Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What was the last fragrance you had to scrub off, or at least contemplated doing so?

I just sampled "Carnal Flower" by Malle, I never thought i'd want to scrub a Malle fragrance off of me.

It was far too feminine and over powering. After scrubbing, the melon, floral, coconut blend is still lingering.

I can at least say it is some strong juice. However, a juice I wouldn't mind ever smelling again.

Anything you guys completely disliked lately?

Default Re: What was the last fragrance you had to scrub off, or at least contemplated doing so?

Caron Un Pour Homme.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Default Re: What was the last fragrance you had to scrub off, or at least contemplated doing so?

Citron Sauvage de Il Profvmo...it seemed to be the detergent Dubro Citron on me...!

1 million

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    Caron Un Pour Homme.
    Amazing! I saw the title of the thread and came here to say the exact same thing. Low and behold, it's the first post!

I sampled Caron Un Pour Homme for the first time the other day. I can't say it's a bad fragrance. It's definitely a unique composition, just not anything I'd ever want to smell like. I found it overwhelming and a bit nauseating. Definitely a scrubber for me.

Basenotes Member

I'ma bit embarassed to admit this but: Habit Rouge. Much as I love it on paper, the peony (I think it's peony, otherwise the peonies I bought a few months ago had been doused in Habit Rouge) is absolutely overpowering on my skin. I literally couldn't smell anything else.

Montale's Wood & Spices. Possibly the worst masculine EVER!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Cool water, Spicebomb and Play Intense in recent history.

Sound Scents

Secretions Manifiques... Unfortunately it didn't work.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Interlude Man.

Chanel AHS Cologne. Vile stuff. Yuck!!

Odeur 71 by Comme des Garçons
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

One Million and Chanel Allure Homme Sport Extreme. Both about made me and my 16 year old son gag.

Don't recall ever actually scrubbing one off, but I came fairly close recently with Le Male Terrible.

Tobacco Vanille - this was a couple of years back and once the sexy opening was gone I tried to be patient with the vanilla thing you're left with but it was just too much . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Interlude Man.
    This

+ Frapin 1697 and Histoires de Parfums Ambrarem just the other day.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Angel Men Pure Leather... but not because I hated the fragrance. I love it, but man does it go on forever. It was already the next day and I wanted to put on something else, but I could still detect it on my skin. Crazy longevity on me.

Blog Entries

KISS HIM. PSA: Do not blind-buy this one.

Tresor. YUCK!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
    ― Marian Bendeth“

Blog Entries

I have had to scrub off many Bond no. 9 frags, the underlying plastic chemical nauseates me. But, the last one I scrubbed off was Creed Original Vetiver. There is just something there underlying that-as the British say-gets up my nose.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    ...as the British say-gets up my nose.

Only a few of the older generation still use that one! I've only ever had to scrub one fragrance, Secretions Magnifiques.

Oh btw, a more modern version of "gets up my nose" is "gets right on my tits"!

1 Million. The woman loves it on me. I am not a fan at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pgcd View Post
    I'ma bit embarassed to admit this but: Habit Rouge.
    What's embarrassing about that? It's one of the worst things I've ever smelled. A definite scrubber.

Yatagan! I tried and tried for a while but I just couldn't, I had to scrub it off.

Aventus -- it was like I sprayed air freshener on my skin.

The very last one- Eau Radieuse by Humiecki and Graef, that I recklessly sprayed from a sample I was given
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Years and years ago - Aramis

None so far, even the ones with rather (at least to me) unpleasant notes I have gotten to become somehow accustomed to.

I too had to scrub off the wet dog stink of Secretions Magnifiques.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Leather Oud... I *love* that frag, but it's *seriously* powerful! I gave myself a few too many sprays of it, and it smelled *amazing*, but I was about to go out and I was worried about giving people around me cancer from its nuclear power! :/ I showered again and it was *still* there!

Tauer's Vetiver Dance is the most nauseating scent experience I've ever had the misfortune of coming across. Literally could not tolerate it five minutes before making a dash for running water.

Musc Ravageur , have a real love hate thing with it, and other heavy musks.

