Code of Conduct

Default CK One: Please recommend an analogous fragrance.

There is something about this fragrance that really draws me in, yet I have several issues with it: 1) the longevity is terrible; I need to reapply every two hours; 2) the musk (or leather) note is of low quality (and described as the “ass-leather” found in cheap aquatics); 3) this fragrance is great on paper and turns into mush on my skin.

I really enjoy the opening; the bright citrus, green notes, tea and leather are in harmony, while the floral notes are neither shrill nor sweet. I love green and leather notes. I understand green represents vegetation, leaves, cut grass, and even some florals (lily of the valley). Leather notes can be buttery suede or a well-worn, smoky jacket (no icky musk, please).

I have plans to try Cuir de Russie and Bel Respiro (Les Exclusifs de Chanel). Any other suggestions?

Banned

Default Re: CK One: Please recommend an analogous fragrance.

Bulgari Eau Perfumee Au The Vert.

Creed Royal Water

Azzaro Chrome
    aBr
    thefraglife.blogspot.com

Micallef Steel Water

Agua de Loewe

- - - Updated - - -

Agua de Loewe

Thank you for the suggestions!

The fragrance doesn’t need to smell exactly like CK one; I’m just very fond of the note combination: green, leather, citrus, floral.

Bulgari Eau Fraiche
    CK One Summer
    Ralph Rocks
    CK In2U
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Try Silver by Al Rehad for a cheapie. They do an EDP spray which is layer with the oil. It costs pennies, smells pretty good, and lasts days.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardUK View Post
    Try Silver by Al Rehad for a cheapie. They do an EDP spray which is layer with the oil. It costs pennies, smells pretty good, and lasts days.
    Excellent suggestion! Silver is very good, although I didn't compare it to Creed SMW yet. The best part is that Silver doesn't turn into mush on my skin.

I have this same problem with the modern CK scents (whether newer releases or reformulations of older ones) except for a couple, the two Obsessions being stand-outs. It's a shame!

By no means do I think CK are at the top of the game, but they do have a decent library of inexpensive, fun fragrances which are supremely easy to wear and widely available. They seem very friendly to those with issues tolerating fragrance as well, but this could be because they're little more than scented water.

The masculine IN2U, which I hated at first, has this ultra-fun 'soda pop,' note that makes me smile, for example. Be is one of those pleasant-yet-unremarkable fragrances that can't offend anyone and can be worn anytime, anywhere. One has some wonderful, bright citrus in the opening. I also rather like Obsession Night, Eternity and Eternity Moment, Euphoria, and a few others that don't spring to mind so readily.

Some of these fragrances are a joke, though. Be is perhaps the worst, and worse than some drug store EDCs I've had (that cost 10-15 dollars for half a liter) for its abysmal longevity. Maybe the most fleeting fragrance I've ever come across. It's downright criminal at almost any price.

Are they trying to appeal to the sort of people who want to own perfume, but not smell perfumed? The ultra self-concious who fear offending anyone? Is this a reaction to the way some places in the US have banned fragrances? Can they not make an EDP version or something for those of us who actually like how these things smell?

Banned

Try Agua de Loewe by Loewe.

Good questions. CK One is safe for the work place (in my case) because it is so mild and generic. It even feels like a safety blanket; sanitized nostalgia in a bottle.

L'eau D' Issey Miyake - I also CK One, and though it does smell nice, it's longevity is terrible. So I bought Issey, which is somewhat similar as a clean nice scent, and it lasts up to 8 hours on me!

By the way, I just noticed the OP is a female. So I can't really recommend any alternative fragrance for women.

a ck One fake!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

Quote Originally Posted by gmstrack View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions!

The fragrance doesn’t need to smell exactly like CK one; I’m just very fond of the note combination: green, leather, citrus, floral.
    Try Coriolan, though you'll get some spice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Try Coriolan, though you'll get some spice too.
    The spice sounds interesting; I definitely want to try it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    a ck One fake!
    Probably a realistic option...

Green leather citrus floral is a tough one for me. I can't help but think of Je Suis Un Homme by Etat Libre d'Orange, and Silences by Jacomo.

Not a fan of CK One at all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Micallef Steel Water
    +1....

I just remembered that Penhaligon's Quercus smelled almost exactly like CK One to me. Or at least the shower gel did, when i tried it. Maybe you'd like it.