Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I've had Terre D'Hermes for three months without any female compliments. Anyone else experience this

My guy friends like it a lot and actually comment on it, but I have yet to get a single compliment from a female. I knew I wasn't buying a lady killer at the time of purchase, but for three months to go buy without ANYTHING?! What is going on here?

Default Re: I've had Terre D'Hermes for three months without any female compliments. Anyone else experience

Maybe it's not the fragrance.....

Default Re: I've had Terre D'Hermes for three months without any female compliments. Anyone else experience

Terre d'Hermes is maybe my most complimented fragrance. I don't know what to say. lol. Spray more, talk to more females.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaybans View Post
    Terre d'Hermes is maybe my most complimented fragrance. I don't know what to say. lol. Spray more, talk to more females.
    Same here

Lol I have a sample of this coming in should be here next week. Can't wait to see if I get any compliments.

In around 10 years of wearing perfumes I have gotten 3 compliments by women. 2 indirectly. Sucks but what can you do?

My god not one compliment at all. I would take it back to the shop and explain and see if you can get your money back.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    My god not one compliment at all. I would take it back to the shop and explain and see if you can get your money back.lol
    this thread is cracking me up.

Buy curve if you want compliments. Otherwise enjoy. It's a great frag

good luck :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Exactly. If a woman does not succumb to your awesomeness and verbalize her admiration of your aura, then.......demand a refund !!
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

let me also mention that my female friend told me chrome legend smelled better than terre d'hermes. i feel like girls really favor the cheap stuff. it baffles me.

Jeez f*cking C, this has got to be a joke...

Same here, women seem to dislike, while the men love the stuff.

Go with YSL Kouros...that one will surely get you attention...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Temple12 View Post
    My guy friends like it a lot and actually comment on it, but I have yet to get a single compliment from a female. I knew I wasn't buying a lady killer at the time of purchase, but for three months to go buy without ANYTHING?! What is going on here?
    Well it is the number one selling fragrance in the gay community for a reason.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Compliments are fleeting. They will come when you least expect it. Don't give up.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    source?

source?
    I am pretty sure that it's on Wikipedia...
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

source?

I got a compliment in Arabic but it may have been counterfeit.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Come to think of it, More men have commented on this for me than women. No wonder I like it!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I got a compliment in Arabic but it may have been counterfeit.
    Hahah Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Buy curve if you want compliments. Otherwise enjoy. It's a great frag
    Agreed. If you want compliments, you're gonna need Curve, Abercrombie Fierce, and Acqua Di Gio. Those are 100% guaranteed or your money back compliment getters. It's like girls have an unspoken obligation to compliment a man wearing any of those. Unfortunately, Terre D'Hermes is not on that list. It smells very nice, but is more for your enjoyment than a woman's. Unless she's really into orange peels and the smell of rocks.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Your bottle is probably fake. we are going to need you to post some pics.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    it's from fragrancenet

Saw this and had to share. I've been doing the new scent-hobby for about a month, just reading a lot and trying out a wide variety of samples--no particular plan in mind except that my wife has to like it. Today I got my first compliment at an independent coffee shop from the (male) barista. Wasn't Bvlgari or GiT, both of which I've used. It was Khaliji--the $3 synthetic roll-on. Who knew!

My guy friends like it a lot and actually comment on it.
    Doesn't this ring any bell?

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I went through the same experience, but with Rive Gauche - in fact, I was wearing Rive Gauche on two dates that never led anywhere, none of the two persons I have dated seemed to even notice it

I never receive compliments from strangers, they just give me the kind of look that says more than words whilst indulging in my smell, moving a little closer. You are probably too good/unsafe looking!

Mesaboogie is correct - women seem to have very different tastes to men in the smell department. I sometimes wonder if it's the same kind of thing as a dog loving nothing better than rolling around in a steaming pile of $hit!

When I left my old job I received a bottle of Acqua di Gio and a bottle of Issey Miyake Pour Homme from the girls I worked with.

I can't stand either of them, but they were begging me to spray it on then and there.

Very weird. Just wear what you like.

Sur la Plage

source?
    It's in the monthly newsletter.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I really like Terre and I'm a girl But my husband said NO! to citrus opening and chose something different.

Compliments or not, I think that you should wear what you think suits you or define you. And don't care about anything else.
    I don't wears scents to make me sexy. I wear them because they inspire me like a good book.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaybans View Post
    This.

You've got to be in it to win it!

Dependent

It will come soon!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I received most, if not all, compliments for Td'H in the workplace (office environment) from women. Outside of there, crickets. I wonder if you have the reformulation.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    hahaahahahahah heperd, you never fail to make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by We Came As Romans View Post
    hahaahahahahah heperd, you never fail to make me laugh
    Even if its not fake, I still want to see some pictures. I love pictures........
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I like TdH and have even worn it myself (also without compliments, however.)

Just wear it- maybe even more of it!- and enjoy it.

