Code of Conduct

Default Creed Erolfa and Original Santal first impressions.

So I went to Nordstroms yesterday and got a chance to test out some fragrances. I sprayed Erolfa on one forearm and Original Santal on the other.

I asked my wife to take a whiff and tell me what she thought, she said that Erolfa smelt exactly like an air freshener. Like the type you'd find in a car or bathroom. I took a whiff and agreed. It smelt like some sort of air freshener sold at a super market. However, a few hours later, we both thought that the dry down was much better. I will probably buy a sample of this in the future, to test it out further.

Regarding Original Santal, I wasn't too fond of it. However, my wife liked the top notes and said that it smelt classy. After a few hours though, both of us were in agreement: no good. She didn't like the dry down nor did I. To me, the dry down smelt very reminiscent of chlorine.

Just thought I'd share. What are your thoughts of Erolfa and/or Original Santal?

Default Re: Creed Erolfa and Original Santal first impressions.

Your wife has a good nose as I agree on her assessment of Erolfa and Original Santal smells like a classy well made version of joop.

Agree with the OP on Original Santal, quite a harsh and unpleasant smell. It's the only Creed i don't like.

In my opinion, two solid and well-made fragrances, but, strictly as far as my personal likings go, there are better-smelling (bear in mind, as far as I perceive them) Creeds out there

OS is one of my new favorites, and might even be my favorite or second favorite Creed. And this is coming from a guy who can't stand JOOP in the slightest bit.

I personally like both of them but prefer Original Santal.

Erolfa has a fantastic drydown and it's one of my favorites in the CREED line up. It's actually quite a complex scent.

These are two very different fragrances and certainly not comparable in any way.

+1 on the Erolfa drydown. I'm not real big on aquatic colognes (mainly because so many of them seem to have the same boring theme), but Erolfa is one of the ones I make an exception for. It takes quite a bit to get the sillage out there, and the longevity isn't good, but with Erolfa, it's all about the drydown. It's just such a clean, fresh, happy scent that makes me sure anyone could love when I wear it.

As far as OS, I like it okay, but not on a male. I think it's just too much of a feminine fragrance. It's a very powdery smelling fragrance, especially on drydown. But it does have good longevity. Whenever I smell it, I think of my mother.

Original Santal is ok. I like Santal Imperial a little more and the long-lost Bois de Santal much better.

Erolfa is my favorit Creed fragrance. It has a very authentic marine/ocean aura that is very unique. IMO it`s like a fresh warm salty ocean breeze, mixed with some "dirtyness" from an old wooden pier with dried seasalt on it. It`s my favorit marine scent, and I have tried many ;-) Fresh, crisp, and spicy with a tuch of dirt.. Love it!

Love both, Erolfa shines in the spring and summer and OS for the fall and winter. Both have gotten many compliments too. Erolfa is The dirty sexy version of MI and OS is the one million dollar version of Joop. Many have complained about the longevity of Erolfa but I get over 8 hours everytime. OS is about the same...maybe a bit longer..

Have yet to try either but i hear erolfa is a very underrated summer scent from creed and in general, original santal has been gaining in popularity hear on basenotes....

I like them both, but I prefer Erolfa. My wife prefers Original Santal. I like fresh scents, she prefers orientals. There you go. I have gotten compliments on OS, but none on Erolfa (the same is true for my Millesime Imperial). Some scents are just for my personal enjoyment!

Sur la Plage

I absolutely abhor Erolfa.

Original Santal is OK, but nothing special.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries

EROLFA bored me to tears, and from reading your review, it sounds like you're not really a big fan, either. Go with your gut on that one, although I wouldn't discourage further testing of it to be sure.

erolfa is amazing. smells like happiness to me.

Never smelled Erolfa but I really like Original Santal. It doesn't even smell like a Creed. It's so loud and extroverted. It smells incredibly sweet and has killer longevity.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Unvisible View Post
    erolfa is amazing. smells like happiness to me.
    I agree. One of my favorite scents and puts me in a fantastic mood. Takes about 6 sprays, though. Cartier Roadster Sport has a similar effect.

Interesting first impressions.

These are two of the most polarizing Creeds in my opinion. Also there's a lot of designer fragrances that are comparable to these that make the price of admission way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Interesting first impressions.
    I agree.

I think OS is a great fragrance, but like Le Labo Santal 33 better. Sorry to throw a wrench in the mix but that's my opinion.

+1 on the the Erolfa drydown. It's superb! Love it!

love Creed Erolfa

Neutral about Erolfa -- only sampled it, and recall it being nothing memorable. Original Santal is awful -- loud, obnoxious, synthetic, and unfortunately hard to wash off. Maybe my currently least favorite Creed (along with Royal Delight).
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I love Erolfa, but I really have to BATHE in it to get the desired effect. Wore 3-4 sprays yesterday and it was too weak.

Erolfa is amazing and I am not a Creed fan.

Santal is ok, but Erolfa stands out a little better. Like others said "Erolfa has a better drydown".

Creed Erolfa and Original Santal are my favourite creeds, i love them both..

OS has become a tie for favorite Creed. The longevity is awesome.