Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What was the last fragrance you had to scrub off, or at least contemplated doing so?

Fahrenheit 32 and Body Kouros. Just the thought of either makes me physically ill.

Default Re: What was the last fragrance you had to scrub off, or at least contemplated doing so?

Byredo's Oud Immortelle. I gave it an hour and a half or so and realized it just wasn't for me.

Montale's Moon Aoud = urinal deodorant puck

Givenchy Pi. Just doesn't work for me. Too bad.

Aventus, one full spray at the opening could gas anyone out. Love the drydown though if I could hold out for it

Memoir Man by Amouage the most disgusting thing i have smelled so far lol..

Basenotes Member

Encre Noir. It gave me a headache.

Armani Code. I'm going to try it once more. I love Mania, but code just kills my brain cells.

1 million

Yardley Citrus & Wood. Blind bought based on the ultra cheap price and reviews on here. Had i payed more that seven dollars i would have been very upset.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Montale Dark Aoud

Amouage Reflection Man.

'Turtle' Vetiver Front
    Last edited by Marais; 12th October 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Le Male
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Tom Ford Oud Wood

1 Million....thought to give another try just for fun, but nothing changed for me...still bleh!...sorry, double bleh!
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |

I've scrubbed off all the Byredo frags I've tried. Vigorously.

I occasionally have to scrub Terre de Hermes if I've misjudged and am not in the mood for it.

Basenotes Plus

I've only rushed to scrub two off. C&S Cuba and Knize Ten.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

A*Men and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

I noticed a lot of hate for 1 Million. I love that stuff, but I guess for some, even an ad with a hot guy to an electronic dance music soundtrack isn't enough.

Yet my pick for scrubber hasn't been mentioned yet: Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men. Notably enough, I loved the original Emporio He back in the day, I still like Acqua di Gio, and the new Armani Code Ultimate is pretty darn good. But this was a syrupy powdery mess that I had to scrub off 20 minutes later. And even then, it wouldn't all come off.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Ugh. Noir de Noir. How this could EVER be worn by a man, or by a woman under the age of 65, I have no idea. Terrible.

(Yes, I know, I'm in the minority. But... Ugh.)

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Secretions Manifiques... Unfortunately it didn't work.
    same here, can't stand it
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Anglique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Another vote for Caron Un Pour Homme, and even Egoiste, believe it or not... too sweet on me.

I think it was Yatagan. Definitely unique stuff, interesting opening, but not my style.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Czeck and Speake 88

Wild Country
    British Sterling
    A*men
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Versace The Dreamer. A new and unsampled first purchase years ago that I foolishly chest-sprayed twice just before bedtime. I had fragmares, bad dreams about the frag monster, until I woke up and showered it off (as much as possible that is).
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Animale Animale

Quote Originally Posted by Beano1551 View Post
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Really??????????????????????????
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Czeck and Speake 88
    + 1. Wore this recently for the 1st time. I have a hard time picking my favorite rose fragrance, but I now have a pretty good idea about my least favorite one. This is rose scented dove soap. Quite cloying.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Priv - Oud Royal
    8. Brckner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Sandalwood by Arden, scrub it off and threw it in a garbage bin!!!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Yatagan! I tried and tried for a while but I just couldn't, I had to scrub it off.
    Just the same here.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Royal Oud, couldn't get it off fast enough, made me nausious and could feel the headache coming on.

Spice & Wood. Though I'm gonna give this another chance. I may have put too much on, and it was overbearing. Layering might be nice. But my first go with it....phew.

Tuscan Leather- TF

Cartier Declaration. Pure B.O.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

For me: Caron pour un homme...could not get it off of me fast enough. A close second would be Tauer's Star Orange. Was like acid melting away my skin and sinus cavity.

For my wife: Guerlain's Vetiver. I put a sample on one night...and she did NOT care for it. To the point that when I started for bed a few hours later, she said, "You're not going to bed smelling like that, are you?"
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Kouros... Smells like a cheap bottle of deo spray I can get from the shop on the corner

I just tested Arquiste's Anima Dulcis on Sunday, and it was too much for me. Granted, I was already feeling pretty exhausted and slightly ill, so not the best time to heavily skin test such a rich scent. I didn't scrub it though, and I'd try it again.

The first time I scrubbed a scent was when I was at the airport and tested Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT and Chanel Antaeus at the same time (one on each wrist). It was way too much, and this was at the very start of my fragrance journey. I'm glad I didn't get on a plane without scrubbing, and actually I enjoyed the faint smell of both after I scrubbed. Now I enjoy both scents and own a bottle of vintage Habit Rouge EDC.

