Code of Conduct

Thread: Buying online

Default Buying online

If i'm buying online, I'll always use well known, varified legit places. But what happens if (like now) I start looking for something which is either lesser known or discontinued? That is, if the fragrance you're looking for is not being sold on all the usual places, but you see it for sale on various other sites that you've never used and know nothing of?

Are there general guidelines? Is it just a blanket no-no? Is it just a case of take a punt and hope for the best? Am I being over cautious & should just believe that the vast majority of fragrance sites are legit? Any hints, tips or general rules to follow in such a situation would be very much appriciated! As I get more in to this hobby, an increasing number of bottles i'm interested in are ones that are not widely available in your every day well known shops/sites so any help with what to do in said situation would be very useful!

Thanks.

Default Re: Buying online

What I've seen: Most of the time the discontinued frag goes to the online retailers and stores like TJ Maxx, with some on ebay. Then you might see a dump on ebay. Finally, you'll see only a few on ebay at high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    What I've seen: Most of the time the discontinued frag goes to the online retailers and stores like TJ Maxx, with some on ebay. Then you might see a dump on ebay. Finally, you'll see only a few on ebay at high prices.
    I'm not talking about ebay or known places like TJ Maxx. I'm looking for advice on using unknown fragrance sites.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by QWERTYOP; 9th October 2012 at 12:12 PM.

If possible, I would seek BN advice regarding those specific sites. Which sites are they?
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

The vast majority are legit, but there are always unscrupulous individuals out there. Care is needed.

Be cautious, I bought a bottle of Gucci Envy on eCrater and it was obvious it was stored improperly, the scent had almost completely left it.

Are there any general checks I can make to help me deduce that a site is legit? I'd guess an address & contact details would be one for example?

Independent feedback would be another....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I tend to avoid the sites that use a proxy registrant for their WHOIS info.