Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Tuesday, 9th October 2012

Good morning! Wearing Tabac Blond and feeling fab.

Have a great day!

Anita-Ekberg2.jpg
    Last edited by ladymurasaki; 9th October 2012 at 10:35 AM.
    Do happy

Default Re: SOTD Tuesday, 9th October 2012

Good morning. Amouage Dia Women.

L'Artisan Iris Pallida.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

It's a Jicky day. EdP for now and Extrait later.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Givenchy Play Intense

Morning,

Guerlain Liu today.

Best to all.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning ! - how was the evening at Kew Gardens, G ?

SotD is Creed Original Vetiver.

Happy Birthday JaimeB

Bleu de Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Good morning ! - how was the evening at Kew Gardens, G ?
    Evening was superb - thanks for asking, Jon. A big turn out (mostly Kew Gardens' students) and Lila did a fine job in presenting. Lots of perfumes and a few plants to sniff, including two iris pallida extracts from plantations in different countries. Fascinating to compare them. Also got my nostrils on Xerjoff's Irisss for the first time (*wow*).
    The hit of the evening was Aedes de Venustas' rhubarby scent - went down a storm with the audience. Perhaps not altogether surprising.
    Went on to a pub afterwards with a friend to round-off the night. Couldn't have asked for more ! Well, apart from some more sleep, that is

Bois du Portugal

Bonjour Mesdames!

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Shalimar, best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Vintage Mitsouko edt, a lovely gift from a smoking hot basenoter. This formulation reminds me of horses nuzzling you on an autumn morning, there is a kind of a hay note, and then there's that that funkiness that hits you in the back of the throat, all wrapped up in a smooth sort of peach fuzz that makes it all alright. Perfection.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Wearing my lovely Chanel Coromandel today....Superb! Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Hello all. Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente.
    DONNA

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Tuesday, 9th October 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

SotD - two sprays of Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford (from a sample)

Good morning everyone -

I have a craving for roses again, and I'm indulging it in Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Sampling Muguet Blanc from the VC&A Extraordinaire collection. Starts off with a pretty nice l-o-v note, given that this is an impossible note these days. However, it gives way all too soon to a sweetart accord that some refer to as "peony". Not for me, the green blast is enjoyable in the opening but the "peony" here just makes me crave the far more realistic Pivoine Rose by Ava Luxe.

Have a great day, gang!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Sounds like you had a fabulous time, G.

SotD is By Kilian Back to Black.

Have a great day!

Salut mes amis!

Daim Blond again(from a rapidly dwindling 8ml sample) - loving it's soft, haughty,
    nose-tingling feel.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Afternoon all. SOTD was AP Strip - and very nice it was too. Although I expect that wasn't the reaction AP were looking for ...

Avignon for me, today.
    Have a nice afternoon
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Lady M, love the photo!!

G, it sounds like you had a fantastic night. I'm going to have to check out the rhubarb scent. I wonder if that might be a good early spring fragrance, for when I start to get a yearning for the smell of growing things but it seems too early for my full-on spring/summer Big White Florals .... That tends to be when I reach for Une Fleur de Cassie... Hmmmm. I sense the need for another sample purchase.

Quarry, love the truck. With those new-fangled options (like shoulder belts and airbags) , I'll bet your insurance goes down, too.

RHM, it sounds like things are progressing nicely. I'm so happy for you!

It's overcast, grey, and chill today. So I happily pulled out the lovely, warming Ambre Russe. I'm so ready for my autumn/winter fragrance line-up. Woo hoo!

Good morning- first post!
    I'm starting my day in Tokyo Milk's Le Petit. Snuggly violet and vanilla for a sweater dress kind of day.

queen of the universe

Everyone's so classy today! I'm greeting this fall day with something funky and even a bit adolescent, Ralph Hot, a "breakfast gourmand" that does go really well with a hot cuppa joe. Good day, all!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Caliber 12 by Jeanne Arthes

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I just have to say I LOVE that picture of Anita Eckberg! LOL I'm a man and due to my interest in some femme fragrances I'm wearing Shalimar EDP for the first time and I can't keep my wrist away from my nose!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Katesonskates! Welcome, I say!

Hey, Extreme, if you wanna smell rhubarb, gimme your addy and I'll send you a samp of L'Artisan's D'humeur Jalouse, which is a real novelty.

RHM, what kind of work are you shadowing, if you don't mind telling us? Today our daughter is shadowing a professional organizer who's dealing with a hoarder. I expect to hear interesting observations when she gets home.

