Code of Conduct

Default New Pal Zileri Cuoio (a cheaper Tuscan Leather) & FOUGERE e LEGNI (a cheaper Burberry Brit)

Today tried the new two fragrances from Pal Zileri and was extremely impressed.
    I looked for the fragrance that will be similar to TF Tuscan Leather but will cost cheaper and be available in the shops in Russia. Pal Zileri Cuoio is that one! It costs about $50 for 50 ml and very very similar to TL, maybe a bit sweeter. The longevity is also notable.

Fougere e Legni smells like a manlier version of powdery Burberry Brit. The sillage & longevity are above average.

FOUGERE e LEGNI
    A woody soul for this refined masculine fragrance, characterized by the contrast between aromatic top notes and warm sensual bottom notes. The fragrance opens with spicy and citrus accents enhanced by a coffee note. For the heart a sophisticated spicy-floral accord with jasmin, cinnamon and rosewood. On the base, precious woody notes - Atlas cedarwood, patchouli and sandalwood - combined with the sensual comfort of musk.

CUOIO
    An opening of Thyme and Saffron enlivened with Raspberry introduces an Incense-Jasmine heart. The leathery masculine dry-down is garbed in an Ambry-Wood accord and a ‘suede’ note.

PAL-ZILERI-COLLEZIONE-PRIVATA-CUOIO.jpg
    Last edited by AntonPan; 11th October 2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Watch my recent video reviews of
    Prada Luna Rossa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dv7TAmfrA
    Dior Homme Cologne 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvutqcq00y4

Default Re: New Pal Zileri Cuoio (a cheaper Tuscan Leather) & FOUGERE e LEGNI (a cheaper Burberry Brit)

Curious to try the one that smells like TL

Is it available in North America?
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Default Re: New Pal Zileri Cuoio (a cheaper Tuscan Leather) & FOUGERE e LEGNI (a cheaper Burberry Brit)

Has anyone else tried these new Pal Zileri fragrances? Opinions?

I can't find these in the US, they are impossible to find. Can anyone help with that?

I don't believe they're available through any US distributors. I purchased a few bottles of Cuoio with no problems through a boutique in Italy. I don't have the name handy, but I'll update this post with their contact info once I find it.

By the way, Cuoio is virtually indistinguishable from Tuscan Leather. The bottle and the packaging are top notch, too. There's almost no reason to buy TL at all except if you want to tell people you're wearing Tom Ford and wasted all of that extra money.

I'm not much for pretense. It's Cuoio for me.

Pinnacos

P.S. I'll be buying Fougere e Legni and Essenza di Aoud with my next order, as well.
    Last edited by Pinnacos; 18th May 2014 at 12:38 AM.

A cheaper Burberry Brit? Is it free? LOL.

I have a bottle of Viaggio d'Africa.
    The similarity to Vetiver Tonka by Hermes is striking.
    If you like the Hermes, definitely give this a try.

Really wonder how close Cuoio is to TL... Anyone else tried this fragrance?
    My niche and designer decant thread (Atelier, Frapin, Creed, Christian Lacroix, Ferre etc): http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....9f250dfc84af37

you can find Cuoio & essenza di Aoud at a very good price on allbeauty.com (21.75 pounds for 100 ml).

AllBeauty.com does not ship fragrances (from the UK) to the US. It's a bummer because their prices are the best of seen for the Pal Zileri fragrances.

Pinnacos

Ahh ok, i didn't check that as i saw that they ship to most of Europe and to many other smaller islands, didn't even think they don't have some alternative for the US.

Pulled the trigger for the two mentioned above.

Fragrancenet also has good prices for the line, but they do not have the more recent releases of the private collection, but only the four ones from 2010.

A real shame none of these are available in the U.S., but Viaggio d'Africa is so easy to find. Viaggio is great, but maybe it doesn't sell well enough for anyone else to pick up the rest of the Pal Zileri line?

Maybe someone from one of the online retailers that carries Pal Zileri will see this thread and make it happen; I would instantly buy Cuoio based on how great Viaggio is.

Fragrancenet and Fragrancex, i hope you are listening!
    Last edited by sidewinder; 12th June 2014 at 06:28 PM.

Cuoio just arrived and tested it for the past few days. I confirm: it is extremely close to Tuscan Leather (just a little bit sweeter maybe). Good performances. If you enjoy Tuscan Leather and you find this one, buy it because you will like it. Not to mention that it is so cheap. I bought it from here for less than 22 pounds:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pal-Zileri...item2c850ab0d7
    Last edited by Sylver; 28th June 2014 at 05:19 PM.

