Code of Conduct

Default Picking the right bottle of Jaipur Homme

Hi,

I'm trying to purchase Boucheron Jaipur Homme here in India, but only a few online retailers have it. I wanted your opinions if these are likely to be fake:

http://stylecube.in/6-boucheron-perf...pur-homme.html has some wrong info, comes to about $70.

http://www.buytheprice.com/shop-onli...e-100ml__24638, one misspell.

I'll accordingly pick one!

Also, is this risky as a blind buy? I've no way of trying it out. To give you a baseline, my other frags are YSL Kouros, Polo Original, VC&A Pour Arpels Homme, Grey Flannel and Quorum.

Thank you!

Default Re: Picking the right bottle of Jaipur Homme

They both look legit to my eyes.

If you can try Guerlain's Shalimar you will have a good idea of what jaipur smells like, the big difference is that Jaipur has a lovely dose of cinnamon at the top but their basenotes are very similar in that they both have a powdery/vanilla smell.

It`s quite different in style than the fragrances you mention, but it`s a absolutely stunning oriental fragrance for men. One of the best. Go for the EDP!

The bottles on the pictures looks fine. I bought mine from www.fragrancex.com, and that one had frosted glass with clear glass in the middle.

Thanks, hednic, chopwet and Oslo-Fjord!

@Oslo-Fjord - fragrancex.com seems to be a great site, too bad I can't find an EDP version there.

Guess I'll keep looking out, or pick one up from those two links!

Quote Originally Posted by dnivra View Post
    Thanks, hednic, chopwet and Oslo-Fjord!

@Oslo-Fjord - fragrancex.com seems to be a great site, too bad I can't find an EDP version there.

Guess I'll keep looking out, or pick one up from those two links!
    Yes, they have the EDP.

Both pictures are identical, one is just a little more blured.
    => look at the bubbles in the tube => identical position!

That bottle doesn't look right to me. I have the current bottle (bought from Marionnaud) and is frosted glass with clear glass in the middle; also, on my bottle, under Boucheron it's written Paris, which the bottles on the links don't have.

This is how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    That bottle doesn't look right to me. I have the current bottle (bought from Marionnaud) and is frosted glass with clear glass in the middle; also, on my bottle, under Boucheron it's written Paris, which the bottles on the links don't have.

This is how it looks.
    Thats how my new bottle looks like. I think this is the new style bottle.

Basenotes Plus

That bottle doesn't look right to me. I have the current bottle (bought from Marionnaud) and is frosted glass with clear glass in the middle; also, on my bottle, under Boucheron it's written Paris, which the bottles on the links don't have
    Most likely, they are using a stock photo, and probably an old one.

@frankfurter - Good catch, identical bubble positions!

@Oslo-Fjord and PalmBeach - It's possible that these lesser known online Indian retailers are selling off old stock as well, good that I got to know from you guys. The bottle of Polo I picked up online was old as well, barely lasts for an hour!
    Good that fragnancex has free worldwide shipping on orders of $69 or more! I'll order from there, get the same bottle as you guys.

@frankfurter - Good catch, identical bubble positions!

@Oslo-Fjord and PalmBeach - It's possible that these lesser known online Indian retailers are selling off old stock as well, good that I got to know from you guys. The bottle of Polo I picked up online was old as well, barely lasts for an hour!
    Good that fragnancex has free worldwide shipping on orders of $69 or more! I'll order from there, get the same bottle as you guys.
    I have never had any problems with FragranceX.

I hope you're right about Fragrancex! I just placed an order for the EDP http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

10-12 working days, so I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for your help!

Well, StyleCube's Photo - Looks Authentic.
    Old perfumes, should have no problem lasting (like your polo) unless of course these have been exposed to lots of light - otherwise i might just call it fake, usually from Dubai, its called Dubai AA Grade - looks ditto - but doesn't last, i've got canned many times.

The frosted bottle as in the picture is the older-version, the newer ones come in clear bottle (style cube picture) How do i know? because I am on to my third bottle now, which is a refillable clear bottle - i bought this from Nordstrom in New York.

I wrote to Boucheron about it and they confirm that they have switched manufacturers/licensees hence the change in bottle - a side by side comparison between the new and old bottle, there were no differences in smell and was/is identical.

So in Short - Older Bottle (Frosted Sides)
    Newer Bottle (All Clear)

If you rather walk in to a shop in India - i would suggest you visit Parcos ( i remember seeing Jaipur EDP there ) - though i must tell you, so far i havent seen a fake jaipur, owing to the fact that it is very much still under the radar fragrance to be faked but then again i could be wrong!

If you are an indian or have exotic indian sensibilities - then Jaipur, can be your ultimate scent - its slightly-sweet whilst simultaneously being spicy and robust without getting cloying, i agree with the rest that the Eau de Parfum version is the best!

If you like similar fragrances, i would suggest

1.Roadster by Cartier (the heart beats around jaipur a lot ) and smells a bit like jaipur at the drydown as well but still no comparison to Jaipur Eau de Parfum, though theres a nice minty opening to it.

2.Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens - Your next step after a few bottles of Jaipur, rich and sophisticated.

3.Rocabar by Hermes - Got to Love this, if you love Jaipur then you got to have this too!
    Last edited by benzganesh; 19th October 2012 at 12:36 AM.

Did you buy one then? Are frosted bottles new stock or the old ones? I suspect its the former!

hey bgoc,

yes i did. i got the semi frosted one like luca posted. I think they're current stock since the same type of bottle is on the boucheron shape.

and yes, its brilliant, long lasting and just perfect.

hey bgoc,

yes i did. i got the semi frosted one like luca posted. I think they're current stock since the same type of bottle is on the boucheron shape.

and yes, its brilliant, long lasting and just perfect.

Thanks for the reply. Would you be able to share the barcode and batch number with me?

Cheers

This is how it looks.
    I bought a bottle of this on Ebay. It looks the same except the color. Your picture looks like the color of the juice is light beige. The color of mine is dark yellow or gold This makes me wonder if there aren't some counterfeits going around. Also, the lid on my bottle is very tight and takes some effort to pull off whereas the Jaipur Fraicheur that I bought has a lid that fits snug but not overly tight.