Code of Conduct

Red face Frag reviews. Check it out.

Hey gentlemen. I've just started to do frag reviews. I'll be telling to MY opinions on frags and I promise quality reviews! I'd greatly appreciate it if you checked my channel out subscribe to make sure you keep up with the reviews, thanks. Stay classy, gentlemen.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzN4...?feature=watch
    Last edited by TeenfragGent; 8th September 2012 at 01:09 AM.

Default Re: Frag reviews. Check it out.

Thanks for the link.

No problem my good sir~

Your video should be used as an example of how NOT to make a good first impression. You couldn't wait for your camera to charge? I'm not seeing anything to suggest it was important that you rush this for all the world to see. Sorry if I sound harsh but you seem to be intent on failing.

Ok, I'll take this ad advice, thank you & i completely understand what you're saying, I"m removing this video and will only release true quality videos. Thanks you and stay classy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenfragGent View Post
    Ok, I'll take this ad advice, thank you & i completely understand what you're saying, I"m removing this video and will only release true quality videos. Thanks you and stay classy.
    You will never go wrong by producing the highest quality you have in you. Mediocre is everywhere. All the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    You will never go wrong by producing the highest quality you have in you. Mediocre is everywhere. All the best to you.
    I wish 90% of the YouTube reviewers would study these first two sentences. Though I often disagree with Marc (Robes08), he takes the time to really study and learn a fragrance, write out a ton of info about the scent, the best time to wear it, best seasons, best occasions, etc, etc. It is so thorough that I feel like I have smelled the scent when all I've done is watch his review. It's easy to tell that many other YouTube reviewers do on-the-fly reviews which results in 15 minutes of scatterbrained rambling, going off on tangents, etc.

Others have technical issues, be it poor audio, poor video, the user not knowing how his camera works so he spends 90 seconds trying to get the camera to focus on the bottle and/or box, etc. So yes, TeenfragGent, if you spend lots of time on your videos, formulating coherent and streamlined thoughts and presenting quality reviews you'll already be leaps and bounds ahead of most YT reviewers.

I find the youtube reviews to be a waste of time, generally-speaking of course. Many are just plain bad, for example, only addressing the top notes. Even if the review is "good," it takes too long, relative to a good written review, and I know to go to BN, MUA, and Fragrantica to look for reviews (and a few blogs), so it's easier to find written reviews as well. However, if someone is doing the youtube equivalent of a Foetidus review, I would like to bookmark that person's YT channel.

There are quite a few good YouTube reviewers. Good luck.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

I'll try my very best to satisfy everyone's needs. I'm taking what all of you say into account.

Blog Entries

Good luck and, above all, enjoy it! Will keep checking for new reviews.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lm6 View Post
    I wish 90% of the YouTube reviewers would study these first two sentences. Though I often disagree with Marc (Robes08), he takes the time to really study and learn a fragrance, write out a ton of info about the scent, the best time to wear it, best seasons, best occasions, etc, etc. It is so thorough that I feel like I have smelled the scent when all I've done is watch his review.
    When he first started, Marc even came onto BN and took a lot of constructive criticisms and suggestions from the folks - including many people who didn't see value in video reviews at all. Some were a bit harsh. But he clearly did his homework. I've always felt like I had a good handle on a scent after Marc's reviews.

Yeah, Marc (and also Katie Puckrik) have both grown leaps and bounds, although Katie has learned how to be very succinct and keep her videos down to a reasonable length. It's the reviewers who fill the dead spaces with "uhhh", "ummm", fill you in on what happened during their day, or talk about how long it took for their fragrance to arrive in the mail, etc, etc that I find tedious. Granted, nobody is paying them to do this and it's their channel so they can do and say whatever they want but I see a lot of YouTube reviewers pop up out of nowhere and just as soon as they arrived they leave, probably because they expected instant success and can't fathom why it didn't happen overnight.

More recently, The Fragrance Bros are a perfect example of guys taking their channel and content very seriously, and having two perspectives makes their videos twice as informative. Their personalities are likable, funny and entertaining, unlike some other folks who have the personality akin to having just woken up 30 seconds before hitting the record button!

Blog Entries

..., unlike some other folks who have the personality akin to having just woken up 30 seconds before hitting the record button!
    LOL!!!

Yeah - I know better than to take up video reviews. Find. Your. Medium. I think Katie is definitely great for video, too. In fact, I think it was her videos that truly convinced me that video reviews were viable or even better for some folks.

My suggestion: find a niche.

Look at basenotes for example. Click on any given fragrance house, and there's usually a couple with 50+ reviews, but the majority have a handful or even none. There are hundreds of fragrances out there waiting to be reviewed, but everyone seems to want to add another 2 cents to the pile on whatever is big at the moment. If you do that you'll need to stand atop a huge pile.

Simmilarly when people ask for recommendations you tend to see the same few dozen scents crop up again and again. Sometimes in the same thread!

