Code of Conduct

Default Interesting experience

So for the most part i am anti chanel bleu. Ive purchased it once and returned for a couple reason. Mainly thought it was generic. Today i was out shopping and walked past another male shopper. Immediately i said hmmm, that smells nice. Two seconds later i thought to myself... Damn that smells pretty good. So i turned around and asked the gentlemen what he was wearing. Suprisingly he said... Chanel Bleu. Interesting. Maybe its worth a second look. But on this dude it wasnt generic at all. It was almost alittle musk and slightly complex.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Interesting experience

Feelings often change for certain fragrances over time and under different circumstances.

You might be tricking yourself...walking past something and thinking it smells good isn't the same as wearing it all day, I walk past people all day and think they smell nice, put a name to what they're wearing and realize I've worn that and it gets old after a few hours.

At the same time there are certain fragrances that have hidden depth at a distance. It's up to you to discover though.

Maybe you should read the recent thread about Bleu. The vast majority had a positive opinion on this scent.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Maybe you should read the recent thread about Bleu. The vast majority had a positive opinion on this scent.
    Sorry i missed what your trying to tell me...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I guess, any scent, especially a Chanel can develop great complexities over time, even if top and mid notes may be disappointing or, at best, anticlimactic.

Banned

I have always thought Bleu de Chanel by Chanel was a good, all-season scent, thriving in spring, summer and fall.

And, in spite of the fact that it is a mainstream scent, I found it to be subtly nuanced enough to set it apart.

Perhaps, you should re-visit it.

My co-worker wears it every day, and I find it generic and too synthetic.

On the other hand, one of the directors at my work wears the original Allure Homme, and it's much, much better (overall scent and blend/smoothness) than Bleu.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Feelings often change for certain fragrances over time and under different circumstances.
    This is really true!

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    You might be tricking yourself...walking past something and thinking it smells good isn't the same as wearing it all day, I walk past people all day and think they smell nice, put a name to what they're wearing and realize I've worn that and it gets old after a few hours.
    This is really true too, and for me, Bleu is that scent. On first sniff, I really liked it, but it didn't take long to become a scrubber.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Remember: Fragrances may smell a little different on each individual because of oils in the body.