Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: L’Occitane Immortelle de Corse

From nstperfume.com:

L’Occitane has launched Immortelle de Corse, a new addition to the Voyage en Méditerrannée range.

The Immortelle Eau de Parfum is a vibrant tribute to Immortelle flowers, the golden suns that light up the Corsican landscape. Perfect for an aromatic Mediterranean voyage at any time of the year!

The notes feature immortelle, rose, black tea, benzoin, iris and musk.

L’Occitane Immortelle de Corse is available in 75 ml Eau de Parfum, $68.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: L’Occitane Immortelle de Corse

I was in a local L’Occitane shop yesterday and figured I'd give a whiff. I was told they sold out. Honestly, I'm not even sure she knew what I was talking about!

Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    ...The Immortelle Eau de Parfum is a vibrant tribute to Immortelle flowers, the golden suns that light up the Corsican landscape. Perfect for an aromatic Mediterranean voyage at any time of the year! The notes feature immortelle, rose, black tea, benzoin, iris and musk...
    I love the Immortelle flower note: Sables, Tilda Swinton Like This,1740 Marquis de Sade. Matching it with the rose, benzoin and iris sounds like a great idea. Thanks for sharing the news, Joe.

Sounds very interesting. Thanx JC!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

This could be really quite nice! L'Occitane often have some intriguing scents on offer that depart from the typical department-store fare, even though none have grabbed me enough for purchase.

Thanks JC for sharing the news. It looks like an interesting alternative to Eau Noire and Fougère Bengale.

I tried this one yesterday at the store, but only on paper. The initial impression was of a funny, nearly edible gourmand. A big honey, caramel (but non-roasted) note, a strong, non-fruity type of sweetness that to me seems closer in style, if not in smell, to hyperrealistic scents a la Jeux de Peau than to the dark interpretations of immortelle like Eau Noire or Sables. Over time, this honey-ness seems to subside. Smelling the strip today, I get much less of the sweets, the dry tobacco note is clearer, together with a touch of roasted caramel, and the fragrance has become completely inedible.

I was a little turned off at first, expecting something darker. But honey gourmands a la Acqua di Cuba and JdP can be fun too. Clearly, I have to try it on skin to check the evolution.

cacio

I really dislike immortelle - 1740, Eau Noire, even that hint of it in Cuir Beluga - sadly these are just rendered unwearable for me, so I approached this one with caution.

I tried it on paper and was really pleasantly surprised. It strikes me as a warm. moisture laden Mediterranean breeze kind of thing, if that makes any sense. My immediate impression was that this is how I imagine the new Sisley Eau d'Ikar to be like (not having tried it yet) - soft citrus in the opening with a touch of something sweet and slightly resinous holding it up. I will definitely give Immortelle de Corse another couple of shots - given l'Occitane's eminently sensible pricing it's a no brainer to just buy it, really. It feels great - balanced, friendly and not overly sweet at all.

P.S. Bought it. Love it. Good stuff.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 4th November 2011 at 08:21 AM.

I have quite a few L'Occitane fragrances, they do some good stuff that is always worth checking out. And I will definitely be checking this one out.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

As mentioned several times here, do not make any judgements about Immortelle de Corse upon first sniff. This scent seems to mature after 30 minutes or so into a boozy, honey laden wonder. Today was the third time I tested it on skin and walked out with a bottle. I throughly enjoy the latter leather/tobacco notes that surface in the dry down.

Thanks petruccijc. It was your post that got me back into L'Occitane to check this out one more time.
    - Expect the unexpected

Sur la Plage

I am wearing this today and it is very, very good. The immortelle (one of my favorite notes) blends quite nicely with the iris and tobacco.

L'Occitane has created many great fragrances over the years - and I would add this one to the list. I wish some other companies could do half a good a job as they do.

Basenotes Institution

I really want to smell this, it's getting lot's of good praise all around the perfume blog world.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I tested this yesterday.. it does smell nice.. but like most of the other Occitanes - it doesn't last long. You would an edp would last at least a little while. On me, it was gone within an hour. It's a shame as it's one that I could really enjoy.

I think the old Occitane frag with lasting power is Eau des Baux.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by djron91 View Post
    I tested this yesterday.. it does smell nice.. but like most of the other Occitanes - it doesn't last long. You would an edp would last at least a little while. On me, it was gone within an hour. It's a shame as it's one that I could really enjoy.

