Code of Conduct

Default The strongest and weakest projecting fragrances in your collection.

Here's what I want you to do:

1. Name your top 3 strongest projecting fragrances that you have at the moment, with number 1 being the strongest.

2. Write down how strong it actually is and for how long it projects.

3. Name your top 3 weakest projecting fragrance that you have at the moment, with number 1 being the weakest.

To make this whole ting a bit harder, you can't name these fragrances:

JPG - Le Male
    Joop! - Joop! Homme
    Therry Mugler - A*Men/Angel Men
    Paco Rabane - One Million

Have fun!

Sound Scents

Default Re: The strongest and weakest projecting fragrances in your collection.

Strongest: vintage Giorgio for Men, Giorgio VIP for Men, Bogart pour Homme (all three of these are absolute monster projectors and project for hours on end)
    Weakest: Trumper's Extract of West Indian Limes, Eau d'Orange Verte, Concentree d'Orange Verte
    Last edited by drseid; 12th December 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Excluding the forbidden 4:

Strongest: (In order of strength)

1. Lapidus Pour Homme (Nuclear)
    2. 24 Gold (So strong a cashier behind the checkout counter thought the guy in front of me was wearing it)
    3. Puredistance M (At 25% of concentrated oils, it's the technically the strongest fragrance in my collection, but even this perfume extrait is no match for my Lapidus EDT)

Honorable mentions: Oud Ispahan (Literally can't breathe well if I wear it on the front of my neck) Tom Ford Private Blend line, Rose 31, Terre D'Hermes Pure Parfum, Old Spice, Original Santal, and Fierce

Weakest:

1. 4711 Eau de Cologne
    2. John Varvatos original
    3. Set Sail St. Barts

Dishonorable mentions: D&G The One Gentleman, Pure Shot, Coconut Lime Verbena, and Tom Ford for Men
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Strongest: Pure Havane, Knize Ten, Royal Delight. Weakest: Eau d'Orange Verte, Eau d'Orange Verte, Eau d'Orange Verte.

Strongest: DHI, FLEUR DU MALE; OPIUM EDP, A*MEN PURE LEATHER
    weakest: none that i have

Do parfums count?

My weakest fragrance is definately CK Be, which is little more than scented water. Even directly after a very generous spray I need to bury my nose in it to detect anything, and without fail it dissapears within a handful of minutes.

My strongest is probably BAV Parfum. A single drop and you cannot escape the smell; the entire room will be thick with it. Much of this could be the sheer intensity and density of the notes themselves, but even so if you compare the Parfum to the EDT you'll see what I mean. It's insane.

Honorable mention goes to Sables, especially given that it's an EDT. Projection is solid although it's not going to fill an entire room, but longevity is honestly beyond the scope of anything I've come across with the exception of a couple of EDPs that cost three or four times as much. I've had this last a week in the past. Through numerous showers, and I'm talking about applying it to skin. I can't overstate how much I love this fragrance, but even for me it's a mixed blessing.

I mean I wouldn't dare spritz it on my pillow or sheets or on clothes. Moreover I really need to think it over before applying it unless I just want to apply the tiniest amount. Once I've put on two or three sprays I'm going to smell of Sables for at least the next twelve hours because I've never been able to make it dissapear so quickly, not with bathing, not with alchohol wipes or toners, and even spraying over it is ill-advised. Right now it's nine past midnight, Monday morning and I can still smell Sables two feet away from my wrist thanks to a gentle application made on Saturday morning and in spite of the two showers since.
    Last edited by Miket; 9th December 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Lapidus this borders bearable and unwearable.
    Kouros what more do I need to say?
    Borgart PH first hours are crazy
    L'eau D'Issey it just doesn't know when to stop.

Zanzibar Soft spoken.
    Dunhill For Men 1934 a gentleman amongst hooligans.
    Boss XY gave it to my daughter.

