Code of Conduct

Cool After a long search, my quest for the holy grail (of florals) is over.

I have tried samples of this perfume before and could not get a grasp on the scent. I liked it but did not know if it was for me. But on a recent trip to San Francisco I had the chance to sample a lot of fragrances and compare them all over the course of a couple of days. So many fragrances I have only read about from houses that I did not know. I narrowed my selections down carefully and returned later in the week to make my purchasses. One that I bought was damned expensive but a perfect floral. Sort of in your face strong but without any of that powdery smell that I almost detest. In a way it reminds me of Black Orchid simply because of it's sexy vibe and borderline feminine quality. Longevity is amazing and there is no need to over spray. I will admit that I was a bit unsure about buying this. The cost is rediculous! Cost be damned. I was on vacation. I was intent on getting something special and I achieved my goal.

This scent is a bit green to start and one amazing scent. I had my first full wearing today. So thankful that I made the decission to drop the cash on this even though the cost is high. I will never be without this scent. In my opinion one of the all time greats of pufermery. Much has been written about this so a review from me would be meaningless.

So what is my Floral Holy Grail?

CARNAL FLOWER
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Dependent

Default Re: After a long search, my quest for the holy grail (of florals) is over.

im ganna have to order a sample of this...
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Default Re: After a long search, my quest for the holy grail (of florals) is over.

Have you already tried the JARs?

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Have you already tried the JARs?
    Unfortunately I have never had the chance. Barney's had many great fragrances including Nasimoto (spelling?) and others I had never tried but I sort of became very i terested in the Frederic Malle scents. Wish I could have taken home some samples of a couple of the Nasimotos but the sample bottles were nearly empty and there were no carded samples. I can get Serge Lutens here so I passed on those.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by calilove View Post
    im ganna have to order a sample of this...
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Barney's had many great fragrances including Nasimoto (spelling?)
    I guess you're referring to Nasomatto (which means crazy nose). Re the JAR, whenever you'll go back to New York, don't miss the chance to test them...a completely life-changing experience.

Congratulations on your purchase!!! Enjoy it in good health.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I have tried samples of this perfume before and could not get a grasp on the scent. I liked it but did not know if it was for me. But on a recent trip to San Francisco I had the chance to sample a lot of fragrances and compare them all over the course of a couple of days. So many fragrances I have only read about from houses that I did not know. I narrowed my selections down carefully and returned later in the week to make my purchasses. One that I bought was damned expensive but a perfect floral. Sort of in your face strong but without any of that powdery smell that I almost detest. In a way it reminds me of Black Orchid simply because of it's sexy vibe and borderline feminine quality. Longevity is amazing and there is no need to over spray. I will admit that I was a bit unsure about buying this. The cost is rediculous! Cost be damned. I was on vacation. I was intent on getting something special and I achieved my goal.

This scent is a bit green to start and one amazing scent. I had my first full wearing today. So thankful that I made the decission to drop the cash on this even though the cost is high. I will never be without this scent. In my opinion one of the all time greats of pufermery. Much has been written about this so a review from me would be meaningless.

CARNAL FLOWER

It doesn't surprise me at all.

My Holy Grail too alongside Fleur d'Oranger and Tubereuse Criminelle by Lutens.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CARNAL FLOWER
    I had a feeling it was Carnal flower even before scrolling down to see what was written, maybe because I felt the same way when I first smelled it, but I didn't get a full bottle yet as I don't think I'll be able to wear it very often.

Be careful though I think it's so concentrated that it can stain light colored clothes... but yeah Carnal flower is really good!
    Last edited by hawk; 9th October 2012 at 09:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I had a feeling it was Carnal flower even before scrolling down to see what was written, maybe because I felt the same way when I first smelled it
    Me too! l finally purchased a bottle earlier this year, having first fallen in love with it 3-4 years ago, it is one of my most treasured perfumes. l agree with the OP, it really is one of the all-time greats, & a must-sniff for anyone who loves fragrance.

FWIW, l tried Jardenia this year, but it didn't blow me away the way CF did. Just as well, because the JARs are craaaaazily expensive!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Another expensive one that I will have to try. rats.

Basenotes Plus

Hahah. I too guessed 'Carnal Flower' by the time I read "The scent is a bit green..." It is an amazing fragrance indeed. Now that you've found it, does this mean you will stop sniffing for florals?

JAR's price will burn a bigger hole in your pocket though. But sometimes the experience is worth the ticket price and then some.

Banned

While I do not share your opinion as to Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle, Tubereuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens being my choice, nonetheless, do enjoy.

I have a sample of Carnal Flower. I wore it once a while back. I really liked it a lot - but found it too feminine to wear in public. I plan to revisit it again sometime soon.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    It doesn't surprise me at all.

My Holy Grail too alongside Fleur d'Oranger and Tubereuse Criminelle by Lutens.
    Yes, ++ the two Serge Lutens fragrances + perhaps A La Nuit also - pure Jasmine flowers.
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

A great choice! It's lovely reading about when someone gets so passionate about a fragrance.

The JAR's really impressed me, but they weren't as life changing as I hoped, but I have thoroughly enjoyed (and am continuing to enjoy) exploring them.
    The Aftelier's were life-changing for me, and one of my holy grail florals is without a doubt - Secret Garden which is now closely being followed by Haute Claire, I can't rate these fragrances highly enough. I only have a bottle of Secret Garden but the other will need to be in my hands soon! The price is scary too, same price as Malle but for 30ml of juice - uhoh, but worth every bean!

But yes, I think I need a little bottle of Carnal Flower to have around - whilst I love Tuberese Criminelle so so much, I find the drydown (although lovely) - no match for the opening, the great thing about Carnal Flower is how it continues to be beautiful until the end.

Congratulations I'll have to give it a try

Carnal Flower is well made but too sweet and flowery for me personally.

I have no fear of sweet and flowery! Nor of dark and brooding. But there is something in this that is just a bit more for me. Intoxicating. Addictive. And perhaps a bit of a challenge to wear. But wear it I will.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I don't think I could pull it off but it is indeed beautiful. I am excited to see that a couple of people put Tubereuse Crimenelle in the same company as Carnal Flower because I should have a sample of this waiting in the mail when I get back in town tomorrow.