Code of Conduct

Default Body Kouros vs. Dior Homme Intense (or L'I-E)

For night time scents, where the goal is to reach lusciousness, sensuality, and "lust," which of these fragrances do you think suits that goal? I sniffed Body Kouros and consider it the best one since its so deep and luscious, but have yet to smell DHI or L'Instant Extreme.

Thoughts are appreciated! Thanks

Default Re: Body Kouros vs. Dior Homme Intense (or L'I-E)

For a night time frag that fits your criteria I would go with DHI.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Most certainly, D.H.I. without a doubt.

Definitely dhi but you need to sample all three because they aren't exactly as safe as run of the mill designer frags

Body Kouros is almost vulgar. Something that gigolo or player should wear when on hunt.
    DHI is more elegant. Something that you should wear around your significiant one.

So it really depends on your style.

For BK I have to be in right mood. DHI I can wear anytime.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Out of these two, DHI, in my opinion does better suggest lust, sensuality, lusciousness, in fact so with a gourmand, life-loving, joyfully uplifting sensation.

Thanks for some thoughts, the current DHI that is in store then is that one you are all referring to? I called the boutique in NY or other areas and they told me they carry it; I remember or browsed through here how everyone was bantering around the original vintage DHI before the supposed "reformulation" - I contacted the boutiques directly and they told me there is really no difference between the current one they have in-store (reformulated) and the pre-reformulated one.

Is it safe then to just pick the current DHI in the boutiques, or the current one for sale on Strawberrynet? I just wanna make sure I get the specific one you guys are mentioning. Thanks.

DHI would be my top choice but you can't go wrong with Body Kouros either.

Based on what you said, Dior Homme Intense, smells like a sexy metrosexual transcending fragrance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baller View Post
    Thanks for some thoughts, the current DHI that is in store then is that one you are all referring to? I called the boutique in NY or other areas and they told me they carry it; I remember or browsed through here how everyone was bantering around the original vintage DHI before the supposed "reformulation" - I contacted the boutiques directly and they told me there is really no difference between the current one they have in-store (reformulated) and the pre-reformulated one.

Is it safe then to just pick the current DHI in the boutiques, or the current one for sale on Strawberrynet? I just wanna make sure I get the specific one you guys are mentioning. Thanks.
    DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP IN THE VINTAGE VS NEW CRAP WAR! Both are fantastic, but older bottles cost a fortune, smell identical to the common nose, absolutely not worth it...that and the fact that the new stuff is actually better liked by the masses (check out fragrantica's page on both and see which one gets better ratings) (hint: the new one).

Dependent

DHI not even a question
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Dior Homme Intense

I don't care for the iris in Dior Homme and am not very fond of L'Instant either. I'll go against the prevailing opinion here and say that Body Kouros is the best of the three.

Hard question, but judging what I read you are looking for, DHI is the best option.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

DHI if you want elegance. Body Kouros is exclusively for lust and nothing more XD

I would go for either DHI or LIDGE is awesome too. As for Body Kouros, it's a nice scent, but to me it's to linear where smelling the same thing all night, especially since it is pretty potent juice can become nauseating after a while. At least this is what I find. Now IF you really want to be daring, get yourself a bottle of regular KOUROS, and watch heads turn. Some in a good way, and some in a not so good way, but its definitely different. To honestly answer your question though, I love DHI and LIDGE equally as well and have received many compliments on both. At least with DHI and LIDGE, once the top notes settle down, the fragrance transforms into something very nice, and keeps changing, and you may even find yourself smelling yourself a lot . These are both great comfort scents to me

I would definitely go DHI before I would Body Kouros. I think that DHI is outstanding and I also find Body Kouros to be quite vulgar as well. That one is one of my least favorite scents.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Aplle Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

DHI hands down!

A landslide win for DHI for sure

Body Korous ain't no contender for the mighty DHI

since you like Body Kouros, recommend you try Yohji Homme... if you can find it @ a reasonable price
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Interesting topic!

Im also looking for a 'night time scents, where the goal is to reach lusciousness, sensuality, and "lust" '

Was thinking about Body Kouros and while searching found this thread.

Is DHI at £59.95 twice as good as Body Kouros at £26.90 ?

DHI Hands down!

Quote Originally Posted by djm View Post
    DHI Hands down!
    Even at twice the price ?

In my experience, I have smelled and owned a lot of fragrances that were expensive and something a lot cheaper was better to me, and it works the opposite as well. I have owned things that smell worth twice the price that I paid for them, that I like much better. To me DHI is put in the classic MUST have fragrances. It is in a class all of its own. BK is different too, but to me it is overly done and the smell stays the same the minute you put it on to hours later. I love the way DHI evolves. Starts out amazing and its base notes and end get better and better as it wears. I have a bottle of BK that is about half full and dont think that I am going to end up keeping it. There are just so many others I love more then that one. I like it, dont get me wrong, but as I have had it for several years my taste has changed

I can't believe its DHI across the board, giving it such praise. BK to me is a pure lust bomb, and that's why I like it.

I think I am going to have to sample DHI then or should I just buy it! Gosh I need an answer.

How about DHI vs. Pure Malt for the night? Now what?

Yes dhi is twice that good. Although i own both dhi and bk

DHI will bury all of the competition, at least for me. Too many of the newer scents or just scents in general smell too much like many others. I will say in my opinion, there is nothing that smells like DHI, some may argue that fact, but I have worn and smelled many, and that is what drew me to DHI in the first place. When you are out or in a room of many people there is a good chance you will be the only one wearing DHI as opposed to many of the others. I have not tried pure malt. Probably because I am not a fan of ANGEL MEN, so I stay away from those types. I have heard many good things about it, but to me I am sure it would not be earth shattering. Many others will disagree as I have said. Most of those are too sweet and too powerful for me, and they only offer slight variations of the original

- - - Updated - - -

Well I take that back. DHI goes neck and neck withe LIDGE for me. Love them both almost equally as well. But as of late been wearing DHI a little more. Both receive many compliments, but I do love the way both of them smell and the longevity I get out of both of them