Strongest:

Polo green
    Salvador Dali PH or One Man Show (tie)
    VanCleef & Arpels pour homme

Weakest:
    Avon Black Suede or Mesmerize (tie)
    D&G The One
    Bvlgari Black or Aqua di Gio (tie)

Kilian BtB, Invasion Barbare, Tobacco Vanille

Divine L'homme sage, ?, ? (I get rid of the ones that are weak)

Strongest:
    TF Tobacco Vanille
    OPIUM EDP
    Bond No. 9 New York Amber

Weakest:
    Cartier Pasha Fraicheur Menthe
    Dior Homme Cologne
    Liz Claiborne Curve for Men
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Strongest: Knize Ten, Antaeus, Drakkar Noir, Versace l'Homme, Racine Ecuador by RL, Halston Z14, Gucci Envy for Men
    Weakest: 4711, Daniel Hechter XXL, Horizon by Guy Laroche, Yves Rocher Fraicheur Vegetale Eau de Cedre Bleu

Strongest:

Lush Dirty - 4 sprays and the scent cloud is massive. Even the Body spray has nuclear projection.
    Bleecker Street - very strong on my skin and it lasts forever.
    Horizon - I can smell this stuff miles away.
    Bogart Pour Homme - Name speaks for itself.

Weakest:

Vetiver Tonka, Sycomore, Lalique White, and CDG Vettiveru. Note: I have a hard time smelling vetiver.

Strongest - Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. Lasts 24 hours at the very least.

Weakest - Topman no. 27. It was only 15 for 100ml, but that's still a pound for every minute I get from this fragrance. Absolutely pathetic.

Strongest:

1. Lapidus Pour homme: 10-15 hrs, Projection: 10 miles away.
    2. Giorgio by beverly hills: 8-10 hrs, Projection: 5 miles away.
    3. Red by Beverly Hills: 6-10 hrs, Projection:2 miles away.

Weakest:

1. Platinum Eoigist: I have to spray like a monster to get noticed. 3 hrs tops on my skin.
    2.Metro black by rue 21: Not bad but not good either compared to above.
    3.soul 2 soul by tim mcgraw: it was so bad I took it back to the store.

Strongest:
    1) Back to Black--by FAR
    2) Obsession for Men
    3) GIT

Weakest:
    1) Polo Black
    2) Chanel pour Monsieur
    3) Azzaro pour Homme
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Strongest: Giorgio for Men (easily lasts 24 hours), B*Men, Pure Havane.

Weakest: Jean Marie Farina (only to be expected, it is a citrus EDC), Paul Smith for Men (smells great, while it lasts) L'Eau par Kenzo PH

Strongest: No. 1 Pure Parfum - Clive Christian

Weakest: Prince de Galles - Prince de Galles

Weakest:
    1) Polo Black
    2) Chanel pour Monsieur
    3) Azzaro pour Homme
    Wow, if Azzaro PH is one of your weakest you must love super-charged scents, or maybe it's a chemistry thing. I know it's no monster but I find it's sillage and longevity damn respectable.

- - - Updated - - -

Weakest:
    1) Polo Black
    2) Chanel pour Monsieur
    3) Azzaro pour Homme
    Wow, if Azzaro PH is one of your weakest you must love super-charged scents, or maybe it's a chemistry thing. I know it's no monster but I find it's sillage and longevity damn respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post

It does fine for me. I'm not complaining about it...but he asked for three, and of the frags I have, its longevity is the third lowest on me.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Quote Originally Posted by Teach13 View Post
    It does fine for me. I'm not complaining about it...but he asked for three, and of the frags I have, its longevity is the third lowest on me.
    I was asking for projection, but thanks for sharing your picks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Strongest: Knize Ten, Antaeus, Drakkar Noir, Versace l'Homme, Racine Ecuador by RL, Halston Z14, Gucci Envy for Men
    Weakest: 4711, Daniel Hechter XXL, Horizon by Guy Laroche, Yves Rocher Fraicheur Vegetale Eau de Cedre Bleu
    Horizon weak and Gucci Envy strong??!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Blog Entries

Strongest:
    Amouage Tribute lasts 24hrs, projects to the outer reaches of the solar system
    Montale Dark Aoud 12+hrs, arms length,
    Bond no. 9 NY Amber 12+ hrs projects arms length

Weakest: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet 2-3hrs, 6inch projection
    Penhaligon's Quercus 2-3hrs, 6inch projection
    Eternity for Men 3hrs, elbow length
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    I was asking for projection, but thanks for sharing your picks anyway!
    You're right...screwed that up. Replace Azzaro with Eternity for Men.

