Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOTD Wednesday 10 October 2012

Good morning. First to arrive again?

SOTD is Mata Hari by DSH Perfumes.

Have a great day!

Do happy

Default Re: SOTD Wednesday 10 October 2012

Good morning ladymurasaki. It is brrrrrrr here today. Hard frost. Much more like winter than autumn.

The eponymous Jean-Louis Scherrer today, from mumsy's collection. I like it a great deal.

Take care all.

Good Morning,

Bright, clear day here in London. Not especially warm, however.

Musc Ravageur for me.

Happy Hump-Day, gang.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Good Morning Basenotes family. today I am wearing Tom Fords' Tobacco Vanille

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Wearing Guerlain Chamade this morning.

Have a great day!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning folks !. ADP Mirto di Panarea.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Good Morning Basenotes family. today I am wearing Tom Fords' Tobacco Vanille
    No way!! You are never going to believe this. I have just been over at your page about this! This very minute. These weird things happen on Basenotes sometimes. Cooo....wull!

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Serge Lutens Boxeuses, smooth, rich, dark -- Serge at his most Lutensian. If Chanel Cuir de Russie and Feminite du Bois had a love child, it would smell like this.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sticking with Jicky Extrait (from last night) for SotD. Have a nice day all!

Bonjour Mesdames!

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Wednesday 10 October 2012

ROUTE
    DU
    VETIVER
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Knize Ten.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Globe by Rochas

Have been busy in the last two days: that school DOES get it all from you, especially when one is a perfectionista and can't stand to be anything but first in class competing with younger, smarter, more alert bunch whose memory storages are not bruised with too much information about houses, noses, notes.

All well, something subdued (yes, for school!): Miller et Bertaux Close Your Eyes And... A girl can dream, even when it is below zero C, non?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning! A rainy day; I drove my daughter to school and will go over to Mom's later on to watch Wuthering Heights (which she's seen time and again.)

It has gotten colder fast, and my mind hasn't made the switch yet to cool weather fragrances. I'll pick out my SotD later but I think it may be White Lilac & Rhubarb.

Hello everyone -

I'm in Keiko Mecheri's Attar de Roses for ballet this morning. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I'm twins with Larlmar in Jicky this morning. Mine is the last of a decant of edp. This really is perfection, isn't it?

30 Roses, I just watched Wuthering Heights recently for the three thousandth time...but a new to me BBC production with Tom Hardy as Heathcliff...swoon. I am a Bronte addict.

Love to everybody. Happy Wednesday!

Hello all. Habanita edt.
    DONNA

I'm just back from a very, very long stay in Paris for Fashion Week and beyond. Typically, I *never* fly in and out of CDG but this time all the travel arrangements were made independent of personal input. (I have an *A'dam Schipol Only* Euro-zone policy) I hadn't been to CDG in at least 10 years. The international departures terminal: Are you ready people?

LE PARADIS DES PARFUMEURS

It truly was a Perfume Fancier's Dream Made Reality, complete with fake neo-modern Louis XVI airport furniture, and an enormous Laduree tea room smack in the middle, like a carousel. I snooped around a bit: There just isn't anything that can't be found in there, in one place or another--No anything you might ever desire that isn't there waiting--(I didn't go into the Guerlain Boutique--I'm fully stocked for the rest of my life w/pre-wasser vintage & have zero interest.) At any rate, I wish I could say dealing with the MESS of CDG was worth it. It would be nice if I could say that....but I'm just incapable. I'll take A'dam Schipol *any day* over that Hell on Earth--even if it does, in it's nucleus, contain a Perfume Paradise.

I'm the most boring scent of the day contributor ever, as I don't "sleep around" with scents, being a firm believer in signature effluvia. We all know what cloud I'll be walking out the door in today......Three layers of:

Bal a Versailles

This seems to be having quite the effect in my new environment, which, btw, I love. It *Must* be a bit weird for all of the team, though--as they're all tech-advanced and younger than I by at least 10 years: nobody there wears fragrance *at all*--they all must consider me a kind of "visite" from another century: Already they have all made comments about my hats and gloves and pens and all of the things that accompany me--I imagine my scent aura reminds them of their Fragile 100 Year Old Great Aunts...not even their mothers, who would have worn "Babe," or "Charlie" or "Ciara" or something along those lines.

addendum: Habanita wearer upstairs: Yeeowza!
    Last edited by le mouchoir de monsieur; 10th October 2012 at 01:18 PM.
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

Good morning! A Lab on Fire What We Do In Paris is Secret for me today. Thought I would celebrate the "cooler" weather in Florida. It's like 77 degrees instead of 85 this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm twins with Larlmar in Jicky this morning. Mine is the last of a decant of edp. This really is perfection, isn't it?

