Code of Conduct

Default Article: An interview with Ramon Monegal

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: Article: An interview with Ramon Monegal

Wow, thanks for that Alfarom! I love Ambra Di Luna..my fave from the line. That's so awesome you got an interview

Aww, he made a perfume for his wife for wedding day, so nice. I guess he has a special affinity for iris, which makes probably makes his Impossible Iris so special. And people can notice a special iris when sniffed. I am not the biggest iris fan so far but I can see why iris fans love this. The iris note does lasts longer than some I've sniffed for sure. It's earthy, soft and I get a tiny bit of sweet, almost sweet spice on top or a touch of fizzy fruit. I really like how much sweet/berry was used, it's just enough to notice on the top there..but it's definitely not overdone..it's just right. It isn't really fruity to my nose. It has a touch of fruit. It isn't like an overloaded raspberry note one can find in some designer scents..it's just a bit of berry. It's smooth, creamy and some of the other notes add warmth to it.

But I do like that Ambra Di Luna!
    Last edited by kalli; 9th October 2012 at 01:37 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I have been looking forward to this interview very much, and my word Alfarom, it was well worth the wait. What a fascinating read, and just lovely actually. I particularly like the sections where Mr Monegal talks about materials, and the section where he talks about his style. That is wonderful and it explains my own feelings about his fragrances. It is fascinating how he has succesfully conveyed his intentions, his concept, to finished fragrances.

Also, thank you so much for focusing in on the Impossible Iris.

A wonderful interview. Thank You to Alfarom and to Mr Monegal.

Wow, very enlightening interview. Thank you, Alfarom! There is no question that Mr. Monegal's creations are emotionally charged, especially Impossible Iris. What a beautiful, romantic story, and it translated into the scent very well. Impossible Iris made it to my Christmas wish list.

Thank you, Alfarom. I wonderful read and a new discovery for me. It's as if the soul of the creator really shines through the approach, philosophy, and (I imagine) scent creations of this perfumer. I hope to try these some day.

Sound Scents

Wonderful interview, Alfa! I, like others particularly was interested in RM's take on the creation of Impossible Iris, as it is indeed a rarity in the fact that it is pretty much universally appealing despite someone's proclivity towards iris going in. A great read; many thanks!

Excellent, as always.
    I envy your drive and ability to write such wonderful interviews with such marvelous people.

Bravo, Alfarom !

Thanks everyone for you kind words! This line truly deserves some serious attention!

Great job Alfarom! I don't own a bottle yet, but some day soon. Gets my vote for classy bottle of the year for sure.

brilliant interview alfarom, it made for a fascinating read. thank you!

Well written and insightful interview into the mind of an obviously seasoned fragrance creator...quite fascinating! Well done sir!

Basenotes Plus

Congrats, great interview!!

Blog Entries

Thanks very much indeed Alfarom for your great contribution!

Is it possible to obtain a discovery set for these scents?

Do you know?

Thanks very much indeed...

I'm not sure they have a sample program but you can get samples of the whole line through those websites carrying the line (First In Fragrance and Luckyscent among others).

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise you can always try to contact them via their website...

http://ramonmonegal.com/

Dependent

Thanks alfarom!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Great interview! You certainly have a knack for asking the right questions, Alfarom.

You had me at "restrained and sophisticated." LOL. Hope to get a sniff of these one day. I quite like the inkwell bottles too but not the awkward orientation of the banner-like sticker labels which forces you to turn your head sideways just to read the fragrance name. Believe it or not it is the number one reason why I cannot bring myself to buy a L'Artisan Parfumeur...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I'm not sure they have a sample program but you can get samples of the whole line through those websites carrying the line (First In Fragrance and Luckyscent among others).

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise you can always try to contact them via their website...

http://ramonmonegal.com/
    Thanks very much Alfarom :-)!

Basenotes Member

Great interview Alfarom. I´ve hed the pleasure of met Mr. Monegal at his shop in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. He is a very kind and open man. We talked about ingredients (working on the industry, I wanted to know about his opinion about aromachemicals) and perfume based on genres/basenotes.

They do not have a sample program, but I think they working on it.

