Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread

Quote Originally Posted by Teach13 View Post
    Maybe this is a weird question, but what's the honorable thing to do feedback-wise? Are those who claim a freebie expected to leave positive "seller" feedback to the BNer who offered and shipped the frag? Or do we just leave it alone since it's a freebie?
    I would leave positive feedback for a received freebie but not negative feedback for one that wasn't received. After all, you didn't pay for it; so this is one case where the sender should always get the benefit of the doubt.

More importantly, if the fragrance you receive is not to your liking, leave scathing negative feedback. Nobody should be subjected to bad fragrance!

No doubt the penal code will soon be amended with more regulations to clarify, verify, monitor, and enforce the generosity of strangers.

Also up for grabs: a selection of Bond No. 9, including Wall Street, Harrods Amber, NY Amber, and some others that I can't remember at the moment.

Also, I do not ship to red states or to people with glass eyes.

CLAIMED
    Last edited by Beranium Chotato; 13th October 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Good question I was wondering that myself

Quote Originally Posted by Teach13 View Post
    Maybe this is a weird question, but what's the honorable thing to do feedback-wise? Are those who claim a freebie expected to leave positive "seller" feedback to the BNer who offered and shipped the frag? Or do we just leave it alone since it's a freebie?

On our "Free to a good home" thread we leave positive feedback for our gift under the trade selection. It's a nice way to show appreciation for someone else's generosity.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    On our "Free to a good home" thread we leave positive feedback for our gift under the trade selection. It's a nice way to show appreciation for someone else's generosity.
    I need to do that Jeanie! Thanks for the info because I was wondering about that too.

Blog Entries

I have some lids and caps Free to a good home, i just can't bring myself to throw them away. I require nothing in return, i just like to know somebody somewhere needs them, and i have had one taken already.
    Not sure this is a good place to post about them, but they are not for sale, i don't want to swap them for anything, they just need a new bottle to sit proudly on top of

Anyway.
    A Glass lid for a 100 ml sized L'Artisan Parfumeur
    A lid for a 100 ml sized Dior Homme Intense andddd its Gone
    A magnetic Lid for the 75 ml sized Chanel Les Exclusifs range
    A cap for a 100 ml sized bottle of Prada Infusion D'Iris + Box added today
    I will chuck a sample in as well, but it will be a random thing, cos it's the lid you want right?

DHI Cap en route in an airplane today to dear old England to Mr Randall Flagg
    Last edited by Scent-imental; 18th October 2012 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-imental View Post
    I have some lids and caps Free to a good home, i just can't bring myself to throw them away. I require nothing in return, i just like to know somebody somewhere needs them, and i have had one taken already.
    Not sure this is a good place to post about them, but they are not for sale, i don't want to swap them for anything, they just need a new bottle to sit proudly on top of

Anyway.
    A lid for a 100 ml sized Dior Homme Intense

I will chuck a sample in as well, but it will be a random thing, cos it's the lid you want right?

Could I get the DHI lid please? Been searching for one!

Edit: Just seen you're in Alaska. Jumped as soon as I saw the Union Jack

Blog Entries

Well, you know, i'm English.

Pm your address, i'll still send it to you. You know, because i'm nice

Well, you know, i'm English.

Pm your address, i'll still send it to you. You know, because i'm nice
    You're right, you are nice.

Many thanks for that. It's very much appreciated.

Moderators: I think it's strange that the whole thread is in the Sticky-section. Doesn't it make more sense to have a sticky and a separate thread?

AHHHHHHHHH I keep missing samples haha
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    AHHHHHHHHH I keep missing samples haha
    Just be patient. If everyone would only jump on the samples they have been waiting to try, instead of any sample, I think it would go smoother. If you don't see something you have been wanting to try, let someone else have a go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Just be patient. If everyone would only jump on the samples they have been waiting to try, instead of any sample, I think it would go smoother. If you don't see something you have been wanting to try, let someone else have a go at it.
    That's pretty much what I do. The issue is, for new people anyway, we want to try just about everything. I was fortunate enough to get some Pure Malt from 30 Roses, and I should be getting ungaro's I-III soon as well from another BNer. I was interested in all of them, but the packages tend to come with other stuff as well, which helps.

If you guys receive extra, unwanted fragrances, along with the ones you want, it would probably be best if you posted those ones up for grabs . I'm personally not interested in anything right now, but if somethings sparks my attention, I'll jump right on it!

