Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on Creed Himalaya?

I'm thinking about picking up a bottle. How does sillage and longevity hold up with everyone?

Default Re: Thoughts on Creed Himalaya?

Smells good, but not a very complex scent or I am blind to the subtleties. I like it, but it didn't blow my mind and the longevity for me is actually not great compared to other Creeds.

I get a good 8-9 hours with it, and projection is average. Smells great, especially the dry down.

Smells lovely, but I much prefer Silver Mountain Water for a scent with that kind of vibe. It also apparently has longevity issues, though I can't personally say that because I've never tried it.

To be perfectly honest, the first thing I thought of when smelling this was my high school locker room (back 4 or 5 years ago). All it ever smelled of in there was sweat and Axe body sprays. That's pretty much what I got from this (minus the sweat). I can see why some would like it, as it is definitely a better blended and higher quality Axe, but at the end of the day it's nothing special to me.

Sillage on me was decent, as well as the longevity.

It's very clean, fresh, cold and soapy. Good longevity at 8+ hours and big projection for the first 2 or so hours. Kinda boring, but very nice and modern. It's gentlemanly. Check out Paco Robane XS as Creed shamelessly ripped it off when it made Himalaya. Very similar.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I own it and like it but of the five Creeds I own I rate is as number five. Like someone else said it's not very complex and I don't reach for it very often. Longevity is about five hours and sillage is ok.

I like it very much.

Go ahead and get it, great sillage and longevity on me.
    A fresh, masculine fragrance that rates very high in my list.
    Similar to Paco XS????, not a chance.
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

I think it's preferable to SMW. I like how it just smells 'clean.' Like you just showered. Projection and longevity are above average for a Creed fragrance and it can be had on eBay for a song (and $120). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    Similar to Paco XS????, not a chance.
    No not similar. Identical.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

It is a good scent but not worth the money unless you get in on a split IMO...
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

The second niche fragrance I bought and I love it. I get great sillage and longevity - usually a good 8 to 10 hours.

It's a nice soapy scent. I also do not see any resemblance to Paco Rabanne XS at all. The closest designer frag to this is Burberry Brit, and even that one is noticeably different.

IMO, it's full bottle worthy.

I like it a lot and find it perfect for the office.
    To be honest sillage and longevity aren't the greatest on my skin, I need to reapply after a few hours.
    Still, I recommend it if you are going to be wearing it at work or similar environments: smells nice and will never offend anyone.

Basenotes Junkie

First off - I get between six and eight hours out of it, which in my book with my skin is damn good.

Secondly, it smells incredibly clean and inoffensive - which I really love. I've described it as whacking my head into a glacier on the top of a norwegian mountain, and I stick by that explanation. It's fresh, crisp, icy and just clean, which I LOVE.

Now - compared to Paco XS? Not really. I keep hearing how Creeds are similar to other designers here and there, but every time I do a comparison I can CLEARLY (I can't state it any stronger) detect why Creed costs more. They're always filled with more detail, more depth and a less synthetic vibe.

Sound Scents

Not particularly strong sillage, but longevity is pretty decent. The scent itself is very nice, however. One of my favorite Creeds (albeit that is not saying much, in my case).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Are ya'll confusing XS with Black XS? I know I'm the only one on crazy pills.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/184...Creed-Himalaya
    Last edited by mesaboogie; 10th October 2012 at 08:59 AM.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

A nice icy fresh anywhere and anytime fragrance.

Smells great, lasts long, but does not project off me. I wore 3 sprays yesterday and I could smell it at least 9 hours later, and so could my wife.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I tried some on today on my way home. I'm still debating what my thoughts are on this one. I just unloaded OS, so have some cash to spend.

This was my evening scent today and it surprised me with how much I liked it. It's one of those that doesn't hit one bad note but for some reason it doesn't have a wow factor with me. I don't regret buying it but my four ounce bottle will probably last me a lifetime.

It is clean and soapy and I would take Himalaya over SMW any given day. I can see the comparisons with Paco Rabanne XS and I think people who compare are right, however Himalaya is hands down greater than XS, they only have similarities in the fresh&soapy vibe.

Imo this one doesn't justify the price tag compared to other Creeds I like.

Lasts a very long time, but on me projection is about average. I don't dislike it at all, but to me it just didn't have that "special" vibe that I look for in a Creed.

But it's on my "revisit" list for next year.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Not sure if your wardrobe is complete if so u could use this versatile scent
    My current obsessions for now
    Oud Wood , Noir de Noir , DHI , Mugler Cologne , Bond No.9 Bleeker St. ,
    Ramone Monegal Agar Musk & Umbra , Chanel Coromondel ,

It is a very versatile scent. It does smell very nice. It does smell similar (very) to Paco XS (a little better tho).