I think the old Occitane frag with lasting power is Eau des Baux.

I applied it this morning before work, and couild smell it all day - and still do now, 12+ hours later.

Received this last night and in my excitement got a good dollop of perfume on my wrist where a smidgin was intended.

Nose to wrist in classic over eager fashion, a blast of tobacco and black tea greeted the nostrils followed a few minutes later by a floral smell that reminded me of the back section of a crafts warehouse where the dried flower arrangements are kept. That was quickly followed by the very authentic smell of honey.

On my wrist, these notes jostled for dominance for about a half hour and then started playing nicely together - creating a warm honeyed tobacco accompanied by a less prominent immortelle flower scent. After three hours eveything had melded into an intriguing and pleasant accord with iris adding a bit of mystery and allure.

I really enjoyed this initial encounter with Immortelle de Corse, though on me it took hours to develop. IMO one of the more interesting of the L'Occitane offerings. Seems to be quite long lasting - this morning though a skin scent it was still really nice.

P.S. Why doesn't L'Occitane U.S.A. website offer the other Voyage En Meditteranee scents?
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

I am testing Immortelle de corse vis-a-vis (or better main-a-main, as it is one per hand) with Sable, which I just saw and bought this afternoon. Sables is definitely richer, darker, with more of the burnt note, and it opens with a delicious almost liqorice smell.
    L'occitane is lighter in feel and sweeter, with a strong honey note that pushes it into more gourmand territory. I very much prefer the Goutal, but the Occitane is very good too, and it costs half the price ($60 vs 120)

cacio

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    Received this last night and in my excitement got a good dollop of perfume on my wrist where a smidgin was intended.

Nose to wrist in classic over eager fashion, a blast of tobacco and black tea greeted the nostrils followed a few minutes later by a floral smell that reminded me of the back section of a crafts warehouse where the dried flower arrangements are kept. That was quickly followed by the very authentic smell of honey.

On my wrist, these notes jostled for dominance for about a half hour and then started playing nicely together - creating a warm honeyed tobacco accompanied by a less prominent immortelle flower scent. After three hours eveything had melded into an intriguing and pleasant accord with iris adding a bit of mystery and allure.

I really enjoyed this initial encounter with Immortelle de Corse, though on me it took hours to develop. IMO one of the more interesting of the L'Occitane offerings. Seems to be quite long lasting - this morning though a skin scent it was still really nice.

P.S. Why doesn't L'Occitane U.S.A. website offer the other Voyage En Meditteranee scents?

I thought I read something about the Voyage En Meditteranee scents being discontinued......

Quite a special gem for such a reasonable price. The tobacco note comes very late but for the whole ride, overall the scent feels like bathing in warm soothing chrysanthemum tea with honey.

This sounds fantastic, and I think I have a coupon or promotion of some sort in my pile of mail.

I thought I read something about the Voyage En Meditteranee scents being discontinued......
    Yes, I also heard this. All of them except the Cedar.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Anyone know where I can get a sample of this online?

I demoed this today, and I must say, I absolutely hated it. Smelled like someone spilled a Febreze/Glade Vanilla plug in on my hand. Atrocious.

Eau De Beux and Cedar on the other hand, superb. Neroli was also excellent along with Verbena.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I demoed this today, and I must say, I absolutely hated it. Smelled like someone spilled a Febreze/Glade Vanilla plug in on my hand. Atrocious.
    Was thinking of getting this for my daughter. Unsure now.

This was disappointing, very sweet, like a cross between Lolita Lempicka and Lolita Lempicka L. Not good.
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

I liked it in spite of myself...though it took several hours and a couple of days of trying to achieve that state.

Very curious to try this indeed! I do agree that L'Occitane has not released any disappointments, I'm most recently getting back into their fragrances.

I like it - bought a back-up just in case it really is a Ltd. Edition. This one has more creativity and development going on than a lot of stuff being pumped out at 3 or 4 times the price IMO.

I wish l'Occitane would carry their full line out here - consistent quality and realistic pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I like it - bought a back-up just in case it really is a Ltd. Edition. This one has more creativity and development going on than a lot of stuff being pumped out at 3 or 4 times the price IMO.