There are lots of reasons people may not compliment your fragrance besides not liking it. Maybe they don't really notice or aren't into scents. Also, I think that scents by Hermes are often "cleaner" type scents that are less likely to gain compliments because they aren't stereotypically "perfumey." It could feel awkward to compliment someone on their fragrance if one is unsure whether another is wearing one. "Like, maybe it's his aftershave." Y'know? That's my theory, anyway.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Hmmm...you are new here so maybe you haven't quite learned the best way to apply; the best method is to really draw attention to your application process. Next time hold off spraying until you are in a public area overflowing with ladies, and follow this foolproof compliment-getting plan:

1) Cough loudly to get everyone's attention
    2) Slowly remove your shirt
    3) Flex your pecs and tighten up your abs
    4) Tilt head back and spray all over, starting at your neck and finishing up around your waist
    5) Seductively meet the eyes of all the women who are now surely staring at you, all the while licking your lips
    6) Bask in the compliments sure to follow

Banned

Guys love it, ladies dont find it attractive.
    I am wearing terre D'hermes at work right now. just got complimented by a male coworker.
    I guess its a bit soft feminine smell. Ladies dig those manly fragrances much more.

You're doing it wrong. Pour the bottle on yourself, run up to a female and grab her, and yell "SMELL ME!" with crazy eyes. Then demand a compliment.

I dont think it can happen many times in life to be complimented about a fragrance if you do not have a certain charisma, which can be a sum made of dress code, humor, overall looks, ability to talk and make people comfortable around you, which leads them to be interested in staying next to you.

If you are a total invisible guy, sitting shy in his corner without being self-confident, doesnt matter if you wear a 5$ cologne or a 5000$ one, because a woman will not make any compliment unless she sees something interesting at your personality. If you have only a "hi-bye" relationship with a female, then i can hardly think she will ever compliment you (unless you are extremely good looking and this relationship comes only from the certain will of one of the two to keep distance). Hopefully i said it clear enough, i am not a native english speaker.

But to be on-topic, i noticed most of the compliments i got on TdH came from women +30 and generally in an office & business environment.

Lighten up. I've worn Azzaro Pour Homme for 26 years without getting any compliments other than from ME, MYSELF & I : 'Wow, this stuff is amaaaazing', 'Holy crout, I just love this sh*t', 'They should niche bottle this juice and charge $250 a bottle and they would reach the niche snobs'

Terre D'Hermťs is not a lady killer, but with all due respect - ladies like 1 million, Acqua Di Gio & Azzaro Chrome. Buy that if you want compliments or get Creed Aventus.

Ladies have a taste for sweet mass produced designer frags on gents.
    Only a select few of the lovely looking fairer sex actually have the right good snobby taste for the more acquired frags like I.E. Terre D'Hermťs and the likes (no pun intended)

TDH is a FANTASTIC masculine frag - I proudly own and enjoy both the EDT and PP version and love both.
    I wear frags for myself, to please myself - not to please women or guys for that matter.
    I don't give a rats azz what they think and neither should you, if you have the balls.

Women like self confident men. Wear Chrome and Aventus and you smell like all others, wear TDH and you smell unique. What do you prefer !?!
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

LOL LOL LOL

You crack me up sometimes

'gay community - number 1 seller' ha ha ha ha.......
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

source?
    How old are you ?
    12 ?

He's joking for crying out loud
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I LOVE this fragrance, females love it on me too..

not sure if srs.

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    LOL LOL LOL

You crack me up sometimes

'gay community - number 1 seller' ha ha ha ha.......
    Yep, and in post 45 you became the spokes person...hahaha J/K big guy. I really like TDH as well. Was probably my first really good scent....And why aint I gettin that newsletter???

To be honest, Terre D'Hermes isn't really good to get compliments from girls.

Only fragrance I can tell you that will definitely get you compliment, whether you like it or not, is one and only Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male.

You guys and this thread is too much lmao. Temple everyone is just messing around. Not everyone women will compliment you, especially in public. Maybe there shy, but whatever the reason may be its still a great fragrance.

Temple,

As a relative novice in the world of perfumery, let me tell you this: You wear a scent because you like it, because you associate that scent with a mental image of yourself (or an image of who you'd like to be). While we all like to be complimented every now and then, that shouldn't be your motive.

If you want compliments for every spray, get yourself a yes-man. (Or in your case, a yes-woman!)

Temple,

As a relative novice in the world of perfumery, let me tell you this: You wear a scent because you like it, because you associate that scent with a mental image of yourself (or an image of who you'd like to be). While we all like to be complimented every now and then, that shouldn't be your motive.

If you want compliments for every spray, get yourself a yes-man. (Or in your case, a yes-woman!)

Banned

All kidding aside, compliments are hard to come by at times, depending on the particular fragrance and a host of other reasons.

You have not met the right female yet? Sometimes they may actually love it but wont tell you. I have been there, and when it happens you might be lucky and get a bit of action. LOL

Funny thread

I've never received a random compliment from a woman about the fragrance I was wearing, and I'm a fairly good looking guy. I did have someone ask me if I stepped in dog s**t last weekend while wearing A*men though haha.

Basenotes Junkie

Great thread...good senses of humor here at basenotes!

I recently received complements from females wearing both Cologne Gingembre and TdH. And, was told by another that I need to tone down my Spicebomb use. :-/ Whatever I use, I get some kind of female response...I NEVER hear anything from male coworkers. I prefer it that way.

'Don't care what you say about me, just make sure you spell my name correctly.'

The women I know do not really enjoy this frag. Definitely more popular with the dudes.

I agree totally. I wear scents to make me feel good and to uplift my spirits. I don't live for the compliments I may or may not receive.