Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Thursday 11th October 2012

Good morning. Where are our early birds these days?

Well, I am in a very fragrant mood this morning. One of the gels, my scent sister, put together the most beautiful parcel for me, and it came yesterday. It is full of Roses and Iris and many other wonderful things. Today I am really enjoying Ava Luxe Bohemian Rose Extrait. A vintage rose actually in my view.

I used to go to a magical shop that had the most wonderful vintage clothes, from tail coats to flapper dresses, cuffs, headresses, jewellery, gloves, bags, all very silent movies and Cabaret. The shop smelled of a melange of Rose, Violet, Iris, powder, dust, musk, sweat, and glamour. This reminds me of that shop.

((((((PerfumedLady))))))

Default Re: SOTD Thursday 11th October 2012

Good morning!

Foustie
    ; I can just smell the shop the way you've described it. It is a smell I'm certainly familiar with in my line of work. Every time I walk into an antique shop, the smell takes me back to the time I used to play in the attic with boxes of my grandmother's old gowns from the 20s and 30s and dusty old books.

Testing Boxeuses again - I love this one. It's a winner for me.

Have fun, no matter what you do!

index.jpg
    Do happy

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Frapin 1270 today.

Serge Lutens Muscs Koublaï Khän.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Midnight in Paris edp.

Basenotes Plus

Hello, everyone. Crown Heliotrope for me today.

Wish you all a very good day!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

JR, you smell yummy! Which reminds me -- as much as I am keen on several Frapins, I have never had a single full bottle from them for no particular reason. High time I thought of at least one.

KarmaLee, very nice to see you again. Rest, indulgences, and good company are your best remedies.

A random skunk walked in our garage earlier today. I got scared about me and junk getting spritzed and ran out right away. When DH came back later, an unexpected guest had already left, luckily. Some excitement for a day.

Tom Ford Jonquille de Nuit for me today.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Great photo, ladymurasaki!

SotD is Avignon.

Mom has to go back for the 2nd half of her root canal work (permanent filling) this morning. Her new glasses should also arrive before the weekend. I sure hope her headaches subside after all this.

I also enjoy the photo, ladymurasaki.

I'm wearing Eau des Iles by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier on this chilly morning. Have a good one, everybody!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Good Afternoon,

Luckily, no skunks around these here parts. Running over the heath yesterday evening though, I did cause a green woodpecker to shoot out from the long grass. Thought of Jon too, who I know shares my ornithological obsession.

Fumerie Turque on a grey, rainy day.

Best to all.

Bonjour Mesdames!

Reading this thread starts the day off right.
    First full wearing of Chanel Bois Des Iles - smooth warm and beautiful.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Thursday 11th October 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

(((Foustie))), you have started with one of my favorites, dear sister! Bohemian Rose is quite vintage in feel and happens to be the first AL of which I drained my bottle-just last week, in fact! Think it deserves to be replaced and I'm so happy to hear you like it, too! I love your description of that wonderful shop; would have loved to lose myself in all those vintage goodies right alongside you!

KarmaLee, was so nice to hear from you again, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Very happy to see my dear friend Warum here, too! I must get over to that Vegas thread soon and tell you how beautiful you all look!

Taking a break from the samples today in my own Cuir de Lancome. Have a great day, gang! Weekend's almost here!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Hello everyone -

Pleased to be joining Foustie in lush rosiness this morning - that Ava Luxe rose is a beauty! I'm in Creed's glorious Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare ...the 30 Roses Rose.

Y'all have a great day!

Quarry, lilybelle, Wolfie - I'm so glad y'all appreciated the Alma-Tadema pic ...and without even getting a whiff of me! Indeed, it was very appropriate.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good afternoon from a cloudy, chilly Milan. Keeping warm with smoky, ligneous Let me play the lion!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Good morning all! Today wearing Citizen Queen.