I second that! Dont just grab a bunch of samples from a bunch of different members just because they are available, that kind of defeats the whole purpose of this idea. I also think that the rules ask that you only accept one giveaway per week so everyone can reap the benefits of this thread. Generosity, kindness, and trust are the only things that will allow this opportunity to continue in the forums. Also if you receive a freebie, pay it forward and try to offer something yourself. Have some restraint or we'll be making a crap sandwich and everyone will have to take a bite.

You're right. But I think the nature of giving away free samples tends to lead most of us to try to grab whatever we can. It's not really possible to pick and choose at the moment, when offerings are gone within minutes >.<

I'm gonna keep tryin anyway
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Default Re: Men's sample GIVEAWAY thread

Just a quick thanks to yuyu15 for the sample of Dark Aoud. Wonderful scent. Also thanks for the additional Pure Coffee sample! It was the only one in the line I hadn't sampled so that was great.

Anyway.
    A lid for a 100 ml sized Dior Homme Intense andddd its Gone

The cap thing is fantastic! Thanks for offering. I don't need any of those now, but if there was a regular cap giveaway on BN (hint, hint, mods), I would start buying capless testers, which is much more gentle to the wallet.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    The cap thing is fantastic! Thanks for offering. I don't need any of those now, but if there was a regular cap giveaway on BN (hint, hint, mods), I would start buying capless testers, which is much more gentle to the wallet.
    Yeah, i just put it here, because i am not selling them, i don't want to swap them for anything, and i don't really know if there's a thread where it would belong. I go through a fair few bottles as i do decants and samples for people. I had seen a thread once where someone was looking for a cap for a bottle of something or other, and so i kept these ones. Someone will need them sometime. Thats what the hoarders all say, right?

Blog Entries

My tester bottle of Premier Figuier is much easier to locate in my fridge since it started wearing the cap sent to me by the generous Scent-imental.

Someone will need them sometime. Thats what the hoarders all say, right?
    Lol, certainly!
    A very good idea, I must stress.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

So I was wondering if we could also do a variation on this thread... I know a few members have done this, but here is the concept:

Someone pays someone a small fee (say $10-20) to have the other person looks at the fragrances and samples in their wardrobe, and then send them 5-10 samples based on that person's taste marked by number for the purposes of blind sampling. Obviously the sender would include a paper with the corresponding fragrance names for each sample, but I would really love to try this....

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    So I was wondering if we could also do a variation on this thread... I know a few members have done this, but here is the concept:

Someone pays someone a small fee (say $10-20) to have the other person looks at the fragrances and samples in their wardrobe, and then send them 5-10 samples based on that person's taste marked by number for the purposes of blind sampling. Obviously the sender would include a paper with the corresponding fragrance names for each sample, but I would really love to try this....
    The problem you have though is that when money starts changing hands, you inevitably get complications. That's why the marketplace rules exist. I like the idea though. Maybe it could be a sticky in the Marketplace using the existing guidelines. I think this thread is great as it is. I've really appreciated the Dark Aoud and the DHI lid I've been sent. It's no strings and lives off pure generosity.

On which note:

I have a sample of Czech and Speke - Cuba if anyone is interested (within the UK).

That sounds more like a game. I think its the paying bit that clouds the issue. The girlies ping perfumes all over the place and then get some back later. it is all swings and roundabouts. You could start a thread where a few of you do that in a circle so everyone receives at the same time, then no payment is necessary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    That sounds more like a game. I think its the paying bit that clouds the issue. The girlies ping perfumes all over the place and then get some back later. it is all swings and roundabouts. You could start a thread where a few of you do that in a circle so everyone receives at the same time, then no payment is necessary.
    Agree with mumsy.
    In my experience, it is better to give than receive. And doing so creates a "fragrance vacuum" on your vanity. Nature abhors a vacuum, and strives to fill it. You will receive something, from someone, sometime to replace that void. Thats my thinking anyway, and it hasn't failed me yet.

CLAIMED BY BNer "southergardens"

Free, carded samples, 1.5 ml sprayers, from major department store:
    BVLGARI BLACK
    BVLGARI MAN
    BVLGARI AQUA
    BVLGARI AQUA MARINE

Would prefer these go to someone who maybe lives somewhere without access to malls/department stores, etc.
    Me? I've got 3 big malls within about an 8 mile radius. Seriously!
    Will have more samples available in the near future.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 20th October 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The problem you have though is that when money starts changing hands, you inevitably get complications. That's why the marketplace rules exist. I like the idea though. Maybe it could be a sticky in the Marketplace using the existing guidelines. I think this thread is great as it is. I've really appreciated the Dark Aoud and the DHI lid I've been sent. It's no strings and lives off pure generosity.