Banned

Wow great read!!
    I did not know that you make such good interviews:-)

But i think emotions have gender so perfumes too, i know i cant get the same emotions with my male friends as with my female friends, we talk in different expressions! Some are more acceptable for men and some for women, he can talk whatever he wants but i noticed men cant appreciate enough some floral notes as well as women cant appreciate some animalic notes, speaking in general:-)

I wish i can try his iris, i am so much in love with that note now!! Also entre naranjos , uf how i wish to smell them:-)

Thank you Alfarom

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by engar View Post
    Great interview Alfarom. I´ve hed the pleasure of met Mr. Monegal at his shop in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. He is a very kind and open man. We talked about ingredients (working on the industry, I wanted to know about his opinion about aromachemicals) and perfume based on genres/basenotes.

They do not have a sample program, but I think they working on it.
    Thanks very much for the Feedback :-)

Thank you for the great interview, Alfarom!

It seems that their sampling program has gotten off the ground. I have just received an e-mail about it from the company. The "discovery size" is 2 ml and the prices including shipping are:

1 sample = 5 EUR
    7 samples = 25 EUR
    14 samples = 50 EUR

Payment is via PayPal, you can place your order by e-mailing info@ramonmonegal.com.

Blog Entries

Thanks very much indeed.

Kindest regards

Francop

I love reading this interview, and now I'm looking forward to sampling the fragrances, especially Impossible Iris. I love the idea of the inkwell bottles.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved reading this, and I'm looking forward to sampling the fragrances, especially Impossible Iris.

2ml is better than those .7 ml from Luckyscent. Hope they ship to the U.S.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Institution

I didn't realize that the bottles were shaped like ink wells. Duh.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I love Ramón Monegal perfumes and I had also the chance to have an interview with Ramón in July in Germany. He is a very kind person, so his wife Maria and his Director Francisco. It was a great day and we spoke about perfumes only. About the history and Myrurgia and about the present, but also about his planes and the future. I posted my interview in the biggest German perfume forum.
    My prefered fragrance is Ambra di Luna. I just LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    Thank you for the great interview, Alfarom!

It seems that their sampling program has gotten off the ground. I have just received an e-mail about it from the company. The "discovery size" is 2 ml and the prices including shipping are:

1 sample = 5 EUR
    7 samples = 25 EUR
    14 samples = 50 EUR

Payment is via PayPal, you can place your order by e-mailing info@ramonmonegal.com.
    This is great news if it means more opportunity for people to try this line. I've been exploring the line for a while now and the more I get to know them, the more I get from them and the more I enjoy them. They are gorgeous. Really quite special I think. My favourites are;

Entre Naranjos, bright, sparkling neroli and petigrain with an unexpected twist.
    L'Eau de Rose, crystal clear rose.
    Cuirelle, honeyed suede.
    Impossible Iris, exactly as it says.
    Ambra de Luna, sensuous and reassuring amber and castoreum.

Once you get your samples why don't you pop over to Alfa's big discussion thread, http://www.basenotes.net/.../302340-...ona-A-New-Line. There is lots of great stuff there. Please join in!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florblanca View Post
    I love Ramón Monegal perfumes and I had also the chance to have an interview with Ramón in July in Germany. He is a very kind person, so his wife Maria and his Director Francisco. It was a great day and we spoke about perfumes only. About the history and Myrurgia and about the present, but also about his planes and the future. I posted my interview in the biggest German perfume forum.
    My prefered fragrance is Ambra di Luna. I just LOVE it!
    Thanks for your lovely post Florblanca, and you engar. It is so nice to see our Spanish friends here!

Blog Entries

I am trying Cuirelle, Mon Cuir and Mon Patchouli this weel; am enjoying the scents; will post my opinions very soon..:-)

I discovered Ramón Monegal in November 2011, searching for information about Myrurgia. I could collect several Myrurgia vintage perfumes and I'm very happy about that.
    I contacted Ramón Monegal beginning of December 2011 and I got 23 fragrance samples - the current 14 plus some fragrances, available at the RM store in Barcelona only. I started with my tests and I wrote the reviews - so my connection with RM an my simpathy for the fragrances begun. The fragrances offer a really wide range for every taste and I guess, there will be some nice surprice from Ramón in the future.
    I'm very curious about that! :-)

Blog Entries

I tried Impossible Iris this morning and so far this is my favourite scent from the line...

does anyone know who the usa distributer is of this brand

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone know who the usa distributer is for this brand that sells to other shops

Blog Entries

and this afternoon I am trying Umbra and also love it...very nice indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by fakejazzz View Post
    does anyone know who the usa distributer is of this brand

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone know who the usa distributer is for this brand that sells to other shops
    Hi, I know for sure, that they have one already. Please contact the Barcelona office directly for the name. Send an email to: fgr@ramonmonegal.com and you will get an answer soon.