusia Fiori di Capri for herself!

Ships to CONUS only, please respond to me with PM and I'll update the thread. These were given to me and I would love to pass then along. All one package to one person please.

Al Rehab Classic 6ml CPO
    AL Rehab Aseel 6ml CPO
    Nasaem Nabeel 6ml CPO

I'm sure I have other samples lying around I can toss in as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by axmaster45; 15th June 2014 at 01:17 PM.

Due to the number of "sample hogging" complaints and the ability to detect this and the difficulty of navigating this very long thread in general, I am locking this one and starting a new one. The members who have recently posted giveaways should please re-post them in the new thread. As it is virtually impossible for the mods to follow the takers, we do need members to alert us as to any hoggers. If such actions persist, these threads are in danger of being discontinued.