Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which is the better creamy leather scent?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cuir Beluga

5 16.67%
  • Cuir Pleine Fleur

11 36.67%
  • Cuir Ottoman

11 36.67%
  • Charles Street

1 3.33%
  • Armani Prive Cuir

2 6.67%

Default If you had to pick one of these leather scents which one would it be and why?

I am currently looking forward a creamy leather scent to add to my wardrobe. I am currently infatuated with Cuir Beluga but I find the scent a little more feminine than I would like. While I would find this scent stunning on a woman I am not sure I would want to smell like this. Currently I have got a short list to do some more sampling of which includes:
    1. Cuir Pleine Fleur
    2. Cuir Ottoman
    3. Charles Street
    4. Armani Prive Cuir Noir
    As always, you guys and girls here on Basenotes have always steered me in the right direction...

Thanks!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Default Re: If you had to pick one of these leather scents which one would it be and why?

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    I am currently looking forward a creamy leather scent to add to my wardrobe. I am currently infatuated with Cuir Beluga but I find the scent a little more feminine than I would like. While I would find this scent stunning on a woman I am not sure I would want to smell like this.
    Dude, I felt the exact same way. I got a smokin deal on Cuir Beluga, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it for myself and to be honest I have trouble finding occasion to wear it, but I do luv how it smells.

Default Re: If you had to pick one of these leather scents which one would it be and why?

Cuir Ottoman IMO.

I voted for Cuir pleine fleur, but if I were to choose a creamy leather, I'd go for the supersmooth saffrony suede of ELdO Tom of Finland.

cacio

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Cuir Pleine Fleur. I prefer my leathers dusted with subtle florals.

Cuir Ottoman. The best from your list and one of the best leathers period. Second for me would be CPF, but I like a little more punch from my leather than this one offers.

Definitely Cuir Ottoman for me - my favorite leather.

Cuir Pleine Fleur out of those. Cuir Ottoman reminds me to much of this shoe polish that I use and I did not like the overload of raspberry in Charles street and Armani Prive Cuir did not impress.

Out of those, Cuir Pleine Fleur with no hesitation but don't expect a creamy leather. This is a violet-leaf/vetiver/cedarwood combo enriched by a subtle suedey vibe. Very distinctive and extremely wearable. I like (and own) Cuir Ottoman as well but it's definitely more sort of an occasional wear. Sweeter, thicker and, after all, more challenging.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Cuir Ottoman is very nice, but I reckon you'll get better value from Knize Ten, if you haven't already. Bandit is a little too girly and Cuir de Russie smells like rich old woman.

From your list I would say Cuir Ottoman. Cuir Beluga just behind. Almost a toss-up between those two.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Just got my sample of Cuir Beluga and I am going to wear this as my scent of the day tomorrow! Seems a little too feminine for my taste but it is definitely worth a few wearings to figure this one out.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Cuir Pleine Fleur is the best from the choices offered.
    However, I do like Tom Ford Tuscan Leather and Mahon Leather too very much.

Banned

Cuir Pleine Fleur by Heeley - One is initially treated to an enchanting, herbaceous melange. Violet leaf with its marked greenness, akin to grass clippings, couples with the bittersweetness of bergamot as well as the sweetly floral and faintly woody aroma of mimosa. An illusion of a hay-stacked pasture is consummated. Transitioning to the heart, a nascent, leathery castoreum blooms, while lovely black locust adds its indolic, orange blossom flavor and hawthorne imparts its slightly honey and almond aspect to the exquisite opening blend. Immersed in the augmented mixture, the resplendent leather takes on a refined, suede-like aura. An undercurrent of aubepine, with its slightly rose-like odor and anise-like facet, as well as the wintergreen of birch carries the luxurious, leather concoction to the waiting base. The sumptuous leather is lifted by the woody birch, which comes into its own, with its somewhat medicinal and spearmint facets marrying with the earthy grassiness of vetiver as well as the pencil shavings of Virginia cedar. An elegant drydown ensues. A majestic scent for all seasons, this polished, masculine composition has average projection and good longevity, 8-10 hours.

I have all of these except Cuir Beluga, in which the vanilla overpowered the leather.

All of the rest are wonderful with different scent foils to the leather accord. Charles Street is like a light Tuscan Leather. IMO, the Cuir Ottoman (iris/leather) and the Cuir Pleine Fleur (violet/leather) have the strongest leather note. I have not tried Cuir Noir, but to a lesser degree, the Armani Prive Cuir Amethyste is more of a violet leather with more complexity.

For creamy, I would choose the Ottoman for the iris.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I like Pleine Fleur from Heely. It is lightly done and the vetiver and birch woods adds to the leather and violets. It is nice.

Cuir Ottoman - a little too astringent in some way - rubs me the wrong way almost like an allergy or something.
    Armani Cuir Noir - is really an amber scent with nice use of oud and leather - ultimately a little too sweet for me.
    Cuir Beluga - its a nice vanilla with salty leather tones - too sweet.
    Charles St. - not bad. It is not very uplifting to me.
    Heely - this one wears liightly and smells great.

I going to be wearing Cuir Beluga again tomorrow. I will see if I can pull it off. I am not so sure any more but I do think this would be stunning on the opposite sex!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille