Code of Conduct

Default Wonderwood by Comme des Garcons

I tried Wonderwood few months back and found it to be very good. Please share your thoughts about it. I was looking for this for quiet some time and finally I can buy it. Price is little high ($110-3.4 oz) so wanted to know if there is something which is better than this or....
    Please share your experiences..!
    Finally bought it!
    Last edited by staticx; 1st March 2013 at 02:41 AM.

Default Re: Wonderwood by Comme des Garcons

It should be renamed Wonderwhatisspecialaboutitwood
    Last edited by starshipvelcro; 10th October 2012 at 02:20 PM.

Did you try the search function? Here's a thread of people talking about it: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301948-CdG-wonderwood

It's a nice lighter wood scent. Nothing more, nothing less. It starts with a peppery note followed by some lighter, "blonde" wood notes. Sandlewood perhaps and cedar.

Mainly black pepper in the opening but then it develops all kind of woody notes with a long lasting power.

Smells very VERY similar to Gucci Rush for men. I own it and i really Like it! I find it to be ANYTHING but light. It's IMO quite strong, lasts a good while (3-4 hours on skin - all day on fabric/clothing) It does have pepper in it like "nonisa" said but, it's not so peppery to be in the same league as Marc jacobs "bang" (that is a pepper BOMB!).

I think it's a spectauclar offering from CDG...one I reach for much more often than most!!

A safe blind buy In My Opinion. (easy to re-sell on here or ebay if you dont like it too)

I find it to be a safe blind buy but a boring scent in my opinion.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Thanks for all the reply. I think I'm more confuse about it now..!

Banned

Here's ↓↓↓ my impressions. Hope they are helpful.

Wonderwood by Comme des Garcons - Welcome to the wide world of woods! The interesting opening is a dank, forest tree scent, supplied by the melange of warm sandalwood, hints of zesty bergamot and anise-like, caraway seeds, earthy vetiver and creamy guaic wood. This impressive concoction is reminescent of a felled tree in a rain forest, with the attendant damp and green environs. Transitioning to the waiting middle, spicy pepper, ghosts of apple, plum and floral fruitiness from the cristalin, musky powder from the cashmeran, and savory incense enhance the woody brew. The awesome drydown with its rich cedar and enchanting agarwood tug at this lively heart, and is augmented by a charming patchouli, faintly bathing the cedar and oud in an air of mustiness, and a refreshing, dry cypress, with its hint of spiciness, exalting the pleasing, woody base. This high-quality and exceptional composition has good projection, after some 4 hours becoming a skin scent, and excellent longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Here's ↓↓↓ my impressions. Hope they are helpful.

Wonderwood by Comme des Garcons - Welcome to the wide world of woods! The interesting opening is a dank, forest tree scent, supplied by the melange of warm sandalwood, hints of zesty bergamot and anise-like, caraway seeds, earthy vetiver and creamy guaic wood. This impressive concoction is reminescent of a felled tree in a rain forest, with the attendant damp and green environs. Transitioning to the waiting middle, spicy pepper, ghosts of apple, plum and floral fruitiness from the cristalin, musky powder from the cashmeran, and savory incense enhance the woody brew. The awesome drydown with its rich cedar and enchanting agarwood tug at this lively heart, and is augmented by a charming patchouli, faintly bathing the cedar and oud in an air of mustiness, and a refreshing, dry cypress, with its hint of spiciness, exalting the pleasing, woody base. This high-quality and exceptional composition has good projection, after some 4 hours becoming a skin scent, and excellent longevity.
    Great explanation!! Thanks.

I would say that it's a safe blind buy if you like woody and sweet smells. It lasts forever too, I got a good 10+ hours out of one small spray on my wrist.
    Last edited by chopwet; 16th October 2012 at 09:48 AM.

Together with 8.88 and Amazingreen, possibly one of the least interesting compositions in the whole CDG's range. Not bad but far from being outstanding in such an imponent line.
    Last edited by alfarom; 10th October 2012 at 01:02 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Sound Scents

I loved it. It has some passing similarities to Encre Noir but is certainly not a clone. If you love woody scents, this one is indeed wonderful.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

This one is not for me, it smells very generically woody, with little body. It does give off an interesting kind of aura, fairly transparent. I get a similar vibe with Montale's Dark Aoud, which I prefer over wonderwood.

I love it too.

It's a bad CDG but a great perfume. Very complex and, beings CDG, somewhat cutting edge. Highly synthetic but in a good way.

for swap/sale:

I expected it to be harsh wood, but it wasnt. It was actually a lighter wood scent. Pleasant, but longevity and projection was way below average on my skin: 4 hours longevity, 30-45 mins projection.

It's OK but nothing special IMO.

I love wonderwood, because I love the scent of the Mysore Sandalwood oil accord, which is primarily what this fragrance is about.

Basenotes Junkie

It's a great frag. I get at least 10 hours out of it, but it does get closer to skin about 4 hours in. It's a slightly sweet, spicy wood frag. I really like it.

I LOVE IT! One of my favorite scents! If you like woody fragrances, definitely check it out!

Disappointing after the CdG Incense series. There are also a couple in the Red series (Sequoia, Palisander) that I would choose over this one.

Not bad. But I wasn't all that hyped when I sampled it. Safe blind buy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    This one is not for me, it smells very generically woody, with little body. It does give off an interesting kind of aura, fairly transparent. I get a similar vibe with Montale's Dark Aoud, which I prefer over wonderwood.
    +1
    Like Dark Aoud's sweeter safer cousin. I definitely get the similarities from the oud and sandlewood notes.

I like it also...