Code of Conduct

Default Paris - obtaining samples?

I am off to Paris next week and was wondering whether there is an etiquette for buying/obtaning samples. I hate spraying on me in the shop - things mingle together and I forget what was sprayed where - and while I can order decants online (and have been) it makes sense to pick things up in store. Especially when lines like Comptoir Sud Pacifique and Montale aren't easy to find in the UK!

I'm interested in:
    Frederic Malle
    Montale (the website only tells me that their old boutique is closed - is there a new one?)
    Profumo
    Mona Di Oro
    M.Micallef
    Tauer
    Diptyque
    Parfumerie Generale

Where is the best place to go for sample vials? Do stores in France let you take your own as with Nordstroms in the US? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Paris - obtaining samples?

I can only tell you about Montale - yep, they're closed now, and there is no new store so far. Thus there's no other store in Paris which carries Montale Accordingly no samples for it.
    Your Perfume Guide (all about city shopping guides and list of parfums by dominating note)

Default Re: Paris - obtaining samples?

I've never seen a store in Europe that lets you take your own. And in general they are stingy if you don't buy (but they give if you do).

I always bring a pencil with me when I go out sniffing, to write down the name on the paper strip. Paper strips keep the scent for a long time.

cacio