30 Roses, I just watched Wuthering Heights recently for the three thousandth time...but a new to me BBC production with Tom Hardy as Heathcliff...swoon. I am a Bronte addict.

Love to everybody. Happy Wednesday!
    Don't you image Heathcliff smelling of hay and an hint of Tabac Blond....punctuated with an heady but ultra yummy natural sweat note?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tiffany for Men today. C'mon cooler weather! Where are you?
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Bleu de Chanel again today

I felt like a little coffee this morning so today I'm wearing L'Or de Torrente by Torrente.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    The eponymous Jean-Louis Scherrer today, from mumsy's collection. I like it a great deal.
    I saw "Jean-Louis Scherrer" in your post and right there decided I would do the same -- copy-catting Foustie. Meow.

My skin does nothing but twist JLS unpleasantly, so I took a blast to the t-shirt chest.

Twolf, how could you be anything but top of the class????????????
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    Don't you image Heathcliff smelling of hay and an hint of Tabac Blond....punctuated with an heady but ultra yummy natural sweat note?
    Welcome home!!

We missed you! I definitely can see the hay, and heather, and horse sweat, and dried manure/peat, and fresh air, and a yummy natural musky scent under it all. Tom Hardy's Heathcliff was swoony as hell.

CDG perfume paradise sounds perfectly heavenly to me. I would love that. What about all the food shops and other shops where you could load up on mustard and tins of patÚ and french soaps and all kinds of things - they didn't do away with those, did they? I think the last of this decant of Jicky must have been pre-Wasser.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Lilybelle, thanks for the tip! I will have to try to get that one from the library...if our own library doesn't have it, one of the others in the system should. I'm pretty sure the one she has is the one with Timothy Dalton.

I'm wearing a sample of Sublime Vanille and off to Mom's....

I'm with lilybelle, Welcome Back! I can definitely "see" Heathcliff with a bit of Tabac Blond, I may have to dig my bit of TB out later on and have a Heathcliff dream. For now I'm wearing Habanita, I need something warm today, it's a chilly wet one out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Lilybelle, thanks for the tip! I will have to try to get that one from the library...if our own library doesn't have it, one of the others in the system should. I'm pretty sure the one she has is the one with Timothy Dalton.
    I think it is my favorite version to date, the 2009 BBC production. Enjoy! I watched it on youtube (I think? can't remember!).

You know me--Food....Not interested.

However: Habanita.......

Good afternoon. Farnesiana for this foggy, not cool enough day in Milan.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Foustie, you smell divine! I love that fragrance. I smelled it from Mumsy's bottle as well when she sent over a round of vintage greens a couple of years ago.'

I have Dior's Eau Noir from the Collection on one wrist and could not resist slapping some Mitza on the other wrist. Funny how it is. I liked Eau Noir on paper more, but on my skin -- Mitza, where have you been all my life??

Off to a round of morning meetings and will be back in the afternoon.

You know me--Food....Not interested.

However: Habanita.......
    Well, everyone has to eat sometime, dear, even you. Your consolation is that there is never a time for non-Habanita -whatever that means, maybe I am raving.

Basenotes Institution

From my new bottle that I picked up at the BN Meetup in Las Vegas, at Barney's...

Anima Dulcis by Arquiste

Super busy but I will talk more later ((bear hugs))
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

As I am healing from surgery, and starting a brand new venture with my life, much is happening. So, today I decided I needed a scent to ground me, root me in the here and now. I choose: hmmm. What do I choose?

Shalimar. Comfort and possibilities all in one. Vintage extract. Yes. Perfect.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Bois des Iles.

KarmaLee, you smell wonderful - all the best for a speedy recovery.

SOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Have been busy in the last two days: that school DOES get it all from you, especially when one is a perfectionista and can't stand to be anything but first in class competing with younger, smarter, more alert bunch whose memory storages are not bruised with too much information about houses, noses, notes.

