Code of Conduct

Default buying expensive 5 - 10 ml spray samples is the most economic way to go for me

I am so happy that i sold a few of my bottles that i hardly used to buy many expensive 5-10 ml fragrance... this is the best way for me to wear many fragrance at a cheaper price.. i got the followings

Creed Aventus 5 ml
    Tobacco Vanille 5 ml
    Creed Royal Oud 5 ml
    Creed Himalayas 9 ml
    Tam Dao 2 ml
    Bond no 9 amber 1.7 ml

All for under $50... and still have money left over to buy decent size samples of niche frarance that i want to try..
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: buying expensive 5 - 10 ml spray samples is the most economic way to go for me

I agree when it comes to power houses like Tobacco Vanille. But for Creeds, I much prefer getting a full bottle because I usually do a lot of sprays when I put them on. For my Creeds, I typically do 3 to 5 full sprays.

I also like the spayers of the larger size bottles.

Default Re: buying expensive 5 - 10 ml spray samples is the most economic way to go for me

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I am so happy that i sold a few of my bottles that i hardly used to buy many expensive 5-10 ml fragrance... this is the best way for me to wear many fragrance at a cheaper price.. i got the followings

Creed Aventus 5 ml
    Tobacco Vanille 5 ml
    Creed Royal Oud 5 ml
    Creed Himalayas 9 ml
    Tam Dao 2 ml
    Bond no 9 amber 1.7 ml

All for under $50... and still have money left over to buy decent size samples of niche frarance that i want to try..

It makes good sense to me. Many of us have way to much volume to ever get through. this way you will start to run out from time to time of certain frags but it won't cost you much to get another mini.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    I agree when it comes to power houses like Tobacco Vanille. But for Creeds, I much prefer getting a full bottle because I usually do a lot of sprays when I put them on. For my Creeds, I typically do 3 to 5 full sprays.

I also like the spayers of the larger size bottles.
    I agree. If I buy Creed decants, I make sure they are 30ml at least. I bought 10ml decants of Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir though which will last me an age.

Banned

what you think how much percentagewise from all the people who buy parfumes there are those who have stock for 5years and above?
    i suppose its less then 10%? would be so interesting to see how much of those top 10% holders have parfume quantity compared to the "normal" users hehe

Basenotes Junkie

I wish I could fully embrace the thought, but I seem to be hit hard by the collector-gene :/ I really love the way the bottles look, feel and well ... just ... stand there being awesome.

If not, decants are great, really.

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    I wish I could fully embrace the thought, but I seem to be hit hard by the collector-gene :/ I really love the way the bottles look, feel and well ... just ... stand there being awesome.

If not, decants are great, really.
    This. I'm a collector too. However, if bottle collecting doesn't appeal to you, then definitely the OP has the right idea.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Congrats! I figured this out a long time ago. But I set my minimum at 10 ml.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Purchase less Creeds and more Tobacco Vanille. that's how I do it. Quality over quantity.

Will always opt for bottles whatever the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Purchase less Creeds and more Tobacco Vanille. that's how I do it. Quality over quantity.
    why, Creed? It's not so bad!
    There's ice on the sink where we bathe ....So how can you call this a home.... When you know it's a grave

I kind of do this. I've been getting little 2mL samples of stuff (which gets expensive for so little juice), and then figure out what I really like and put it on a "to buy or split" mental list. I have to say, I love the way bottles look (especially certain ones like Amouage), so that's a small factor, though I wouldn't consider myself a collector yet with such a small number of bottles.

Where are you getting all of these for less than $50? I spent $30 for 3 2 mL samples consisting of TV, OS, and TL (via The Perfumed Court, which I know price gouges).

I find samples unsatisfying, unless they are free (and they're usually not that great). Also spilled one, broke one (must have been really thin glass, it only took a minor dive on the sink, and it was my large Chanel Cuir de Russie sample :-/), others just annoy me by making me want to purchase a bottle of something that I deem too expensive or something that's hard to find, as if I like something I wish to have a proper bottle, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I kind of do this. I've been getting little 2mL samples of stuff (which gets expensive for so little juice), and then figure out what I really like and put it on a "to buy or split" mental list. I have to say, I love the way bottles look (especially certain ones like Amouage), so that's a small factor, though I wouldn't consider myself a collector yet with such a small number of bottles.

Where are you getting all of these for less than $50? I spent $30 for 3 2 mL samples consisting of TV, OS, and TL (via The Perfumed Court, which I know price gouges).
    Ebay
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Less is more in this hobby. Ive learned that the ($) hard way. To the guys with hundreds of bottles, You Cray Doo!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    I usually do a lot of sprays when I put them on. For my Creeds, I typically do 3 to 5 full sprays.

for swap/sale:

I tend to agree - I very seldom buy a bottle over 50ml, Lutens bell jars being the exception. But ideally I prefer 30ml or even less. That way I finish the bottle and can replace with what I want and given I'm still learning, there's plenty I want to try :-)
    Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Creed Baie de Genievre
    Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
    Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum
    Serge Lutens Douce Amere
    Parfum d'Empire Aziyade
    MFK Lumiere Noire
    Etat Libre d'Orange Noel au Balcon
    Etat Libre d'Orange Delicious Closet Queen
    Guerlain Habit Rouge

There ain't no devil - that's just god when he's drunk