Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default your best orange parfume

hello looking for orange as dominant theme in a parfume! i loved Maharanih intese a lot! casue it has beautiful sandalwood in the drydown....
    but would like to know if i am missing something becasue did not try many orange parfumes....the only that i have is grapefruit from aqua allegoria pamplelune, but now i want something more natural and sophisticated

what is your best orange in parfume?

many thnaks!!

Default Re: your best orange parfume

I love orange, too, so I'll be looking at the responses with you, Iivanita.

My very favorite orange is Ozwald Boateng's Bespoke Orange. It is discontinued and impossible to find. I have about 1.5 ml in a decant that I am hanging on to because I love it so much I can't bear to part with it. Apparently, OB brought out this fragrance called Bespoke, and it had two fragrances - one side was Red, and the other was Orange. I loooove Orange.

Hermes concentre d'oranges vertes is quite likable, and easy to find.

cacio

Parfums d'Empire Azemour Les Orangers: the fruit, the leaves,the flowers, the tree, plus a salty ocean breeze on dried grass...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

I agree with Cacio; Concentre d'Orange Verte is one of my favorite scents. Also, Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes (an EDP) is quite lovely while a little heavier and more suited to cooler weather. But I would wear either year round. Love them both!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Azzaro Azzura - sweet orange on a woody, vanilla base. Adrienne Vittadini for a cozier feel - soft orange, faintly woody, vanilla musk base. A discontinued favorite is Perlier Acqua Serena - bright orange with a hint of lavender and honey to round it out.

Sorry if I'm being an ignoramus, but how does orange differ from orange blossom? Or are they the same thing?

Concentre d'Orange Verte or Bigarade Concentre.

Whimsical diva, orange is citric like the fruit. Orange blossom is the flower. It's floral.

for swap/sale:

These aren't pure orange scents per se but feature an orange theme

Profumum Dulcis in Fundo has a wonderful sweet orange/mandarin topnote which is absolutely scrumptious, but the drydown is pretty much vanilla all the way, citrus topnotes are not known for their longevity

Anne Pliska is an amber which has an unusual and lovely spicy orange topnote,

Moschino Couture has a bright, almost fizzy orange layered over a woody-amber base

Roger and Gallet Bois d' orange is my favorite and Cartier Essence d' Orange is a close second; the Bond no. 9 orange (Little Italy) is an EDP and long lasting, but it's almost too orangey!

For me:

Caron Narcisse Noir (orange with civet)
    By Killian Sweet Redemption (incense)
    Hermes 24, Faubourg (orange oriental)
    SL Fleurs d'Oranger (with jasmine and cumin)
    Victoria's Secret Orange Flower (discontinued by can be bought at discounters, with osmanthus)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    Azzaro Azzura - sweet orange on a woody, vanilla base. Adrienne Vittadini for a cozier feel - soft orange, faintly woody, vanilla musk base. A discontinued favorite is Perlier Acqua Serena - bright orange with a hint of lavender and honey to round it out.
    these plus Theorema d/c'ed and cacharel Liberte- neon orange
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Theorema

Tuscan Blood orange by Pacifica ------> smells like the Jamba Juice shoppe! Awesome on my lady!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    For me:

Caron Narcisse Noir (orange with civet)
    By Killian Sweet Redemption (incense)
    Hermes 24, Faubourg (orange oriental)
    SL Fleurs d'Oranger (with jasmine and cumin)
    Victoria's Secret Orange Flower (discontinued by can be bought at discounters, with osmanthus)

hello all thank you all very much , i posted same thing on male board, and got some tips that overlay like bigarade c. and Azemour Les Orangers, but many new one here!

24 Faubourg i never noticed orange in it, nice other suggestions , many thanks!!

i was wearing Maharanih yesterday and got "compliment" that i smell of those india fragrance sticks

Perlier Acqua Serena - sounds so beautiful!! i love lavender too!!!

BBW Orange Sapphire -discontined about a year ago so not pricey yet - smells like an orange julius.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Today for me it is By Kilian Sweet Redemption. Very sweeeet. I love it.

Banned

Lily maybe we have similar taste, i will try that killian but must say i could not resist and finally bought maharanih intense, it so natural orange smell without any hint of beeing citrusy perfume, this amazed me, so balanced bitter sweet combination

Hi iivanita!

I haven't sniffed it, but a fan base has been growing here for a Garner James orange cologne called Jupiter to Juno, which is actually the creation of basenotes member and frequent poster wooznib. I'm not sure how one goes about sampling or buying them other than to contact him directly, but from the kudos this fragrance has been getting, I'd say it would be well worth it to look him up, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I'm going to try Maharanih one of these days.

+1 Jupiter to Juno. Kind of interested in trying Lutens but I've had such bad luck with Lutens scents thus far..don't like much of any of them.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.