I had to scrub SL Chypre Rouge, something in the heart was nauseating and gave me a headache. I found a very similar sickening accord in Molton Brown Rogart. Those two actually make me ill.

I scrubbed off Knize Ten Knize not for me

Armani Code Sport.

Smells like something you spray to mask another bad smell. Incredibly cheap smelling tat.

Blog Entries

Terre d'Hermes...Rotten oranges mixed with Tang breakfast drink...I waited it out and there is a lovely dry pepper and stone dust underneath...

Quote Originally Posted by spike1856 View Post
    Ugh. Noir de Noir. How this could EVER be worn by a man, or by a woman under the age of 65, I have no idea. Terrible.

(Yes, I know, I'm in the minority. But... Ugh.)
    this

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Vetiver Extroardinaire. It was killing me and every one near to me. I could not tolerate the super, super sharp vetiver note.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    This

+ Frapin 1697 and Histoires de Parfums Ambrarem just the other day.
    This plus Oud Cuir D'Arabie.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Oud Wood (tainted). I like OW from my original. but it seems to be reacting with decant atomizer i keep at work to create a weird plastic/lipstick odor. Bought atomizer on sale now I think it was previously used and tainted my decant

The last one was Marbert Man because I was kind of obligated to spray it on my wrist because an old couple who I respect greatly wanted me to try it.

A non-ghetto perfume that I had to scrub off was Lipstick Rose. Yes they hit the nail right on the head as far as it smelling like lipstick and it's a brilliant creation, but I do not want to go about smelling like that.

A*men, Angel man or whatever they call it. I wanted to like it but in after a few hours it just became to much.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
    The last one was Marbert Man because I was kind of obligated to spray it on my wrist because an old couple who I respect greatly wanted me to try it.

A non-ghetto perfume that I had to scrub off was Lipstick Rose. Yes they hit the nail right on the head as far as it smelling like lipstick and it's a brilliant creation, but I do not want to go about smelling like that.
    Wow, I enjoy Lipstick Rose a lot!

Just this morning I had to scrub off Secretions Magnifiques. I normally enjoy that one, but for whatever reason it wasn't agreeing with me today.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Iris Silver Mist. I just wasn't prepared. Not as metallic as I'd hoped, and my nose just focuses on the makeup/lipstick aspect of iris.
    Couldn't get rid of the smell so I sprayed something on top of it. Discovered that it layers really well adding a plush softness to whatever it is mixed with.

I admire the scent, but I'm not quite ready for it.

Habit Rouge...several times, but most recently a few days ago. I've owned 50ml for about 20 years, and periodically I try it hoping I will like it, but I doubt it will every happen. I should just pass it on since it's vintage.

Halston Z-14 (new formulation)....and I was dumb enough to try it one more time a few months later.

B*Men by Thierry Mugler. There's a note I just don't like.
    The blind buy damage was limited as I have the small bottle.
    Maybe one day I will like this...

I just hate my newly bought bottle of:
    Dior Homme Intense....I literally had to scrub off my wrists but the poor thing refused to go away....

A*Men = Thee most foul smelling thing ever! I'd smell better even if I didn't shower for a week! It took some effort to get it off as well... Why can't something which smells good have this much staying power ??!

Old spice white water, Yuck!!! way to feminine smelling , smelt like womens perfume, i like old spice original btw

Never felt the need to wash anything off.

There have been some things I haven't wanted to smell more than once though.

Christian Dior Eau Noire was the last to do that ... and I really like Immortelle(!?)

Fahrenheit, Body Kouros and Kenzo Pour Homme were the ones I wanted to scrub off back in the days when I had no experience and everything was all too new to me. Today, however, I can't stand Absolue Pour le Soir Maison Francis Kurkdjian. I utterly hate this fragrance XD

Guerlain Vetiver
    M7
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    I occasionally have to scrub Terre de Hermes if I've misjudged and am not in the mood for it.
    This. Sometimes I like it a lot. Other times the disenchantment curve is so steep that it has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Yatagan! I tried and tried for a while but I just couldn't, I had to scrub it off.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Fahrenheit, Body Kouros and Kenzo Pour Homme were the ones I wanted to scrub off back in the days when I had no experience and everything was all too new to me. Today, however, I can't stand Absolue Pour le Soir Maison Francis Kurkdjian. I utterly hate this fragrance XD

I'm glad someone else hates it as much as I do.