However, for some reason, I don't reach for it (or my Paco XS) very often. Jack of all trades, master of none.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    It's very clean, fresh, cold and soapy. Good longevity at 8+ hours and big projection for the first 2 or so hours. Kinda boring, but very nice and modern. It's gentlemanly. Check out Paco Robane XS as Creed shamelessly ripped it off when it made Himalaya. Very similar.
    See, I get a "hint" of the clean & soapy part at times, but the pepper in it actually develops quite a bit on my skin, so I actually find it ends up being a much warmer (& a bit spicy) on me. The cold, soapy is underlying, but I find it more warm in the end. I get average projection & longevity from it, which in Creed terms is above average for a Creed. I don't dislike it, and actually find it develops & is more complex than most give it credit for....but, I would really like it if the pepper was toned down a lot. Because of that, I don't really like it enough to wear it & prefer other "soapy" scents.

I hate to sound snobby, but if it wasn't a Creed, I probably would not own it. It's good, but not that great. It smells good, but definitely not worth the $135 I paid for the 4 OZ bottle. I'm just a Creed freak so I had to have it. That said, it does smell good, just not great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    This was my evening scent today and it surprised me with how much I liked it. It's one of those that doesn't hit one bad note but for some reason it doesn't have a wow factor with me. I don't regret buying it but my four ounce bottle will probably last me a lifetime.
    This is true for me, too.

8 hour plus longevity for me. Perfect office scent.
    Last edited by Mr G; 11th October 2012 at 09:14 PM.

Try another Creed fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    It is a very versatile scent. It does smell very nice. It does smell similar (very) to Paco XS (a little better tho).

However, for some reason, I don't reach for it (or my Paco XS) very often. Jack of all trades, master of none.
    Sums it up for me also. Maybe because it's the perfect work fragrance and I don't want to smell like work.

Nice but to me was a bit disappointing if you wanna enjoy Creed which I basically love go for Aventus, GIT or Original Santal or Bois de Portugal which are less subtle but blockbusters on the opposite sex!

Banned
    Blog Entries

while himalaya isn't a mindblowingly good scent, it is certainly underappreciated.

simple, but classy and gentleman-like. imo, it's totally suit and tie for me

i'm gonna put out a haul thread soon, and i'll discuss this one in more detail.

Interesting to look back and see how my opinion has changed on this. I've harped on Himalaya in the past, so I'll keep it short. It's awesome and one of my favorites. Piney, fresh, lemony, icy goodness.

Has grown to be my favorite Creed. I feel a very comfortable clean, fresh and confident vibe when i wear it .. When i shower before bed its prob the only frag my wife doesnt say its to strong or why you putting on cologne your going to bed. She loves it and complements it as very calming and clean. Try the himalaya soap goes great together with the frag . it seems to give it a more creaminess. Love it!!

Not my fav creed. I prefer OS to it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

This one is very tricky. It smells very old-man (grandpa-like) on my skin. But it smells very good on my buddy. Risky blind buy, but you should try a sample if you can.

It's my SOTD today and it's very fresh, clean, and masculine. Projection is very strong for the first 2 hours and then sticks closer to the skin. I get at least 8 hours with it usually.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I LOVE the opening when the burst of icy freshness hits. One of my favorite smells of any cologne. Unfortunately for me the drydown is pretty much soap. I had a sample a while back that wasn't soapy which encouraged me to buy the bottle. Never been much of a believer in batch variation. How soapy is the dry down on your guys' himalayas?

Opening is snowy and fantastic, but after that old man smell cones out

- - - Updated - - -

Opening is snowy and fantastic, but after that old man smell cones out

Test well my friend! The opening is really nice - cold, icy, kind of sharp and clean. But the eventual dry down of the scent reveals an old fashioned floral that doesn't smell that good imo. Himalaya sells based on image and the top notes, but the entire fragrance is not that special.

Not a fan. Drydown comes off as a dirty comb or of unwashed hair. It's just a dirty/waxy smell that I don't enjoy at all.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Not a fan. Drydown comes off as a dirty comb or of unwashed hair. It's just a dirty/waxy smell that I don't enjoy at all.
    I can see where you get that vibe. I wonder what it is that gives it that smell? Is it the musk mixed with sandalwood? Anyways, I only seem to get that vibe when I apply more than three full sprays. Otherwise, I get a very clean and soapy scent.