This was my pick for a while, but I'm looking for something better. What's your pick?
Opium PH EDP is a very nice vanilla frag.
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
Mona di Orio Vanille
Canadians: I would like to trade for a decant of The 3rd Man by Caron. PM me.
La Maison de Vanille Absolu de Vanille.... $100
Mona di Orio Nombres de Vanille..... $175
Also try L'Occitane Eau des Baux I just purchased this stuff Sat and wearing it today and it is amazing the dry down is a great balmy vanilla....$50.
Mona di Orio Vanilla
Diptyque Eau Duelle
For a simple, creamy vanilla dry down, and a very good price to go with that, I would recommend L'Occitane's Eau de Baux.
+1 Eau des Baux by L'Occitane (affordable, but quality frag -- my current favorite)
+1 Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford
Les Nombres d'Or Vanille by Mona di Orio
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
I second especially Jaipur.
Very unisex, in spite that it may be marketed for a non-male customer base: Vanille Noir by Yves Rocher, actually, a very dark and leathery vanilla.
The TV I'm wearing right now is very heavy on the vanilla, so I'd go with that.
Tea (Comme Des Garcons - although I'm not sure if it even has vanilla in it but I get the impression strong in the drydown and I love it, although it's hardly a vanilla fragrance...)
Guerlain - Jicky.
Caron offers two choises: Pour un homme (which is nice) and Le Troisieme Homme (which is great). Great value for a small price.
Tobacco Vanille is the one that does vanilla the best imo.
My sales thread
1. Dior Homme Original
2. Musc Ravaguer
3. Portrait of a Lady
4. Noir de Noir
5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
6. New Haarlem
7. Pure Coffee
8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
9. Rose 31
10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille
I prefer Guerlain's S. Double Vanille over Mona Di Orio.
+1 Tobacco Vanille
Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.
Jaipur EDP is a Vanilla BOMB, no other masculine vanilla fragrance stands up IMO.
no doubt, hands down
All of them, but especially Spiriteuse, yes indeedy.
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille
Creed Sublime Vanille
Current Spring Favorites:
1. Creed - Spice & Wood
2. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
3. Dior - Vetiver
4. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
5. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Haitian Vetiver
7. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
8. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
9. Creed - Aventus
10. Parfumerie Generale - Grand Siecle Intense 7.1
A lot of interesting recommendations here... Some modern, some old school, others just plain weird lol
As a 27 year old who likes modern compositions that push the envelope but smell great, I'd go with either Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Patchouli 24 or Eau Duelle.
Sales thread here