Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What was the last fragrance you had to scrub off, or at least contemplated doing so?

Fahrenheit 32 and Body Kouros. Just the thought of either makes me physically ill.

Default Re: What was the last fragrance you had to scrub off, or at least contemplated doing so?

Byredo's Oud Immortelle. I gave it an hour and a half or so and realized it just wasn't for me.

Montale's Moon Aoud = urinal deodorant puck

Givenchy Pi. Just doesn't work for me. Too bad.

Aventus, one full spray at the opening could gas anyone out. Love the drydown though if I could hold out for it

Memoir Man by Amouage the most disgusting thing i have smelled so far lol..

Basenotes Member

Encre Noir. It gave me a headache.

Armani Code. I'm going to try it once more. I love Mania, but code just kills my brain cells.

1 million

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar

Yardley Citrus & Wood. Blind bought based on the ultra cheap price and reviews on here. Had i payed more that seven dollars i would have been very upset.
    I don't have a signature fragrance. My signature changes a little bit every day, why shouldn't my fragrance?
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

Montale Dark Aoud

Amouage Reflection Man.

'Turtle' Vetiver Front
    Last edited by Marais; 12th October 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Le Male
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

Tom Ford Oud Wood

1 Million....thought to give another try just for fun, but nothing changed for me...still bleh!...sorry, double bleh!
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"...I don't want to miss that...

Current Top 15 Summer: | Tom Ford Grey Vetiver | Shiseido Basala |
    Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme | Chanel Bleu | Guerlain Homme Intense | Armani Emporio Lui | Cartier Pasha | Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee | D&G Light Blue PH | Givenchy PH Blue Label | C.Herrera 212 Men | T.Mugler Ice*Men | Bvlgari Aqva PH | Kiton Black | Bvlgari PH Soir |

I've scrubbed off all the Byredo frags I've tried. Vigorously.

I occasionally have to scrub Terre de Hermes if I've misjudged and am not in the mood for it.

Basenotes Plus

I've only rushed to scrub two off. C&S Cuba and Knize Ten.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

A*Men and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

I noticed a lot of hate for 1 Million. I love that stuff, but I guess for some, even an ad with a hot guy to an electronic dance music soundtrack isn't enough.

Yet my pick for scrubber hasn't been mentioned yet: Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men. Notably enough, I loved the original Emporio He back in the day, I still like Acqua di Gio, and the new Armani Code Ultimate is pretty darn good. But this was a syrupy powdery mess that I had to scrub off 20 minutes later. And even then, it wouldn't all come off.
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

Support Xscentrik - The World's First Crowdfunded Fragrance Store: http://igg.me/at/xscentrik/x/11176018

Ugh. Noir de Noir. How this could EVER be worn by a man, or by a woman under the age of 65, I have no idea. Terrible.

(Yes, I know, I'm in the minority. But... Ugh.)

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Secretions Manifiques... Unfortunately it didn't work.
    same here, can't stand it
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Another vote for Caron Un Pour Homme, and even Egoiste, believe it or not... too sweet on me.

I think it was Yatagan. Definitely unique stuff, interesting opening, but not my style.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Czeck and Speake 88

Wild Country
    British Sterling
    A*men
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Versace The Dreamer. A new and unsampled first purchase years ago that I foolishly chest-sprayed twice just before bedtime. I had fragmares, bad dreams about the frag monster, until I woke up and showered it off (as much as possible that is).
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

Animale Animale

Quote Originally Posted by Beano1551 View Post
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Really??????????????????????????
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Czeck and Speake 88
    + 1. Wore this recently for the 1st time. I have a hard time picking my favorite rose fragrance, but I now have a pretty good idea about my least favorite one. This is rose scented dove soap. Quite cloying.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Creed - Virgin Island Water
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Creed - Original Cologne
    10. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men