On which note:

I have a sample of Czech and Speke - Cuba if anyone is interested (within the UK).
    Good point. It definitely would be better suited for the marketplace. I just like the idea of being able to sample without having any of the niche/designer stigma attached to it.

Not to say I don't love this thread. I think it's great

1ml samples

Tommy Eau de Prep
    VC&A Tsar
    RL Safari (gone)
    Dirty English
    Aramis
    Del mar Baldessarini

Canada only.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 18th October 2012 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    1ml samples

Tommy Eau de Prep
    VC&A Tsar
    RL Safari
    Dirty English
    Aramis
    Del mar Baldessarini

Canada only.
    I could take Safari off of your hands

Quote Originally Posted by immortalce View Post
    I could take Safari off of your hands
    PM me your address.

This is a cool idea...I have tons of samples to go through...this should be fun

Post em up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    I have a variety of Slumberhouse samples (Jeke, Norne, Grev, Vikt, etc.) if someone would like to try those.

CLAIMED
    Bummer, I would have put out for those, with a BN'er of your choice, as long as they had more than a years membership, more than 1,000 posts, a nice wardrobe, no infractions, and they live somewhere cheap to mail myself to.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Bummer, I would have put out for those, with a BN'er of your choice, as long as they had more than a years membership, more than 1,000 posts, a nice wardrobe, no infractions, and they live somewhere cheap to mail myself to.
    lol

For the above post I would say leave it alone since its a freebie

After hearing so much love for Aventus i decided to get a sample. with the sample came a 1ml vial of ykims (0)

first person to claim it will get it. uk only

p.s can't seem to find any info on it at all

- - - Updated - - -

After hearing so much love for Aventus i decided to get a sample. with the sample came a 1ml vial of ykims (0)

first person to claim it will get it. uk only

p.s can't seem to find any info on it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    I would leave positive feedback for a received freebie but not negative feedback for one that wasn't received. After all, you didn't pay for it; so this is one case where the sender should always get the benefit of the doubt.

More importantly, if the fragrance you receive is not to your liking, leave scathing negative feedback. Nobody should be subjected to bad fragrance!

No doubt the penal code will soon be amended with more regulations to clarify, verify, monitor, and enforce the generosity of strangers.

Also up for grabs: a selection of Bond No. 9, including Wall Street, Harrods Amber, NY Amber, and some others that I can't remember at the moment.

Also, I do not ship to red states or to people with glass eyes.

CLAIMED
    LOL, brian!!!..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    LOOOL.. foustie... you're so cheap!.. you've made my weekend (humour wise, obviously).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Men's sample GIVEAWAY thread

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post

A Taste of Heaven By Kilian
    Back to Black By Kilian
    Beyond Love By Kilian
    Straight to Heaven By Kilian
    Just want to say that yuyu15 is awesome! I received all these wonderful samples today plus extras! Thanks, yuyu! I'm enjoying the SDV decant right now. :-)

I agree, yuyu15 gave me some samples and I received them yesterday and opened them today. I got all the fragrances he mentioned in the thread, plus a few extras that I had really been wanting to try. Not sure how he knew, but I thank him greatly.

Also, he gave me some religious information booklets, which are a very interesting read/look through.

The package arrived safe and sound in good old GB. Got it this morning. Many thanks again. My DHI is no longer the poor relation of the family:

Also, an extra thanks for the Coromandel samples! I'd not actually had the chance to sample previously so that was a nice surprise. I've given it a quick test and its certainly lived up to the hype. You may have inadvertently cost me some cash here.

Blog Entries

I am both delighted, and apologetic. Whilst the DH bottles are fully "clad" and look wonderful, i am humbly, and suitably sorry for causing for the financial blow about to be inflicted upon your wallet. I am sure you won't regret it.

Mmm, maybe I will get my package from Yuyu soon?. Hope so! Lookin forward to it!
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

I am both delighted, and apologetic. Whilst the DH bottles are fully "clad" and look wonderful, i am humbly, and suitably sorry for causing for the financial blow about to be inflicted upon your wallet. I am sure you won't regret it.
    I won't regret it in the slightest. I'm sure my wallet will get over it as well. Me and him have been through this before.

Free, 1 ml sample vials, with applicator cap. All at least 60% full, and enough for at least 2-3 wearings if you don't go crazy with 'em.

Aramis New West Claimed
    Fahrenheit Claimed
    Costume National Homme Claimed
    Polo Double Black Claimed
    Bvlgari Blu Notte Claimed
    Rive Gauche Cllaimed
    Bleu de Chanel Claimed
    Azzaro PH Claimed
    The Dreamer Claimed
    Boss #1 Claimed
    Last edited by bigsteve; 27th October 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Hi bigsteve - tried Pming you but it says cant?

Would like to sample Azzaro PH, Dreamer and Polo double black.

System is not letting me reply to some PMs I received. So here's how it stands now:

Superted... Polo Double Black and Azzaro PH are yours. Need an address.

Kocy... Rive Gauche is yours. Need an address

Timmy-J... The Dreamer and Bleu de Chanel are yours. I have your address

PaveLL... Sorry bro. Kocy beat you to the RG by about 3 minutes.

Just give me a couple days to pack and mail these things, guys. Hopefully there will be no problem with customs on mailings to the UK. These envelopes will have to have a customs label on them, and hopefully there will not be a problem with small vials of a liquid. So no guarantees there.

Well, I have poor access to samples in Brazil and do blind buys often. I wished too much to join this effort. I could promptly pay the mail service of the sender, so i wont be excluded at all because of shipping taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by voidvader View Post
    Well, I have poor access to samples in Brazil and do blind buys often. I wished too much to join this effort. I could promptly pay the mail service of the sender, so i wont be excluded at all because of shipping taxes.

I sympathise, most of the participators here are in USA. Can't imagine it's worth the postage to Brazil for a couple of ml of edt though.
    I should have a couple of things to post within UK (once I can find where I put them)

Sending samples to foreign countries is not a big deal for me. In fact, yesterday I packed up one envelope for England, and one for Bulgaria. Later this week I will probably be sending one to Romania.
    I am used to mailing things overseas, doing the customs label, etc. And for a light, padded envelope, the cost of mailing isn't really *that* much. It is worth it to me to be able to help people out.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Sending samples to foreign countries is not a big deal for me. In fact, yesterday I packed up one envelope for England, and one for Bulgaria. Later this week I will probably be sending one to Romania.
    I am used to mailing things overseas, doing the customs label, etc. And for a light, padded envelope, the cost of mailing isn't really *that* much. It is worth it to me to be able to help people out.

Nice sentiments. Maybe I should have a rethink. I was thinking of leaving the non-British samples to the non-Brits and expecting to ask for and send to people in my country.

Thanks for all the samples yuyu, appreciate it!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

I am sorry I think there was one Killian missing.. You are welcome. Enjoy them!
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

I didn't notice, lol..you were very generous, thank you very much.

Basenotes Plus

I do not think this warrants both a sticky and a separate thread and do not see the logic behind this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Moderators: I think it's strange that the whole thread is in the Sticky-section. Doesn't it make more sense to have a sticky and a separate thread?
    - - - Updated - - -

Thank you bigsteve............ received both samples of Polo Black and Azzaro

Hi friends,

I have got a bottle of Burberry London 100ml, 80% full without cap. CLAIMED
    Last edited by yuyu15; 2nd November 2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: CLAIMED
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

I just wanted to echo what others have been saying- that ^^ yuyu15 ^^ is a very generous guy! Thank you again for the samples!!!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

^^^Thank you for your kind words morrison74, enjoy the samples

Quote Originally Posted by Superted View Post
    Thank you bigsteve............ received both samples of Polo Black and Azzaro
    No problem, bro.

Ok I have been reading all the post of how this works but I am still in the dark on some things. 1. If I have samples I offer them free here on this board? Question? How does one claim the free sample from me? Also, How do I look and try request a free sample? Thanks seems this is a legit thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Ok I have been reading all the post of how this works but I am still in the dark on some things. 1. If I have samples I offer them free here on this board? Question? How does one claim the free sample from me? Also, How do I look and try request a free sample? Thanks seems this is a legit thread.
    People will either post in here that they are interested in what you have to offer, or more likely, PM you their request and you just keep track of it like that.