Code of Conduct

Thread: Armani Alhambra

Default Armani Alhambra

I just got to try Armani Prive Oranger Alhambra and I think it is quite a good scent. However, it is very similar to Hermes d'Orange Verte. I can barely tell them apart side by side except the Oranger is a little brighter. Given the price, I would probably go with the Hermes.

Default Re: Armani Alhambra

Interesting take on the situation, bobaka! I know you love and appreciate those orange scents.
    I see the two as quite different. On my skin, the Hermes is quite green with orange notes. My mental image is a brilliant firework: short, sharp, dazzling.
    The Armani is a gorgeous orange-blossom scent for me. I don't get any particuarly green notes there. My mental image is a soft, cozy fog.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I agree with you to some extant. In a traditional cologne I don't find moss particularly appealing (i.e. Etiquette Bleue, Orange Verte, etc), which may be the reason I was not smitten by Alhambra, but I will continue to test and see if my opinion changes. I got some green notes from it, but I agree not as much as Hermes.

Basenotes Institution

I love the Armani, but I can't for the life of me smell the similarities to the Hermes. Hmm....

I'll take the Armani any day!!! The Hermes scent never lasts on my skin.....Gary

Hermes does have the fruity accord of papaya and other exotic fruits that does make the heart significantly different from Alhambra. But to me a chypre is usually a chypre.

A very hot day here today and I felt like an Orange hit. Though they may be different a comparrison with Orange Vert is unavoidable. I found OA to be a deeper more velvety orange than the brighter Hermes. I see the OA as a warm evening scent and the Hermes a daytime one. Having said all that, the OA experience even after five sprays neck and arms, was all too fleeting, albeit beautiful while it lasted.