Code of Conduct

Default A* Men for high school?

Is A* Men a safe enough scent for a 14 year old to wear in high school?

Default Re: A* Men for high school?

Hmmm.. I'd say as long as it wasn't too warm of a day and you applied it intelligently (maybe on unexposed skin and lightly) I think it should be OK. And if ppl look at you strangely just give them a look that says "you have no taste" LOL
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Quote Originally Posted by kkingm810 View Post
    Is A* Men a safe enough scent for a 14 year old to wear in high school?
    Sure

Most fragrances are completely fine for most situations and people, as long as they're applied properly.

Typically I would say "wear what you like." But in this case, define safe.
    If by safe you mean, "will I smell like the norm?" The answer is probably no (it's a rather unique fragrance)
    If by safe you mean, "does it smell nice?" The answer is subjective, but for the most part, people like it.
    Personally, I would suggest something like Eternity, PE 360 Red, or even Ed Hardy Love and Luck. But if you like A*Men, wear it.

That is the only place A*men should be worn (IMO) :P

Wear it if you enjoy it.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

It shouldn't be worn in High School or in the presence of anther human being.

It's not very safe, especially for a person your age who will be among several people. However, if you really want to wear it don't go more than 3 sprays.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Blog Entries

Nice scent, but be careful with the application as it is strong.

You'd be safer with Pure Havane instead.

Dependent

were it
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

A*Men is fine for younger folks. I'm a younger guy and I like A*Men a lot.

Just go easy on the application so you don't suck all the oxygen out of the classroom. One spritz is all you need.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

As others have pointed out, A*Men is very youthful - I think of it as a "clubbing" scent, both in the sense that one might wear it out to a loud and noisy club and in the fact that it is potent and can overwhelm.

My own instinct here is that people in high school tend to "over apply" almost everything, from make up to fragrance, and this is one that could be a problem if he went even one spray too many. It's very tenacious and projects. If it gets over applied, the only solution is a shower and a change of clothes. It clings to clothes for days.

While its perfectly suitable to wear out to the mall with friends, I'd probably recommend something a bit less bombastic for school. Gendarme, Mugler Cologne, or (my high school mainstay) the soapy green "Grey Flannel" might be better for day-to-day wear in the crowded confines of high school.

If he absolutely has his heart set A*Men, perhaps he should start with the aftershave tonic, which should be by its very nature far less tenacious and aggressive but would smell essentially the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually one other thought.

Mugler launched a summer flanker a couple of years ago called Angel Men Sunessence Orage D Ete . It has since been discontinued but can still be found on the internet and eBay. This was designed to carry the "spirit" of A*Men, but without the overbearing qualities that would make it a poor choice for summer. This might make a great alternative for school. It's much lighter, has a bit of a citrus start, and then settles into a brighter, lighter version of the original.

A*Men is built for cool nights. Sunessence is the same idea built for daytime wear (or at least as "daytime" as A*Men can be...)
    Last edited by LA2000; 14th October 2012 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    It shouldn't be worn in High School or in the presence of anther human being.
    This.. I seriously have not met ONE person in real life who has told me they like the orginal amen lol. Its deff a aquired taste to be wearing in high school when your sitting right next to so many people... But I guess at the end of the day all that matters is what you think, so if you are super horny about it, then fuck other people. =/ shrug..

Dcampbell

I gave my bottle I had to my cousin who is in high school. I told him "Under NO circumstance what so ever do you use more than one spray. Your teachers and the ladies will appreciate you for that." I would be stupid to think that he didn't go and use 5 to 6 sprays after that conversation.

Whats up? I'm 14 and i rock A*Men on the colder days!
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

Basenotes Junkie

A*Men is a pretty intense frag that high schoolers probably won't understand, but you go ahead and wear it if you love it. Just go easy on the trigger.

If you're dead set on the a men scent, I would check out animale animale. Tested both, to me animale animale seems like a safer, more toned-down a men (and smells really, really good). It's also a cheapie

Animale animale is a much safer scent BUT its much more dated and idk if a highschooler could pull that one off.
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenfragGent View Post
    Animale animale is a much safer scent BUT its much more dated and idk if a highschooler could pull that one off.
    I'm in high school myself and have gotten some compliments from wearing it, just as long as I applied it correctly because it's pretty strong.
    But yeah, I don't find it dated at all. Then again, maybe it's because I haven't been in the fragrance game for long enough.

Kudos to you man! It might just be because I tested it on paper and not on my skin. I got a very dated vibe from it on the paper. I'll have to try it out on my skin I suppose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Most fragrances are completely fine for most situations and people, as long as they're applied properly.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^.

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    This.. I seriously have not met ONE person in real life who has told me they like the orginal amen lol. Its deff a aquired taste to be wearing in high school when your sitting right next to so many people... But I guess at the end of the day all that matters is what you think, so if you are super horny about it, then fuck other people. =/ shrug..
    It's a love or hate fragrance. I actually discovered it by accident. Prior to owning so many bottles, I would go to my dad's glass fragrance tray and sniff out whatever he had. One day I found a sample of it just sitting there. I though, "A*Men? Looks like a feminine perfume." I sprayed it, and instantly found my new date scent! That is of course, until I purchase PM.

Blog Entries

If you enjoy being unique and different...yes. If you are terrified about not fitting in or being like everyone else...no.