Code of Conduct

Default Most Versatile "Woody"/not Woody Mens Fragrance for any age group?

Hi all,

I'm basically looking for a fragrance that is woody and I can wear into old age (I'm 27 now). As you can probably see I'm looking for something that might be hard to find. My critera = versatile (appropriate for any occasion, season and any age group). I really love Dirty English and Boss in motion (so I'm basically looking for something along the lines of those two - "woody" in other words) but that can be worn from youth into old age. A tall order I know, but do you guys/girls have any ideas?

Another request: Which scents can be worn for any age group (from youth into old age) and for any occasion/season (doesn't have to be woody this time).

Thankyou very much in advance!

Default Re: Most Versatile "Woody"/not Woody Mens Fragrance for any age group?

Perhaps Montale Wood and Spices

Dependent

TdH
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll seek them out and have a try. Sorry what does TdH stand for Calilove? I'm relatively new here...

TdH = Terre D'Hermes
    My favorite spicy smell is D&G The One. I posted a spicy fragrance even though you asked for wood, since The One seems to smell "woody"

For woody, its hard to beat Tam Dao by Dyptique or Wonderwood by Comme de Garcons.

You said the name in the title. Get "Woody" by Kenzo. I love it.

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I will try to seek those out!

You didn't mention a price range, so not sure how my suggestion will come across. Definitely hard to find though.... Chanel Sycomore - probably one of my favourite woody scents. Also my SOTD today!

Any price range is okay, as long as it's not Clive Christian high haha. Thanks for the suggestion man, haven't heard of that one, then again I'm newish to it all. I'll have a look for that one.

Comme des Garcons - Wonderwood
    Hermes - Terre D'Hermes
    Gucci - Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by classicrock View Post
    Any price range is okay, as long as it's not Clive Christian high haha. Thanks for the suggestion man, haven't heard of that one, then again I'm newish to it all. I'll have a look for that one.
    Have a search on these boards here. It's popular but gets less attention these days. You'll need to go to a Chanel Boutique to find it as it's not available anywhere else...

I yet to try Sycomore. That's on my short list

Several Dsquared may also be worth sampling.

Banned

Woody:

Wonderwood by Comme des Garcons - Welcome to the wide world of woods! The interesting opening is a dank, forest tree scent, supplied by the melange of warm sandalwood, hints of zesty bergamot and anise-like, caraway seeds, earthy vetiver and creamy guaic wood. This impressive concoction is reminescent of a felled tree in a rain forest, with the attendant damp and green environs. Transitioning to the waiting middle, spicy pepper, ghosts of apple, plum and floral fruitiness from the cristalin, musky powder from the cashmeran, and savory incense enhance the woody brew. The awesome drydown with its rich cedar and enchanting agarwood tug at this lively heart, and is augmented by a charming patchouli, faintly bathing the cedar and oud in an air of mustiness, and a refreshing, dry cypress, with its hint of spiciness, exalting the pleasing, woody base. This high-quality and exceptional composition has good projection, after some 4 hours becoming a skin scent, and excellent longevity.

Non-woody:

Eau Illuminee by Delrae - One is initially treated to a gust of freshness from the invigorating melange of bittersweet bergamot and basil, with its lemony and slightly spicy greenness. Percolating a bit, this clean blend transitions to the waiting middle. Here, the minty clean aroma of lavender commingles with various herbs, and infuses the opening brew. Green and camphoraceous rosemary, earthy and verdant geranium as well as sharp lemon verbena work their wiles with this spic and span heart, while a tad of vanilla bobs about. Transitioning to the awaiting base, tonka bean encases the herbal concoction, and imparts its vanillic, freshly-mown lawn character and interplays with enabling, violet-like orris. A delicately laundered drydown ensues. This somewhat elegant composition leans heavily to the masculine side; and, although it can be considered an all-season scent, it will bloom in the spring and summer. A well-crafted fragrance with quality ingredients, it has good projection and longevity.

Thanks guys. Dollars&scents I like the sound of that second one you mention. Think I probably have enough to go on now guys, thanks very much for your contributions!

Also, Carolina Herrera CH men has a nice wood base to it.