The Las Vegas BN meet-up has me feeling the magnetism that is you people. Magnetic hugs al-l-l-l-l-l around

From my regular rotation: Jaisalmer -- gees, how I love this. Not a note to shy away from anywhere in its development. Comforting, but not so boringly mellow as to put a person to sleep.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

DK Gold edp for me today. Love to everybody.

Good Evening,

Hello to katesonskates and southerngardens
    Since Larimar officially declared it 'a Jicky Day', I've done my duty and spritzed some extrait tonight.

Be well, everyone.

Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau today. Thinking of getting M Generation as a blind buy, I wonder if a woman could pull it off? hmmm

SOTE

L´Occitane ~ Eau Du Contadour

Roja Dove Diagalev this am into the afternoon.

Good Morning, all.
    Welcome, kateonskates!
    southerngardens, if it smells good, wear it. And Shalimar edp smells more than good!

Chanel 31 Rue Cambon today.

Welcome, kateonskates! Adorable username!

Welcome to you, too, southerngardens! I understand what you are going through- the same happened to me when I first sniffed Shalimar as a young girl. Still sniff myself constantly while wearing it to this day! Makes a great masculine, as mikeperez and many other BN men will attest. Enjoy your wrist-sniffin'!

Have moved on to a sample of Miss Balmain. Waaay more "me" than my earlier sample!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Evening was superb - thanks for asking, Jon. A big turn out (mostly Kew Gardens' students) and Lila did a fine job in presenting. Lots of perfumes and a few plants to sniff, including two iris pallida extracts from plantations in different countries. Fascinating to compare them. Also got my nostrils on Xerjoff's Irisss for the first time (*wow*).
    The hit of the evening was Aedes de Venustas' rhubarby scent - went down a storm with the audience. Perhaps not altogether surprising.
    Went on to a pub afterwards with a friend to round-off the night. Couldn't have asked for more ! Well, apart from some more sleep, that is
    Wonderful!

Monegal Ambra De Luna today.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Azuree last night that lasted past the morning shower. I love that crazy thing's drydown! What unexpected softness after that long toughie opening.

This afternoon it's Fendi Palazzo -- Tuesday situations require a somewhat subdued, easily pleasant fragrance, but I wanted to be autumnal and patchouli louche too.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sort of laughing at how probably few to no one else thinks of Azuree as having a soft drydown. I just do one spray! And also, Palazzo autumnal? The evocation of oranges and browns and Halloween candy was the thought. Oh perfume descriptions and their stupefying subjectivity!

Basenotes Plus

Hi, Kateonskates and Southerngardens!!

Basenotes Plus

Welcome katesonskates and southerngardens

G, I'm with you on Xerjoff Irisss - absolutely stunning. Unfortunately so is the price. Oh, for that lottery win .....

Going with another Iris for the evening. VC&A Bois d'Iris.

Welcome Katesonskates belt up for the crazy Basenotes ride

Been in EL Pleasures again today. Funny I really want pretty, clean and healthy now after months of craving almond, vanilla and amber comfort scents. Time to rootle out the happy summer cheerer uppers again

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Katesonskates belt up for the crazy Basenotes ride

Been in EL Pleasures again today. Funny I really want pretty, clean and healthy now after months of craving almond, vanilla and amber comfort scents. Time to rootle out the happy summer cheerer uppers again

Still enjoying my roses, I'm in Frederic Malle's fetching and flirty Lipstick Rose for the afternoon.

Welcome to basenotes, kateonskates and southerngardens - it's great to have y'all here!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Welcome katesonskates and southerngardens! Nice to see you. Nice first posts too!

Ramon Monegal Umbra for the rest of the evening.

Hello,

I am safe and sound, everything went well at the demonstration today, except of course that nothing is going to change...

I was wearing the soapy
    Iris, Lily of the Valley, Cotton
    by Korres
    , from a sample.

I love that photo of irises, Jon!

^So glad you got through it in one piece *dora* - good for you! Hang in there!

Vintage Diorissimo!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Helmut Lang EDP today.

hugs to all ... (is it the weekend yet???)
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Just came back from the BN meetup in Vegas.
    Wow, I am completely overwhelmed by smells, sounds, moving machines, cigarette smoke and neon lights. This was my first time in Vegas, I would never go except for the BNers -- and the sniffing and meeting was fabulous. I thought of Quarry.
    And Al Gae and I were thinking of PerfumedLady and talking about her -- did your ears burn?
    And yours, TWolf -- Redneck Perfumisto and I were saying hey to you virtually.

Anyway, two ambers for me today -- VV Ambra Mediterranea and Mitza by Dior. How could I not know this stuff before? from a dab Mitza was adorable. I crave more! more Mitza!

Blog Entries

SOTD: Lime, Basil and Mandarin by Jo Malone.