All well, something subdued (yes, for school!): Miller et Bertaux Close Your Eyes And... A girl can dream, even when it is below zero C, non?
    Oh, Twolf, I am in the very same boat as you are, the very same. I does take so much out of you, especially when trying to get the best grades one can. I am not ----teen either, and it hurts! And the textbooks...I swear, each year they get bigger and heavier, the print tinier, and prices...well, pricier. I can't wait to get my degree and be done with it. When semester is in session my waistline gets wider, my house turns into a pigsty, and my brains into mush. I wish you with all my heart to get through your school successfully!

Something not too distracting this afternoon - Intuition by Estee Lauder

Jon, lovely pic - and you know how I feel about your fragrance
    I'm again in Different Company Bois d'Iris for a chilly morning but warm afternoon. Beautiful fall weather for another day of the International Ballon Fiesta here in Albuquerque!

Albuquerque%2BInternational.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cello; 10th October 2012 at 05:09 PM.

Good afternoon, good smelling persons. Peach body lotion and the Jardin sur la Toit today, these go together well.
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 10th October 2012 at 05:17 PM.

Wearing L'Anarchiste.

Basenotes Plus

Glad to see you back Karma Lee! Hope you feel better soon!

Switching to Lulu Guinness Cast A Spell. Notes include blackberry, mulberry,
    redcurrant, iced lavender, lilac, davana, fig, amber, vanilla bourbon and
    white patchouli. It's like a cross between Addict and Angel, but lighter.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 10th October 2012 at 07:06 PM.

Good Evening,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, KarmaLee.
    Almost joined Larimar and Lilybelle in Jicky, then almost joined Jon in Bois des ╬les, but then chanced upon some Bel Respiro hiding at the back of my wardrobe.

Best to all.

Glad to see that you're on the mend, KarmaLee!

SOTE is Tabac Blond, current formulation. I got a new sample vial from Les Senteurs today. The dry down is gorgeous. Now, shall I get a decant of the vintage or just go for the new...!? Ah, heck, I'll get both!

Have a great evening!
    Do happy

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

80s edition Jolie Madame parfum dabbed on pulse points + two sprays of 60s eau of same drifting up

You can keep Heathcliff ladies (even if played by Tom Hardy), Mr Rochester knocks him into a cocked hat as far as I'm concerned. Even if he does lock his wife in the attic...

Get well soon KarmaLee!

Today I wore AP L'Agent.

Rive Gauche Pour Homme

Basenotes Plus

Drive by perfuming; SOTD Beige.

*waves* and dashes OTD.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hey again, y'all -

I'm getting my afternoon rose fix via Caron's stunning Or et Noir parfum.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

KarmaLee, get well soon!

Cuir de Lanc˘me, for today.

Ineke Hothouse Flower pass still open, hint, hint.. seven slots I think lol

Sotd..Shiseido Zen White Heat Edition. Feeling bright berries..but not the musk in this. I can't seem to do any musk anymore and haven't for a while.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Chantilly for SotA/E

Get well wishes to KarmaLee!

Basenotes Institution

From a sample (thanks Redneck!)

New York For All by Bond No. 9

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Well, now I'm just being a glutton. Just for grins, I've added a few small spritzes of Lorenzo Villoresi Donna to the mix and now I feel like I'm practically drowning in roses ...but what a way to go!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Karma Lee, I wish you all the best.

Evangeline, how wildly apropos is that Lawrence Alma-Tadema painting?!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good afternoon all, today's spray is the new one from Huitieme Art, Poudre de Riz. It has things in common with two other rice fragrances I like a lot, Farmacia S.S. Annunziata's Fiore di Riso, and ELdO's Fils de Dieu. I will have to compare them head-to-head sometime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    You can keep Heathcliff ladies (even if played by Tom Hardy), Mr Rochester knocks him into a cocked hat as far as I'm concerned. Even if he does lock his wife in the attic...
    Ha! Here's my kind of woman speaking.
    Yes, another Bronte addict here.

Trying out Ambre Nuit Cologne from Dior's collection. Yup, it is a cologne. Mr. W. might like it.

Basenotes Plus

Joining Lilybelle in Chantilly for the evening.

I need to try that Ambre Nuit..looks like a pricey one though! Ebay has a new layout now? lol..not sure about it, lol.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.