Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree is Rich... New Haarlem & Musc Ravageur Rich

So today my 50 ml of Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree arrived in the mail... I have been waiting forever for it... first thing I did was grabbed my Egoiste EDT bottle and sprayed it one wrist, then I sprayed the Egoiste Concentree on the other wrist... took a sniff of the EDT, then took a sniff of the Concentree... WOW! like everyone has stated many times... the concentree is sharper, stronger and darker... while the edt is lighter, brighter and somewhat green now that I'm comparing it to the concentree version ... still both has that Egoiste opening... the rosewood and tangerine opening... after an hr... this is the difference.... the concentree becomes very rich... the best comparison is New Haarlem and Musc Ravageur kind of rich... like an EDP... now it has been about 4 hrs now and the Egoiste EDT is starting to calm down, and the concentree is still going strong... overall, I'm so glad I picked up a bottle of concentree... nevertheless, the EDT is still a great fragrance... i will keep both... but will use the EDT more frequently and the concentree only on special occasion... my initial score for Chanel Egoiste Concentree is a perfect 10... it is worth every penny in my opinion....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree is Rich... New Haarlem & Musc Ravageur Rich

Love Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree.

Default Re: Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree is Rich... New Haarlem & Musc Ravageur Rich

Thr dry down of egoiste concentree smells kind of like new haarlem...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Great comparison / analysis!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Make sure not to overspray it. I usually just do 1/2 spray on each side of the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Make sure not to overspray it. I usually just do 1/2 spray on each side of the neck.
    Thanks for the tips.... i will use it sparingly because it's rare too
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Basenotes Member

Where did you get it form?
    Is it at all like Encre Noire? Have you tried, and do you like, Encre Noir? I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpucha View Post
    Is it at all like Encre Noire? Have you tried, and do you like, Encre Noir? I hope not.
    No, it's not like encre noire... and yes i do own encre noire too... it's much better than encre noire
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Basenotes Member

I see, good to hear. I read someone say that it kind of smelled like Encre Noir. Cheerio.

I see, good to hear. I read someone say that it kind of smelled like Encre Noir. Cheerio.
    I dont see the comparison at all....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Perhaps you are confusing with a different Chanel product - Sycomore? That is almost the same as Encre Noir.

I just spent a while last night realizing how difficult it will be to get my hands on this Egoiste Cologne Concentree. You all got my hopes up for a new thing to try, and now it looks like I will have to stick to the EDT.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

It's more similar to Opium Pour Homme EDP, but Egoiste CC is smoother.

The Concentree is great. It's definitely worth every penny if one can find it.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Perhaps you are confusing with a different Chanel product - Sycomore? That is almost the same as Encre Noir.
    You're right, I did mix the two up.

Where did you purchase?

Thanks for the suggestion! Included on my "to try" list right now.

I tried the newest Egoiste at the mall the other day. The overall feeling is there - but it is clearly a shell of it's former self. The rosewood is different. The way the spices dance around the rosewood is different. Almost as if they are out of sequence.
    Last edited by neal; 1st November 2012 at 07:02 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Congrats change1!

You will notice more differences between the original and the Concentree when you smell them separately, not at the same time. You'll detect more nuances when not overwhelmed with both, since both are so powerful from just one spray. If you could put some on a head of a toothpick and swab it on, then perhaps I would say you could smell them together (I'm not advocating this), but give both a full wearing and post your thoughts on this thread.

I'm a fan of both.

Just recently, I got a bottle split of some of the original. I wore 1 spray (sprayed it right above my belly button), under a undershirt and a Polo and a blazer in my office, and I could smell it clearly at my desk. This is the NEW juice on shelves. And without those annoying, hissy, HUGE-amber base notes that all of the current oriental masculines all feature that I am hyperosmic to and drives me crazy.

Chanel outdid themselves with this scent. Be glad you have the Best of the best fragrance, with the Concentree change 1. Rock on!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Manofomega View Post
    Where did you purchase?
    I got it off ebay... seems like the only place i can find it once in a while...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Congrats change1!

You will notice more differences between the original and the Concentree when you smell them separately, not at the same time. You'll detect more nuances when not overwhelmed with both, since both are so powerful from just one spray. If you could put some on a head of a toothpick and swab it on, then perhaps I would say you could smell them together (I'm not advocating this), but give both a full wearing and post your thoughts on this thread.

I'm a fan of both.

Just recently, I got a bottle split of some of the original. I wore 1 spray (sprayed it right above my belly button), under a undershirt and a Polo and a blazer in my office, and I could smell it clearly at my desk. This is the NEW juice on shelves. And without those annoying, hissy, HUGE-amber base notes that all of the current oriental masculines all feature that I am hyperosmic to and drives me crazy.

Chanel outdid themselves with this scent. Be glad you have the Best of the best fragrance, with the Concentree change 1. Rock on!
    Thanks, i'm loving it.... one of my best fragrance in my collection
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Does anyone know where to buy this online or in NYC ? It doesn't show up on the Chanel website.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Does anyone know where to buy this online or in NYC ? It doesn't show up on the Chanel website.

Thanks
    Edit: I thought you were talking about the EDT... As for the Cologne Concentree, I've only found bottles on eBay.

Thanks ! They don't sell it on their website for some reason.

Can you tell me how much it is for what size and even more importantly IS IT ALL THAT ? I have huge expectations for this.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Thanks ! They don't sell it on their website for some reason.

Can you tell me how much it is for what size and even more importantly IS IT ALL THAT ? I have huge expectations for this.
    I believe it's been discontinued many years ago. I've only seen one brand new bottle on eBay, and it auctioned for more than $200(!) So, most of the bottles that you'll see on eBay are used ones. I got my bottles from a private collector on eBay last year; 2 used 50% full 1.7 oz bottles for $75. I've also seen used 3.4 oz bottles for around $100.

As for the scent, it's a richer and very smooth and elegant version of the EDT with even greater projection and longevity. And it's one of the best masculine fragrances I've ever worn.

I want this stuff so bad
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

I have this in the 15 miniature bottle. I personally think it's terrible. It's got this bitter medicine note, reminds me of those old liquid green paracetamol syrup when I was a kid. It is rich and I can smell a sweet woody note on the dry down but there a bitter medicine note that lingers, I hate it. Only keeping it for novelty purposes.

I am doing a side by side comparison right now of the EDT and the Concentree and its unbelievable how much richer, darker and stronger the concentree is. I have a small bowl of whole coffee beans that I am inhaling from in between sniffs so I dont overload my nose. I have to say though that the EDT is probably a more versatile scent and more easily worn day to day as it is not as overbearing and powerful. Both are wonderful but if I had to choose one it would be the concentree. I only wear it on special occasions when I want to be noticed. I think I need to re-invest in the EDT though. I wish everyone who is searching for this the best of luck in finding a reasonable legitimate deal somewhere!!!

Basenotes Plus

Egoiste Cologne Concentree is one of the best winter fragrances for men. A fabulous, rich, spicy scent that projects tremendously and has near day-long longevity. If you can find it, buy it. Yes, it is expensive, but it is head and shoulders superior to most niche fragrances that sell at the same price point (or even double the price point).