I wish l'Occitane would carry their full line out here - consistent quality and realistic pricing.
    The Labdanum is also very good, and is going away. Very sad. I liked their Notre Flore line and Voyages en Mediterranee.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Was this limited? Everytime I stop into the L'Occitane store, they tell me they had a few, sold them and that it was limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Was this limited? Everytime I stop into the L'Occitane store, they tell me they had a few, sold them and that it was limited.
    I was also told they were limited. Some stock is sold out at some locations. In my area, all the EDPs were moved to a larger retail store.

Basenotes Institution

This is nowhere in South Florida - all of the bottles were sent to the store in Orlando. Strangely, you cannot buy the bottles on the L'Occitane website either, but I see them for sale on Amazon. WTH?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I love some of their products but I can never figure out what this company is trying to do. If you like it, buy it however you can because they'll probably discontinue it in about 15 minutes.

I REALLY want to try this. I'm quite a fan of immortelle.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Actually this frag is a creation of Claire Chambert , french perfumer who won first place for this creation in 2010 in France annual
    perfume contest. personally i had my doubts but i have to say that i love it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by damon View Post
    Actually this frag is a creation of Claire Chambert , french perfumer who won first place for this creation in 2010 in France annual
    perfume contest. personally i had my doubts but i have to say that i love it.
    The SA, on Saturday, told me something like this when I asked about it in the store. I almost didn't believe her.

So, from what you're saying, it sounds like the scent was released in Europe (or France) last year, before it was released here this year in the US? I don't remember hearing anything about it (many EU only releases get a press release on the fragrance blogs?). What is the 'annual perfume contest' called?

-- Eckhart Tolle

Could it be an annual contest organized/sponsored by the Société Française des Parfumeurs?

This article suggests that is the case.

And this one gives more details concerning the contest in 2008.

I really like this one

Basenotes Institution

Thank you for posting that Fhaoilgeal

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    Could it be an annual contest organized/sponsored by the Société Française des Parfumeurs?

This article suggests that is the case.

And this one gives more details concerning the contest in 2008.
    Yes, this is the contest. it wasnt released in europe last year but just recently because it was not supposed to be distributed
    commercially as it was a project to the perfume contest, but Loccitane people were so impressed with it that they decided to distribute it commercially under their flag. yesterday i wore it for the second time and i am totally in love with it. The amount of compliments i got yesterday was more than i got in my all 30 years of using colognes. for me it is like a mixture of SABLES and
    Fumerie Turque.

I sniffed this when I was out looking for Eau des Bavx and I sprayed on Labdanum and Immortelle de Corse and kept on shopping but it didn't take me long to swing back by and pick up both of them.

At first spray I was thinking " bleck kind of like Maple syrup pancakes just spilled on my arm " but then it calmed down and really was nice in about 20 minutes for me. Labdanum I liked right away but it didn't seem to evolve much for me. Still the spicey vanilla and amber makes a nice little cloud of warmth.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thank you for posting that Fhaoilgeal
    De nada, Mike.

Happened to wind up at the L'Occitane store in Northpark Mall, Dallas looking for Xmas presents...mostly shea butter samplers for female friends who love that sort of thing.

They had all the Voyage En Meditteranee scents on sale there, sort of blew my mind since their USA website doesn't list any. Not sure the point of that, except maybe to drive customers to brick and mortar.

They also had a testor of the Cedar eau de parfum which I really liked, but they didn't have any for sale. Sigh. It was something I would have bought on the spot. (Just checked their USA website and it's available there!)

While I love their products, their marketing is really beginning to bug me!

Basenotes Institution

I just bought a mini from Ebay, to see what all the fuss is about.

-- Eckhart Tolle

I tried this on paper today. One of the cleanest versions of immortelle I've smelled, almost like a light sugary liquorice with florals which gives it a strange hint of suburban, confectionary banality.. but attractive never the less. Worth several tests before a purchase I Reckon.

I can still smell this vey strongly on the smelling strip after a week or two. Incredible longevity!

I am wearing this today and it is very, very good. The immortelle (one of my favorite notes) blends quite nicely with the iris and tobacco.

L'Occitane has created many great fragrances over the years - and I would add this one to the list. I wish some other companies could do half a good a job as they do.
    How prominent is the tobacco?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    How prominent is the tobacco?

Not much. It a sweet, liquoricey, floral, clean smelling scent. It reminds me of childhood sweets and other sugary confections.

Tried the local L'Occitane shops last week. Was told that the Dubai shops had the exclusive right to Immortelle de Corse in the Gulf region until after the new year. Whether this is true or not I don't know. Will check the shops again next month.

Smelled this recently in the boutique and thought it smelled nice. So now I need to decide whether to buy this or Mon Parfum Cheri for my daughter as a gift, or I could just buy her both and eliminate the dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Smelled this recently in the boutique and thought it smelled nice. So now I need to decide whether to buy this or Mon Parfum Cheri for my daughter as a gift, or I could just buy her both and eliminate the dilemma.
    Mon Parfum Cheri? Good grief.

I got to try this on my arm yesterday. The whole time I'm sniffing it I'm thinking it reminds me of another frag. Couldn't figure out which it was though but I was sure I smelled something very much like it. After about 4 hours it finally hit me.... Gaultier 2!

While it's not identical it definitely has a 'sweet buttercream' thing going on, I can even see the maple syrup someone else was saying. More natural than the synthetic Gaultier, smoother than it, too, with more of a floral aspect to. Which G2 doesn't have at all just being totally candy sweet. Just as feminine leaning of the unisex as the G2 is in my mind as well.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

This is easily the most long-lasting fragrance I've come across lately. At least 48 hours... and through a shower. Can smell it on my coat sleeve a week later. Incredible.

Basenotes Institution

Long story short: My mini that I bought in early December never made it to me from the Seller (that's the LAST transaction I do with a foreign Seller on eBay) so I still have not smelled this one.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basically it was one of the most interesting new releases in 2011, but to me it was also fairly disapointing in the end. The scent is quite nice, but also very unconsistent. It's not a masterpiece. Not even close. It's sort of thin and all of a sudden thrown in together like. It has that "young, unexperienced and over-optimistic perfumer" feel written all over it.

Top notes are all about honeyed dried fruits, polished immortelle and very unbalanced iris. From there it dries down soon to this long lasting base of overly sweet benzoin with subtle hints of honey tobacco and a touch of bitter almond.

I admit I wanted to like it more especially considering the lovely concept behind the perfume itself. Claire Chambert is a lovely young woman.

For the people who enjoy perfumes such as Aziyade (PdE) and El Attarine (SL) this could well be a satisfactional.

I will have to give this a try - generally have liked the L'Occitane fragrances I've tried (quality and price) and have really liked Immortalle in my brief experiences with it (Divine L'Etre Aime)

I have seen Immortelle de Corse on sale ($54 rather than $68) at all l'occitane stores. I wonder whether this means that it was just a one year thing that they're not going to carry anymore. (which prompted me to buy - not the best immortelle around, but ok).

cacio

Tried Cedre and Iris of the Voyage line... and something else I don't remember. I have mixed impressions.
    They start interesting, and fade away in half an hour to some ordinary base notes.

Will try out the Immortelle when I have a chance to see it.

Regards, Odor.

Basenotes Institution

Smelled this FINALLY today. I love it. I can't wait for cooler weather to arrive so I can snuggle up in this one again.

Does anyone else smell associations to Bois d'Armenie by L'Occitane?

Also, I see it's on sale on the L'Occitane website again, I guess they decided to restock it? http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Immortel...p32EP075IM.htm

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Very interesting - thank you. Really appreciate a lot of your posts, reviews and comments here on Basenotes!

I, personally, like immortelle as a note and like the direction L'Occitane seems to have taken with this (along with a lot of their other new EDP that feature Provencal/Mediterranean releases). Iris and tobacco are two more of my favorite notes and would blend beautifully with immortelle! I am going to probably get a bottle for the spring!

Some of the other bottles in the collection are simply wonderful and transcendent - and also, since some are singular (Labdanum being one of my favorites for its purity) you can "blend" them by layering with other scents. I love amber scents and that bottle is fantastic! I just bought my wife the bottling of Amber EDT, which just came back into stock. She absolutely loves the richness of Yves Rocher's Voile D'Ambre and it is simply divine on her Mediterranean, olive skin!

I couldn't agree more with you - L'Occitane has fully come into their own with their fragrances. I have some of their older "medicinal" bottles of male fragrance that I love as well - Eau de Baux, Vetyver and L'Occitan EDT. No particular order as they are all excellent. After shave balms are top-shelf and the shower gels are incredible (including Cade)! I don't work for or represent L'Occitane in any way, but it is great to see them getting recognition they deserve.

Cheers to you!

Last edited by ericrico; 5th March 2012 at 05:36 PM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Hmm, I want to try this one out, but the last two times I have been to the L'Occitane boutique they haven't had this fragrance.