The only ones that gave me the urge to scrub them off as they somewhat started to annoy me were The Dreamer and Obsession for men. Else I mainly scrub off scents that leave me cold and stand in the way of putting on something else instead.

Farenheit. Never again.

Swiss Army Limited Edition
    Polo Black
    AdG (Yes...AdG)

All the above gave me instant headache...and yes how can I forget..Antonio by Antonio Banderas!!

TF Tuscan Leather - Eughhhhh - Literally made me gag!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    Farenheit. Never again.
    Blasphamy!!

Did not expect to see Fahrenheit in here. Interesting. I love that the variables in the bottle do not change, however our noses, senses and even tastes change, rendering every bottle completely subjective.

Untitled No. 8 - I usually struggle through a bad fragrance, at least that way I'll know I hate it top-to-bottom, but I just couldn't go around with my hand smelling like poo all day!

Iquitos

A*men the original....... never again
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Banned

Oud 27 by Le Labo.

Hypnotic Poison. It's odd because I really enjoyed the fragrance, and was sitting at my computer typing some stuff for work happily sniffing away. It was a suggestion from BN, and I thought I'd found what I was looking for. It seemed very strong which was great because I have about half a dozen of those Dior 'little luxury' mini boxes, each with a little vial of Hypnotic Poison, more than enough for a season or so.

Then something terrible happened. I began to feel off-colour, and thought it would be best to wash some off. So I did, but I could still smell it. I ended up throwing up, and had to take two showers. When that failed to remove it I scoured my arms with rubbing alcohol, but even then traces remained which caused me to throw up further. In the end I had to light oil burners filled with eucalyptus and mint all over the house and even then I was catching slight whiffs. Every time I caught even the slightest scent of it my stomach would curl.

It's sad because, as I say, I do like the way it smells. It simply doesn't agree with me on some level, in a big way.

Xeryus Rouge is another. I remember liking it when it first came out too, so perhaps it's changed, or perhaps I've changed. Either way it's too cloying for me.

Two way tie. Lauder for men and Paris Hilton for men. Hilton for men is just as worse as her talent. Oh, I forgot she doesn't have any!

Play Intense not because I was adverse to the scent but just two sprays to the neck in the heart choked me out.

Chergui

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    Caron Un Pour Homme.
    Another strong +1 on this! I gave it a couple hours, waiting for the nice vanilla drydown everyone always talks about. Never came & I just couldn't take it anymore. Harsh & unforgiving frag on my skin. Wish I could've found the classic beauty in it, but it didn't happen.

mihailo

Truth or Dare by Madonna

Ungaro III. I bought it blind a while ago. Sprayed some last night and found it has that Cool Water/Polo Blue/, generic masculine body-wash/shaving cream/moisturizer note in the drydown that won't go away and always makes me feel a bit like throwing up. I wish I didn't have that reaction because it's in everything, but what can I do? My body says no.

Did this thread a while back, but my last scrubber was M7 Oud Absolu. Gave me a stinking headache, that did.

Every Le Labo I've tried--Oud 27, Rose 31, Vetiver 46.
    Fahrenheit.
    Terre d'Hermes.
    Creed--Bois du Portugal, Original Vetiver, Royal Water

I don't bother trying to struggle through something that I don't like at the top--I'm never gonna wear it, so why bother? And I'm fairly picky. Thank goodness for samples.

A Men Pure Malt
    'Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers' (Christian Dior)

Dependent

one of jo illiams terrible stuff
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Happy
    Juicy Couture

Lady Gaga's Fame
    and
    Byredo's Seven Veils - that ones a major puke fest

amen pure leather

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    1 million
    Oh. Muh. GAWD. This! Interesting though, I recently smelled it in a magazine strip and thought "This is kind of good." Tone it waaaaay the heck down and it's probably something I could like, but it's so overpoweringly sickeningly sweet. To be fair, I'm in my late 30s which means I'm not the target 1 Million was created for.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Green Irish Tweed. Truly horrifying. I couldn't eradicate it completely, even with Dawn and warm water.

LOL. I scrubbed off Carnal Flower too.

The last one I scrubbed off was Breath of God.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Giorgio of Beverly Hills new formlulation YUK!! Smells like burnt rubber!