You could look for fragrances that are to be, or have recently been discontinued (as these often represent the scents no one is paying attention to) and review those. If there is still shelf-stock available and you put people on to such scents they'll be getting something unique from you in that it won't be what everyone else is wearing, and will soon be unavailable.

You could seek out fragrances that are widely panned and offer a fresh perspective.

Or you could do entirely negative reviews. Go to a store, smell everything, review the most putrid. Tell people what not to buy and try to make it funny.

If you're reviewing for teens you could restrict yourself to bottles under a certain price, as younger folk rarely have a lot of money to burn, and it hardly helps them to be told that GiT or Churgui is the bees knees when they're never going to buy it.

Here's something I think would be cool; buy a 30ml/50ml bottle of whatever you've given the highest rating each month, and give it away as a prize to the first person who subscribed to your chanel that month. This could help to bring up your popularity as everyone likes free stuff.

Yeah, Marc (and also Katie Puckrik) have both grown leaps and bounds, although Katie has learned how to be very succinct and keep her videos down to a reasonable length. It's the reviewers who fill the dead spaces with "uhhh", "ummm", fill you in on what happened during their day, or talk about how long it took for their fragrance to arrive in the mail, etc, etc that I find tedious. Granted, nobody is paying them to do this and it's their channel so they can do and say whatever they want but I see a lot of YouTube reviewers pop up out of nowhere and just as soon as they arrived they leave, probably because they expected instant success and can't fathom why it didn't happen overnight.

More recently, The Fragrance Bros are a perfect example of guys taking their channel and content very seriously, and having two perspectives makes their videos twice as informative. Their personalities are likable, funny and entertaining, unlike some other folks who have the personality akin to having just woken up 30 seconds before hitting the record button!
    I agree but find Marc's videos too long. It takes him too long to start talking about the fragrance. I get the impression that he likes the sound of his own voice too much. It's good that he's now added a timeline so that you can skip the irrelevant parts. Personally I think that the information and opinions here on basenotes are much more informed than any of the youtube reviewers, even though I do find some of them entertaining.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Yeah, if anything Basenotes provides multiple opinions condensed into single threads about specific perfumes. No matter how polished and professional a YouTube reviewer is, one person's opinion (not even Chandler Burr nor Luca Turin) has nothing on the usefulness of an entire community giving their opinions like you find on BN.

Yeah, if anything Basenotes provides multiple opinions condensed into single threads about specific perfumes. No matter how polished and professional a YouTube reviewer is, one person's opinion (not even Chandler Burr nor Luca Turin) has nothing on the usefulness of an entire community giving their opinions like you find on BN.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Default Alright I suppose this is the start to my reviews in a way! Read description.

My camera and editing software are not working so I'll have to save up for a new one. It's quite sad so I appologize for the briefness and dumb simplicity of the video. Thank you! Also, I'll try my best to do unboxings and first impressions whenever I receive something!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSuQ-...eature=g-all-u

Default Re: Alright I suppose this is the start to my reviews in a way! Read description.

You do realize that your labeled as a female which is what I expected to see. Good luck dude.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Default Re: Alright I suppose this is the start to my reviews in a way! Read description.

Yeah, I could've sworn I didn't...how do I change that?

how old are you man? nice start though good luck.

Turning 14 and have loved frags all my life. Also, I fixed it lol. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenfragGent View Post
    Turning 14 and have loved frags all my life. Also, I fixed it lol. Thanks.
    Good luck to you young man
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Looking forward to your reviews

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Good luck to you young man
    Yes indeed, good luck to you!

Best of luck.

Good luck - looking forward to your impressions.

Heads up:

Givenchy is pronounced, roughly...

gee-von-SHE

The first g is soft, as in Gigi

cheers

Default Testing now.

Hey Gentlemen I'm currently testing out Armani Code at the moment so look forward to a review in the near future! I'll give you my take on it, thanks! & if you have a youtube channel dont be afraid to subscribe so you dont miss out! Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzN4...ow=grid&view=0

-Justin

Default Re: Testing now.

Subscribed and good luck !

Default Re: Testing now.

Thank you!!

-Justin

Default My top 5 Bargain buys.

Default Re: My top 5 Bargain buys.

Well done, Justin.

Why, thank you!

Good job bud! I had that exact same size MJ cologne when I was younger, recently picked up a big bottle for sentimental purposes. Oh and Slayer rules!

Thanks and thats awesome!!

Slayer!

Dependent

damn awsome!!!!
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Default My Burberry Brit Men Review, check it out!

Hey guys feel free to subscribe for more videos and of course, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXj0O...ature=youtu.be

Default My Rocawear 9IX Review. (Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31rpEzCCZ6w Feel free to subscribe and of course please enjoy.

Default My Channel.

Hey BNers I'd really appreciate it if you took a look at my channel and subscribed. There is certainly more to come and thanks a million!! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzN4...ow=grid&view=0
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee