Code of Conduct

Default Zara Man Gold/ Zara Gold / Sprint

Hi guys.
    I never tried Aventus before but I did read intermittent comments that Zara Gold smells somehow like it that is enough resemblance to get a flavor what is Aventus about. The problem is that I still find unclear which ones is the right one since there are 3 different fragrances mentioned by some of you:
    Zara Man Gold (rectangular black bottle 30 ml)
    Zara Gold (cylindrical gold metal bottle. 100 ml)
    Zara Sprint (cylindrical gold metal bottle. 100 ml).

Thanks
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: Zara Man Gold/ Zara Gold / Sprint

Zara Sprint 9.58 or something like that.

The one in the middle.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Sprint bottle and Gold bottle are identical only we wording changes... very confusing.

Doesn't smell like Aventus though..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I am sure nothing smells like Aventus yet it could hint you what it smells like. For instance if someone asks about GIT one can refer it to Cool Water and if they need to know what is MI like they can check Unforgivable by Sean Paul.

It does smell like aventus ; ofcourse folks who bought that for many times more the price will have to disagree, while there are close similarities its not a carbon copy, but who cares - life is too short.

I have both Aventus and Zara Gold, Zara Gold does has a bit of the nice pineapple scents found on Aventus but more smokey.
    To me Zara is one heck of a cologne for the price ($9.99) and beats out many many other high end / niche colognes out there!

I find Zara to be sweet, whereas Aventus is more smokey and formal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have both but the sprint has that superdry woody smell that gets on my nerves a bit, same woody smell as black xs. Someone on here told me what it was maybe Norlimbanol??

Smells ok but nothing I have smelled is very close to Aventus go forthe real deal.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    I have both but the sprint has that superdry woody smell that gets on my nerves a bit, same woody smell as black xs. Someone on here told me what it was maybe Norlimbanol??

Smells ok but nothing I have smelled is very close to Aventus go forthe real deal.
    Zara Gold is in no way an imitation of Aventus, it is a cologne of its own. They are both real deal.

Zara Gold, cylindrical gold metal bottle, 100 ml smells, to my nose, quite similar to One Million.

Remember that what is being sold right now may be a reformulation. I have a 50 ml bottle of Gold that I got well over a year ago and it's smoky pineapple that's not too sweet. The base is woody but mild, and not the cedar chips/hamster cage kind of thing. Because the opening is so strong and lasts so long it's an adequate Aventus substitute for me.

This is the Zara Gold I am talking about.

Mine is in the gold cylinder

I now wonder if they have the same scent?

Yes, I think it was DULLAH that pointed Zara Gold 9.58 out as being close to it.

But the pineapple in the Zara is too sweet, VERY synthetic-smelling, some may even mistake this for a very bad citrus, whereas Aventus is just sheer class. The smokiness in Aventus is slightly sweet, not cloying, much more natural and looooooooooong lasting!!

If you are looking for an alternative, nothing even comes close - you have other notes besides pineapple in it (jasmine, rose, birchwood, oakmoss, bergamot... etc). So my advice is to get on a split from one of the trusted members on the splits board.

Just went to my local zara and tried the 30ml gold, Loved it and was about to purchase it, A bargain at £8. Then saw next to it a double pack with both the gold and silver (which smells similar to cool water to me) for £9.99, Bargain!! Great for sticking in my work locker/in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post

Norlimbanol is what plagues the house of Amouage recently. BLack XS and Zara Gold/Sprint do share the same drydown....sweet with the parched/dry wood note. but the fruits and florals used i nthe top and heart of Zara Sprint are really quite likable. And the pineapple, while not that close to aventus, are the closest to that initial stage of Aventus I've smelled in a current release.

well, today i tested both, the "gold zara" and the new "zara man gold". the first gold one is really like the whole opening of aventus. i was shocked . i spend 120 EUR on this and now there is something for 20 EUR only without the smokey base.

Quote Originally Posted by billi881 View Post
    well, today i tested both, the "gold zara" and the new "zara man gold". the first gold one is really like the whole opening of aventus. i was shocked . i spend 120 EUR on this and now there is something for 20 EUR only without the smokey base.
    Actually, my Zara Gold does has a smoky quality, which is why I saw no reason to own Avwntus. It may be that Aventus is a bit smokier but not enough to matter to me (nor do the base notes matter to me in this case because in neither case are they that interesting and the openings last a very long time anyway).

Hmmm I will have to see if the Zara here in Vegas has the Zara man gold in the rectangle black bottle. I only compared the sprint in the gold cylinder that I have.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

the new ZARA MAN GOLD in the black bottle seems that it is the same as the original gold , but the new is too sweet like haribo candys. the original gold has a little bit smoke in it.

I'm slightly confused. Is the Zara Man Gold (Black Bottle) the same as / replacement for the Gold cylindrical one?

As I popped into Zara and they have the Zara Man Gold twin pack but not any cylindrical ones. I don't think they were out of stock as there wasn't any shelf space for them nor any labels.

Perhaps they've stopped stocking it in England?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm slightly confused. Is the Zara Man Gold (Black Bottle) the same as / replacement for the Gold cylindrical one?

As I popped into Zara and they have the Zara Man Gold twin pack but not any cylindrical ones. I don't think they were out of stock as there wasn't any shelf space for them nor any labels.

Perhaps they've stopped stocking it in England?

Just to make it more fun. It's like trying to solve a puzzle or riddle. Here is what I think is the new bottle. Bought it for fun at the Zara store in South Coast Plaza yesterday. More like pineapple candy than fresh cut pineapple. I have Aventus too, but I think both the Gold and Aventus bottles will become buddies in the back of my wardrobe as I probably won't wear this one that much either.