Hi there, k-scott! I bet you already know this, but you smell gorgeous!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hi Evangeline! I do smell pretty great! I am really enjoying Citizen Queen as a fall scent; it has that kind of wistful feel about it that I love for this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hi there, k-scott! I bet you already know this, but you smell gorgeous!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Getting a late start today, slept in til 8. I'd forgotten how good a couple of
    extra hours of sleep can feel.

30Roses, wishing your mom the best today and hope she starts feeling better.

SotD is Yves Saint Laurent Cinema.

Have a great day!

Twolf, how do you like TF Jonquil de Nuit? I'm very curious about that one. Is it very jonquil-y? I love that scent, I just find TF's so hard to wear, most of them.

Easyfish, I love that purple Montale bottle. I love the color and the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    It really does! And it's always good to see your sweet smiling face, too! xo

Roberto...Bogie & Bacall (sigh!).

Evangeline, I love your pic today too...so beautiful!

Well, I'm in a rosey scent today, too, at least I think I am. I'm wearing Hové's Vous Souvenez-Vous, and they don't list the ingredients, but it smells very rosey to me. I brought back all kinds of soaps and scents from Hové and Bourbon French when we were in NOLA, almost a year ago, and now I'm very excited (to put it mildly) because B-belle and I are returning for Christmas this year. I still have so many of these things, and I need to use them up so I can re-stock.

Love to all you sweethearts. I love seeing you in SotD thread each day.

(I'm a mush ball today!!)

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I HEREBY RESOLVE ...

Today I am NOT going to ... clean this hairy house or work to please a client or deal with vehicular crash issues or entertain visitors or keep appointments or stray from this couch and this Kindle.

I AM going to ... watch frivolous TV shows and movies with dear husband and poke around the web, contemplating perfume and handbags and tonneau covers and taking the time to really appreciate what you folks bring to Basenotes with your perceptions, creativity and many kindnesses.

I WILL NOT feel guilty for taking a day off, despite deeply rooted compulsions to clean, organize and be purposeful.

And I will do all this in Sabi, which, now that it has been discontinued, is one of the most expensive fragrances you'll see on ebay.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Go Quarry!!!!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Amen, sister.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hermes ~ Equipage. Wishing you all a most distinctive day.

Hello all. JHAG Citizen Queen
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Hello all. JHAG Citizen Queen
    Hi Donna, we're scent twins today!

Go Quarry

MJ Daisy for me.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Eau de Fier by Annick Goutal

I had to scrub off Vous Souvenez-Vous. There was something strange and inert about it on my skin, and it had to go. I have switched to By Killian's Sweet Redemption, finished a sample. It feels more "me". I think I'd like to have some more of it, but I'm not sure.

Hi everyone! Today I am wearing Etro Royal Pavillon (sample) and liking it quite a bit.

Good morning - afternoon
    I was late to work today, but it gave me a chance to stand in the parking lot and wait a long time for the shuttle to the hospital - all the while gazing up at the beautiful sky full of hot air balloons. The International Balloon Fiesta continues, and it is truely a wonderful sight to behold!

And I am wearing L'Artisan Vanilia today.

Mrs. Q, enjoy your break - a well deserved one I am sure!

Last edited by cello; 11th October 2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: changed vid

Basenotes Plus

Mrs Q -

G, the ornithological obsession is a lifelong one. Coincidental you mentioning woodpeckers - we get the other sort more regularly on our feeders and have just had a visit minutes before I posted this.

SotE - MFK Cologne pour le Soir.

(((Wolfie))), thank you . You always smell pretty damn fine yourself.

Foustie, mind if I join the PerfumedLady loveathon too ?

Today I'm wearing Samsara by Guerlain

SotD was Vol de Nuit Extrait and now Encens Mythique d'Orient from my decant. Best wishes to all!!!

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Good Evening,

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    G, the ornithological obsession is a lifelong one.
    Aye, that it is

Cello - love the sight of all those hot air balloons.

No.5 (80s EdP) tonight.

Best to all.

Good evening all. A flying visit today. Been scent free, yet someone walked in my office breathed in deeply, sighed and said "It smells so good in here". I think it must have been my coat and scarf which must have taken on a whole melange of scent. I'm anosmic to it now. Maybe they're ready for a wash

Wearing Mauboussin.

Blog Entries

I am wearing Dior's Granville now.
    Mike told me in Vegas that someone pointed out to him the Blenheim Bouquet similarity. Yes, I agree -- Granville does smell like Blenheim Bouquet! Ha!

Tried Milly-La-Foret this morning and was underwhelmed.

Last thing I tried yesterday was New Look 1947. It seems like a Poison's little sister to me.

Let me join PerfumedLady loveathon as well! Yay, PerfumedLady! You're the best! (and hey, I can be all sorts of things and I know that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but I truly hope that you don't expect any classic beauty out of me, not my strong point).

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    SotD was Vol de Nuit Extrait and now Encens Mythique d'Orient from my decant. Best wishes to all!!!
    This is the one I liked best from sniffing on paper at Guerlain boutique in Vegas. But time will come to them as well, I brought the samples of these to test.

My next one today will probably be Oud Isphahan, Scentimental started a lovely thread on it and got me excited about trying it out!

- - - Updated - - -

And GO QUARRY!!!

I wish I could, too. I might be able to take a day off in the middle of next week, maybe. So please enjoy yourself for me too!
    And thank you so much for Donna Karan's jasmine. It is one up there with me.

Hi y'all!

More roses. I'm not sure how much longer this bender's going to last, but for this afternoon it's Annick Goutal's Ce Soir Ou Jamais ...so romantic!

I "changed" into Eau de Shalimar. That Eau des Iles is just too heavy, too warm and spicy for me today. I just cannot bear it. Blech.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

What?! A loveathon for me? I love you guys more!

Jon, some smart publisher should be offering you a book deal for your nature photos! I'd put it on my coffee table in a heartbeat. Love the woodpecker shot, they are one of my favorite feeder visitors. I get two types, both different than yours. Love the sounds, even when they're pecking my gutters!

You stop it, Warum! I know what a pretty gal you are, can't fool me! It is just so wonderful to have you back here at SotD, at least until work steals you from us again. Boo, work!

Hoping all has gone well for 30R & Mom today. Sure hope this remedies the headaches.

Still in Cuir, need to shower and choose something else. Of course can't decide what. A problem I love having!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Thanks for thoughts about Mom!

Mom's root canal is all done now and the new glasses are on her head as of one hour ago! She has to get used to them, as she had adapted her posture to the stretched-out frames of her former pair. Now let's see if the headaches subside to any degree!

Something about Avignon annoyed me today, I don't know what exactly. I've never felt this way before with it. *shrug*

Blog Entries

PerfumedLady

Oud Ispahan. It reminds me pretty strongly of KM Loukhoum Parfum Le Soir.

Hugs ((30 Roses)) and Mom, glad the dental work is done.

Well, I wouldn't say it was cold exactly, but the temperature did get below 80F, and it felt cool enough to break out the Reglisse Noir. mmm. This is the only perfume I have that seems to have 'throw' but not be loud at all, it does an odd trick of smelling just as strong 3 feet away as it does when I hold my wrist up to my nose. Definitely a 'light' scent.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTN: Midnight in Paris, edp.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Bond Andy Warhol today. It's been a long day ...

Hugs to all.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hi, Y'all. Been away for a while. It has been one of those weeks. Am wearing Yatagan.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Carven Homme tonight.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

My mom is in the hospital tonight, she had a blocked carotid artery. The doctor put a stent in but they need to keep her overnight. Both of my sisters and my brother were there with her the entire time. I was the one texting every couple of minutes to get updates.

No scent during the day today. Sofie woke up with an established basilar artery migraines. She agreed to take the Imitrex right away, so I knew it was really bad.

She's much improved tonight.

SotE is ELDO Rosy d' Palma I'm craving incense and rose. Any successful combos you can recommend?
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Blog Entries

SOTD: Castile by Penhaligon's.