Code of Conduct

Default SoTD Friday 12th Oct 2012

good morning. sotd - santa maria novella tabacco toscano (or as i call it "tobacco vanille done right").
    no pic for it, i decided instead to post a gorgeous pic of a rare perfume, for all the guerlain lovers out there (and i know there are 'a few'). wishing all a good weekend.

Default Re: SoTD Friday 12th Oct 2012

Morning Everyone,

A decadent application of Chanel Cuir de Russie parfum to see me through the day. May even sneak in a spritz or two of the EdT later on.

TGIF !!!

Best to all.

Special choices everybody ^^
    I try to comply in the original Shiseido Rose de Nuit.
    Very busy today, but wine o'clock at night for sure!
    Best to all

Good morning, gentlemen.

A sync is A fragrance you love but hate its Ad (Description). WIll go with YSL Opium (hate them humongous feet). Have nothing to do all morning and am unwell with dripping nose, sneezing and coughing.

Hell all. Its cold and bright here and totally off the wall I am wearing Hermes Un Jardin Sur Toit! Yes a summer garden in the autumn.
    DONNA

Oh Twolf! Get well soon my dear.

Mirroring Donna by wearing Escale a Portofino in the Autumn.
    Beautiful day here also, will go for a long walk shortly.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Feel better soon, Twolf!

Wearing Une Voix Noire today.

Enjoy the weekend, lovelies!

Do happy

Basenotes Plus

Wolfie I hope you feel better soon!

SOTD is Parfums de Nicolai Balkis. Scrumptious!
    Notes include raspberry, Turkish rose, black pepper, coffee extract, iris, benzoin and vanilla

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

L'Artisan Mûre et Musc Cologne.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

(((Wolfie))), wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hats off to 30 Roses today on reaching her 9000th post.

An inspirational BNer and a wonderful mother/daughter - your presence here means a great deal to many. Congrats on an amazing milestone

SotD is Xerjoff Regio.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    good morning. sotd - santa maria novella tabacco toscano (or as i call it "tobacco vanille done right").[/IMG]
    *swoon* Love you Danny. Missed you. Tabacco Toscano is top of my list for my next trip to Italy, probably next spring. It is gorgeous, isn't it? I was wearing Back to Black yesters and I was thinking about TT!! You smell wonderful.

Oh, Wolfies tail is down and she has a hot nose. Not for long hopefully. ((Wolfie)).

Haven't got my sh!t together for the sync today. Sorry bonsai. Anyway, I'm going into town so will go in the nuddy so that I can try something.

Bonjour Mesdames!

Thumbs up Re: SoTD Friday 12th Oct 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I am not synchronized as I quite like the marketing for this one but since it is "cold" today (about 70F) and it's been hot so long I am in another cool weather scent, Like This for Tilda Swinton by Etat Libre DeOrange.

Good morning everyone!

I'm in sync. This was an easy one for me - I've even mentioned it here several times. I can't stand the trashy ad campaign for Dior Addict but I just adore this fragrance. I get it - with that name they'd want to go for an edgy, raw and strung-out feel in the ads, but they're just so vulgar and unappealing to me ...I think they're actually a part of why I avoided it for several years.

So, instead of that sleazy ad, here's another excellent René Gruau illustration for Dior Couture ...I really love this one. Y'all have a great day!

Oh no, ((Wolfie)) - I just hate to hear that you're feeling so icky. You need to rest and take it easy for a few days - just let MrT coddle and pamper you a bit, and rub your feet. That should get you feeling better in no time!

Congratulations 30 Roses - what an impressive milestone! We're lucky to have you!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

At the risk of boring everyone, another Balloon Fiesta vid with fun music!

Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur from a sample today.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Oh Twolf, so sorry to hear your getting sick. Please take care of yourself and get well soon!!!!!!

Congrats, 30 Roses on reaching 9,000 posts!

Wearing Hermes Vanilla Galante this morning. I thought it would be a better choice for a doctor
    appointment. Will be in sync later with Dior Addict, whose advertising is probably my least favorite.

Have a great day!

cello - they're simply amazing!! And that's a great video- thanks for posting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Will be in sync later with Dior Addict, whose advertising is probably my least favorite.
    Hey, how about that? Mine too!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Niagara by Courreges

Rrrgh. Really people that want something for free just makes me mad, all I gotta say..(Ebay, lol).

Sotd..Noir De Noir.
    Last edited by kalli; 12th October 2012 at 03:00 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I'm having a little musk fest this morning: A dab of Bonne Bell Skin Musk oil, and another of Jovan Musk Oil, and a spritz of Kiehl's Original Musk edt over that for good measure. I was considering a dab of Egyptian musk, too, but I stopped at Kiehl's. I can't think of any synch possibilities today. I'm not all that aware of advertising. I seldom read magazines and I never see perfume ads on tv either. I'm a hobbit, I live in the Shire.

(((RHM))), so sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she is doing well today and that poor girl of yours, too. Migraines are just awful. All my best to your family.

(((Twolf))), feel better soon! Please try to get some rest.

Synced in Kelly Caleche. Haven't seen a television ad for this but the print ad misses the mark entirely. Love the scent, though!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Cello, I am loving the balloons! I meant to tell you that yesterday. They are so beautiful. I wish I were brave enough to ride in one -- but I hate heights. I think I just like enjoying them from the ground. Who are the couple (wife is dead now ) who went around wrapping bridges and things in fabric. I forget their names, but the balloons remind me of that sort of HUGE art. What is the music? I love it.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 12th October 2012 at 02:40 PM.

Good afternoon. In lovely Heliotrope by Etro- seriously considering to get a FB very soon!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Azzaro ~ Onyx

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Cello, I am loving the balloons! I meant to tell you that yesterday. They are so beautiful. I wish I were brave enough to ride in one -- but I hate heights. I think I just like enjoying them from the ground. Who are the couple (wife is dead now ) who went around wrapping bridges and things in fabric. I forget their names, but the balloons remind me of that sort of HUGE art. What is the music? I love it.
    Lilybelle, I have no idea about the music. I just found the vid with a youtube search. There are tons of them, as it is a longstanding event and rather sizable.
    There are almost 800 balloons this year! That's how many go up at one time!

I'm wearing Tom Ford White Patchouli, and I can't complain about the ad because my hair is big and wildly curly today, too!

Welcome katesonskates!

Basenotes Plus

Cello, love the balloon footage

SotE - Hermes Hiris.

Glasses ready folks -

Hey all. So good to be back among you! I posted in the sync that I would wear Kelly Caleche, but when I went for it, my hands wandered instead to this present I got last year. I could not resist. It warms my soul. So, I set it up in my kitchen and snapped a quick photo, weird props and all.

I could chew my wrists when I wear this elixir.

Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Basenotes Institution

Yep. I'm addicted...

Anima Dulcis by Arquiste

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Good Evening,

Wishing you a speedy return to good health, Wolfie.
    Congrats on the mammoth milestone, 30 Roses!
    800 balloons, a beautiful Gruauauauauaua illustration and a nekkid Foustie. Awesome

Tabac Blond extrait tonight.
    Best to all.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    There are almost 800 balloons this year! That's how many go up at one time!
    800 enormous balloons at one time...awe inspiring!

KarmaLee, I adore Calèche. You smell delicious.

I'm wearing Chantilly edt by Houbigant this afternoon. I can't help it, my hand automatically reaches for it, and it never ever disappoints, so I wear it all the time now. I enjoy the bright citrussy beginning, the granny powdery florals, and then the vanilla/benzoin drydown. It is supposed to have a leather note, but it is sooo subtle. It is a very delicate leather, almost imperceptible.

Blog Entries

I am not in sync right now (but I already know what I will sync later for tonight) trying another Dior sample, Leather Oud. There are very few leathers that I like (two, to be precise) and very few ouds that I like (not sure how many yet) but this one I can do. It's a serious leather and I do like it. Score!

Get well (((TWolf)))

30 Roses, congratulations! 9,000 posts, OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    800 enormous balloons at one time...awe inspiring!

KarmaLee, I adore Calèche. You smell delicious.

I'm wearing Chantilly edt by Houbigant this afternoon. I can't help it, my hand automatically reaches for it, and it never ever disappoints, so I wear it all the time now. I enjoy the bright citrussy beginning, the granny powdery florals, and then the vanilla/benzoin drydown. It is supposed to have a leather note, but it is sooo subtle. It is a very delicate leather, almost imperceptible.
    Oh, I too adore Chantilly. I only have a bit of very vintage of this one. But I adore it.

Feel better Wolfie!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Basenotes Plus

It's a known fact I strongly object to Tom Ford's overt print ads.
    So much so, I won't purchase a full size bottle of any of his fragrances.

However, he is a very talented guy. The scents which have tempted me the most (and by this I mean to spring for a FB) are: Absolute Amber, Moss Breches, Italian Cypress, Bois Marocain and Noir de Noir.
    Considering there are so many of his I really enjoy, I guess it's a money saving position I'm taking.

SOTD is Absolute Amber (from a decant)
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Good evening and happy wine o'clock for those raising a glass.

I struggled to think of an ad that a) I knew and b) disliked but love the scent. Middle of the night when I woke for a worry I distracted my brain by thinking of perfume ads and thought of the pretentious mini film starting Nicole Kidman and directed by Baz Luhrman. So scent of the day had be the very wonderful No5

Basenotes Plus

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers for my Mom. She's out of cardiac ICU and in a regular room. Everything is going well, her doctors are really please with the surgery.

Cello, I love the balloon videos. St Louis had a balloon festival recently. It was the first one I ever attended. No video but I got some great shots.
    P9156511.jpgP9156512.jpg
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hello again!

I'm in Van Cleef & Arpels Birmane for the afternoon. I guess I'm out of sync now since I don't mind this ad ...although after taking another look, I doubt it won any awards for being one of the best.

Ugh, RHM - I agree, those vulgar Tom Ford for Men ads are the absolute worst!! I rationalized my purchase of Noir de Noir by explaining to myself that it's from another line altogether, lol.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm on bed rest for most of the week, staying with family during (it's no big thing, just routine). My mother thought it would cheer me up to coat the guest bed linens in the vintage Shalimar I recently bought her. Nothing I would ever do, but it's certainly one way to celebrate perfume. If only I had a more decadent attitude like she does. I'm in SMN Potpourri, trying to pay attention to work while bed-ridden. How very sub-Proustian ... 3-2-1 to switching over to reading or movies and saying to hell with it. Hope you're all having nice Fridays.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((RHM)) Just read your post about your mom's stent and Sofie's headache. It's a stressful time for your family. Get some extra sleep if you can.

((Wolfie)) I feel for you! I hate colds. Get lots of fluids-- chicken soup is always good!-- and don't do more work than you absolutely must.

My husband and I slept in until 11:30 this morning! (I got up to see my daughter off to school but then hit the sack again.) Sometimes you just need it.

Thanks for the all congrats on 9000 posts-- Jon noticed it before I did! Every time I reach one of these milestones I look around the house and imagine how much neater it would all be if I spent less time online!

I'm wearing a scented lotion sample of L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. It's highly perfumed, as far as lotions go, and very true to the scent of the liquid fragrance. Really nice scent for fall weather. I like this more than I like JM Blackberry & Bay and I seem to reach for both on the same sort of days.

Oh anomie, you too? Well, it's good that you have your mother taking care of you, with or without the vintage Shalimar, lol ...I actually think that's a very sweet gesture. I hope you feel better real soon!

I haven't seen any ads for a while so... out if synch. Donna Karan Signature.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Oh anomie, you too? Well, it's good that you have your mother taking care of you, with or without the vintage Shalimar, lol ...I actually think that's a very sweet gesture. I hope you feel better real soon!
    Thanks, Evangeline. I'll try to enjoy the break but do tend to get restless. And a get well soon to Twolf too!

And yeah, mom's adorable like that! She must have used up a quarter of the bottle. Like many other women and men, I got my love of perfume from my mom. She has the best nose of anyone I've ever known. Used to try to hide smoking cigarettes from her as a teen: hours and a shower later, "I smell ... ash and smoke." One day I wore Habanita and told her what it was. Then weeks later and paces away "Oh, that must be Habanita again." I should just give up to the master and give her all my perfumes.

Out of sync, but musk twins with lilybelle today in DSH Winter White.

That's good news to hear, RHM. May she continue to steadily improve. More hugs for you, take good care of yourself through this time.

Congratulations 30 Roses! What a milestone! Thank you for all you do for us and BN!

No.5 EDP tonight. Guess I am still in sync. As Alityke's post reminded me, I am really no fan of the un-lifelike Nicole Kidman. Do love the Estella Warren ads that came before hers and Audrey Tatou's, which came after. Chanel really redeemed themselves in my eyes by hiring Ms. Tatou. But those Kidman ads- just, no.
    The nose wants what it wants!

A little bit of (vintage formula) Samsara. Forgot I had it. It was hidden behind something else. Ha!

Happy weekend.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

summer means fireflys

I forgot about the synch today. I'm wearing By Kilian Sweet Redemption.

Sending get-well vibes to all the sickies ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

RHM, I hope your mom is doing well after her stent placement and that your daughter can stay pain free, migraines are the worst.

Anomie et Ivoire, hope you are feeling better, being stuck in bed is no fun either.

SotE is Serge Luten Santal Majuscule.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.

Basenotes Plus

Hey, everybody!
    I just spoke to my Mom and she's doing great. The best part was her telling me how my brother and sisters had everyone laughing all day long. I know that made her very happy.

Sofie is recovered from the migraine from yesterday. We have a big warm up then cool down Saturday night, into Sunday. These climate shifts sometimes trigger her migraines, so we'll take precautions, as best we can.

My honey is home, the kitty cat is not hiding from us anymore. Everything is good.

SOTE is Narciso Rodriguez edp & edt, layered together.

PdE Wazamba tonight, as last night outside I smelled the first fireplace burning - lovely sweet smoke. Wazamba always reminds me of burning pinon fires. Sweet incense. Night all!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTN: Midnight in Paris, edp.

Synced up in Marc Jacobs Bang . I like the scent but could have done without the ready-to-be-pan-roasted-Mr.Jacobs visual.
    Fragrance Omnivore