Strongest

One Man Show Gold (This is another dimension, nothing come even close to it) 24 hours with 3 sprays, with 6 hours of madness sillage
    Tobacco Vanille 18 hours and it still with moderated sillage
    Red Aoud Another one that still with sillage after more than 16 hours

Honorable mention to the Dior Oud fragrances. While the Ispahan lasts more than 24 hour (with moderated sillage) the Leather projects like a beast, but dont last that much.
    They complement each other quite nicely, and I like both very much.

Weakest

Unforgivable Lasts for less than 2 hours
    4711 Less than 1 hour
    Ck Be Less than 30 minutes
    Last edited by d4N13L; 12th December 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Strongest: Dior Leather Oud, A men and Grey Vetiver
    Weakest Bulgari Black, Thallium and Kanon Norwegian Wood
    Last edited by sjg3839; 12th December 2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: typo

From my collection, the strongest projectors are:

Arooq Al Oud - This one surprised me. Although I can't get past its strong 'blue cheese' top notes (which seem to last for ever) and I don't wear this often, I have never come across a stronger smelling perfume; EVER!. I seem to recall that a card I sprayed with this that was left in my wardrobe, still smelt strongly of this over a week after it had been sprayed; and that was without having to actually smell the card! This one is a BEAST for sure.
    Kouros - The original & best.
    Gucci Pour Homme (2003) - Even after a shower the next morning, I can still pick up traces of this on my arm without having to bury my nose.

The weakest from my collection are:

4711 - As an EDC it really isn't meant to be a projection or longevity beast. I get about 45 minutes weak projection, then it's gone.
    Cerruti Si' - This literally lasts about 20 - 30 minutes on my skin & doesn't project at all!
    Ferragamo Tuscan Soul - I really love this smell, but it has almost no projection or longevity at all. You'd have to bury your nose in your arm to get even the faintest trace of this after 5 or 10 minutes.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

Strongest: A*Men, Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Creed Windsor (may not project as much as the other two, but I can smell it on my skin for almost 24 hours)

Weakest: Creed Silver Mountain Water, Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Last edited by CaliDude; 12th December 2012 at 05:11 AM.

My strongest in my collection are Noir de Noir and Tobacco Vanille, I don't really have any weak ones . The weakest is probably GIT.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Strongest in my wardrobe are:
    Le 3me Homme - Caron
    Vintage Van Cleef & Arples pour Homme
    Giorgio Beverly Hills V.I.P. Special Reserve

Weakest:
    4711 is obvious
    Dolce & Gabbana The One
    Gucci by Gucci pour Homme
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Strongest:
    TF Tobacco Vanille
    TF Amber Absolute

Weakest:
    D&G Light Blue
    D&G The One

Strongest:
    1. Kouros (vintage)
    2. Bijan for men
    3. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme

Weakest:
    1. Gucci pour homme I
    2. Eau de rochas pour homme
    3. Ungaro pour l'homme I
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Banned
    Blog Entries

strong:
    kouros, polo green, new haarlem

weak:
    gucci pour homme ii, bleu de chanel , millesime imperial

Most Projection: Molinard Vanille Patchouli, Joop!, Fleur du Male, Diesel Fuel for Life, Gaultier2, A*Men, Ferragamo F Black pH, Lanvin Oxygen pH.

Least Projection: Dunhill Pure, Jovan Satisfaction, Michael Kors for Men, Baldessarini Ambre, Zirh Ikon, Intimately Beckham, Diavolo
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)