There are quite a few Tuscan Leather clones (Monotheme Leather, Golden Boy, La Yuqawam) which are all cheaper and are very good for their prices. I have Colonia Purissima which is a fresh, bright cologne that's great for the price.
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧UK Sale Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for sale UK✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermès Parfum
    10) LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Just got Cuoio and Essenza di Aoud.

Cuoio:
    As already mentioned by others this is indeed very similar to Tuscan Leather which I tested a few times in a store. To me though this is less sweet than TL while according to the OP it's sweeter. Noses all are different I guess. This is a quite in your face suede like leather with the jasmin-raspberry combo nicely blended in being constantly on the background. The fragrance is pretty linear imo and the base is heavy (cedar?!) wood with a light ambery touch with the (suede) leather being prominent. To me the drydown of TL was sweeter with a more prominent jasmin-rasperry accord. This is 100% masculine, no doubt about that and a fall-winter only fragrance as far as I am concerned. For the €27 I payed this is a must heave for TL lovers! High quality stuff that smells very luxurious and expensive!

Essenza di Aoud:

Official description: A tribute to Aoud wood, Black Aoud reveals a woody-oriental construction with a slightly smoky facet. Spices soften the top of the fragrance, then meet notes of Cashmere Woods and Incense. Black Aoud and Cedar Wood with an Ambry- Musk accord compose the trail. (this is all a little vague to me........'smokey facet'?, Spices? being not clear on the exact notes)

This is heavy stuff! It starts very bitter with a sharp oud smell but it opens up pretty quickly and becomes very nice! It reminded me after 20 mins of Lyric for Men by Amouage as I definitely smell rose in this. But as I sold the Lyric for men as being way too feminine to me, this stuff is way more masculine being joined by a heavy oud (and some patchouli most probably as I am sure I smell that as well) and a heavy cedar wood joined by amber and musk. Some women can maybe pull this off though! This is like a heavier, darker (the added oud) and way more masculine Lyric version to me and actually maybe this smells a little more like Montale Black Aoud as this has also a dirty rose smell (to me!) and many of the Montale reviews fit in for this fragrance as well! Problem is, I never smelled the Montale so it's just a guess but Zaleri's fragrances are almost all alike other gems (the 'Viaggio D'Africa' is a copy of Vetiver Tonka by Hermes as Cuoio is of Tuscan Leather etc.) hence my comparison. Anyway, this also smells like a million bucks and way more masculine than feminine.

Both projection and longevity of both these fragrances are far above average and for fall-winter only! Essenza di Aoud being the strongest.
    Both are absolutely worth purchasing for what they cost, looking at their quality!

Anybody who also smelled Essenza di Aoud and can say what it is exactly similar to?
    Last edited by Slayerized; 7th July 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Body chemistry is a fun thing...the Aoud is totally gone from my skin in under 4 hours....:-)
    Cuoio on the other hand kicks a mean punch!
    Matz Ridderstrom
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Cuoio:
    For the €27 I payed this is a must heave for TL lovers! High quality stuff that smells very luxurious and expensive!
    I see that you are from the Netherlands.
    Where did you buy it for this price and how much is shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Matz Ridderstrom View Post
    Body chemistry is a fun thing...the Aoud is totally gone from my skin in under 4 hours....:-)
    Cuoio on the other hand kicks a mean punch!
    Matz Ridderstrom
    Stockholm
    Matz@

To what fragrance is Essenza di Aoud similar? I am sure it is quite similar to Montale Black Aoud?!
    It lasts on me 8+ hrs of which 5 a s a skin scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    I see that you are from the Netherlands.
    Where did you buy it for this price and how much is shipping?
    Like is said in Post #8 at allbeaty!

http://www.allbeauty.com/aftershave/pal-zileri

Shipping costs go from 3-10 pounds depending on the delivery speed and/or tracking.

http://www.allbeauty.com/delivery.php

I have only tried the Montale once but as I recall it was much stronger with a strong, almost chemical note and not resembling the AOUD.
    I like the AOUD better but it leaves me too quickly.

Cheers
    Matz

Thanks for the info...........the more reviews I read about Montale Black Aoud, the more they describe what Essenza di Aoud smells like to me though, but of course not as strong and lasting as the Montale.

May have to give this a try for £20, thanks.