Code of Conduct

Default Puredistance/M -or- Musc Ravageur

I like M better personally,but wanted to get opinions of other people on what's their favorite between the two.

Default Re: Puredistance/M -or- Musc Ravageur

Have not tried M but would like to know how they are similar as opposed to how they are different.

for swap/sale:

I only own samples of both(not sure if the spray would make a difference compared to the splash..) Anyway, I've worn each one a couple times and I'd have to say I prefer M so far... Although, M is a little "mature" for me to wear regularly at this point. I think in the future I'll get a bottle.

I can't find any resemblance between them.I prefer Puredistance M over MR.

I must admit that I wouldn't go for either based on my sampling so far. There's a bit too much Indianish spice going on in PM and I find MR a little boring as I prefer the dirtier musks like MKK or UFDC and don't love gourmands.
    Sorry not much help I suppose.

Musc Ravageur

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Musc Ravageur
    a big +1

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

To Each His Own. I consider Puredistance M for an outstandingly good fragrance.

I own, and love both, but wouldn't hesitate one second to through MR in the trash to keep M. I'm on my second bottle of M. It's the only scent that just feels like an extension of myself.

Musc Ravageur isn't even in the same league as "M"
    Last edited by thebeck; 23rd May 2011 at 03:45 PM.

I don't like MR very much... I appreciate it but don't enjoy wearing it, it is too simple and gets annoying. I sold my MR, but there's no way I would part with M.... Puredistance M is probably the best frag I have ever tried, it doesn't have a lot of notes, but the scent is complex, well blended, and very potent.

I see some similarities, both having prominent vanilla and spice notes (actually, that's pretty much all MR has), but that's as far as it goes. M is definitely not gourmand, and is a far more complex scent then MR. Because of that, M is far more versatile and is suitable to wear for a much wider variety of occasions than MR.

M is not even a musk-prominent frag and I smell more of it in M than in MR, which just smells like vanilla to me... if there's any musk in MR, I can't smell it.

M is a classicly composed, very opulent chypre with warm leather aspects. It is a masterful scent. Musc Ravageur is a sweet floral musk scent that is nice too. I like M much better. It is also very different from MR.

M would be my favorite fragrance of all, if the bottle was easier to use. These damn art directors love to create clever designs that are totally impractical - and this is an example of such a design. The bottle is so clever it can not stand up on a shelf and will easily roll around off a counter top, so it must be hidden away in a safe place. It is so safe it just never gets used. But, still M is a much superior fragrance to Musc Ravageur in my opinion.

Great feedback it's interesting to hear all of your opinions. I myself favor the Puredistance/M :-)

these two are @ opposite ends of the spectrum as far as I'm concerned and are completely dissimilar.
    MR couldn't touch Puredistance on the best day it has ever had.

M is much more wearable in the hot summer months, MR, is like wearing a wetsuit on hot pavement. too sweet, and vulgar for the heat. uuugh!!

Bump

Completely differend scents. Pure Distance M is Daniel Craig as James Bond, Musk Ravageur is Russel Brand.

MR you can wear everyday. With M, you save it for some special events I love both. Hm... but I will get MR first.

I choose M.

puredistance m was talked about last year july? I had to rely on youtube hype to know about this lool

I'd pick Puredistance M over the other.

Pdm
    +1

Hard to say, before I'd have said MR, but after wearing M again today.......

I really like both but I have too say Puredistance M is stunning in the quality of ingredients used especially how the jasmine note is used. Every so often this scent just seems too come together in a perfect harmony of oakmossy spicy leather and the floral vanille cinnamon. When it does and it does not happen on every wearing the effect to your olfactory senses is one of pure magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I really like both but I have too say Puredistance M is stunning in the quality of ingredients used especially how the jasmine note is used. Every so often this scent just seems too come together in a perfect harmony of oakmossy spicy leather and the floral vanille cinnamon. When it does and it does not happen on every wearing the effect to your olfactory senses is one of pure magic.
    It took you a little while to experience the magic of M. I'm happy you did. Now you know why I'm crazy over it. The only difference for me is the magic happens each and everytime I wear it.
    Last edited by thebeck; 14th March 2012 at 01:36 PM.

I really didn't like M, but all I have of it are a couple samples, while I'm sure it is of the highest quality, it was disgusting to me. Musc Ravageur on the other hand is one of my favorites. Highly opinionated.

How can so many people afford PM? LOL. It's out of my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Let me tell you how I got a 100ml bottle. Puredistance e-mailed me just before Christmas running a special. Buy a 100ml bottle for $590.00 and receive a 17.5ml bottle for free. I sold the 17.5ml bottle to a fellow basenoter for $150.00. Now my cost was reduced to $440.00. Two 17.5ml bottles would cost $400.00 and I thought getting an extra 65ml for $40.00 was a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Let me tell you how I got a 100ml bottle. Puredistance e-mailed me just before Christmas running a special. Buy a 100ml bottle for $590.00 and receive a 17.5ml bottle for free. I sold the 17.5ml bottle to a fellow basenoter for $150.00. Now my cost was reduced to $440.00. Two 17.5ml bottles would cost $400.00 and I thought getting an extra 65ml for $40.00 was a steal.

they play in different leagues. I must admit that PdM is good stuff , very well done , very stylish , but extremely overpriced.
    on the other hand, MR smells wonderful and could be a more safest option , so...
    my vote is clearly for MR

to each there own right? I dont think there similar at all tbh

MR is much better fragrance!

MR is in my top 5 of all time!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    MR is in my top 5 of all time!
    +1, actually top 3

Each to their own. I prefer Puredistance M. I do not understand the love for Musc Ravageur even though I have tried again and again to find something.

Musc Ravageur can get annoying and heavy, while M simply can't. If I had the dough now to buy one of the two, I'd pick M. Pop - pop - pop muzik! :-)
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Got to go with Musc Ravageur on this one.

Musc Ravageur

two different class here,

own both, MR is ok, nothing impresive, but love M

MR is no where near M

i would happy to trade 100 bottles of MR for a bottle of M anyday
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Two fragrances that are not in the same league. Musc Ravageur is a top of the line Cadillac and M is an Aston Martin. The drydown of Puredistance M is nothing short of breathtaking, bordering on life changing. It is a gorgeously sophisticated, expertly blended fragrance with superb quality that justifies it's huge price tag. It projects like a monster and lasts almost indefinitely with it's 25% parfum extrait concentration. Musc Ravageur on the other hand starts off smelling musky like a zoo in the summer time. It sweetens up and dries down nicely. It also smells dated, like a 70's powerhouse. I like MR quite a bit, but it's not even close to being on par with Puredistance M.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock