Code of Conduct

Default Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

I'm sure most of you would've heard about Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani, one of the top sellers around the world since its release in the '90s.

Recently I've read many reviews about 360 Red Men as being almost identical to Acqua Di Gio and most people said it was even better than ADG.

What are your opinions ? and how do they compare in terms of longevity, sillage, projection and compliments ?
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

IMO Acqua Di Gio is much better in every respect.

While I have nothing to offer as an answer, I've read the same thing about those two colognes.

My favorite cologne is Paris Hilton Just Me (for Men), and all the reviews slam it as "another Acqua di Gio knockoff."

I was intrigued and convinced by those statements, and I decided to buy ADG... I was harshly disappointed from the moment I sniffed the tester and the paper I sprayed the fragrance on. I liked the scent, but it was nothing like Just Me. Not even close.

I've always been curious about 360 Red, too.

Sorry for the derail!

Dependent

aqua di gio is just an amazing frag
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

I prefer Perry Ellis 360 Red.
    Unfortunately, my skin tends to make certain aquatics smell bitter. AdG is one of them. I do not get that bitter smell from PE Red. I believe it lasts a bit longer and probably projects better, YMMV.
    Try both, then decide.

Basenotes Junkie

They smell very close, but after wearing 360 red for a while the more synthetic aspects of it become kind of obvious. I think it smells a bit cheaper than AdG, which it is.

I have adg and have come to like it, And i have sampled pe36o and it is in the same bout but with a cinnamon note that i love, I plan on purchasing it after my adg runs out

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndBakeryAttack View Post
    They smell very close, but after wearing 360 red for a while the more synthetic aspects of it become kind of obvious. I think it smells a bit cheaper than AdG, which it is.
    That's really interesting. I've heard that a lot, but on my AdG smells a tad more synthetic. I suppose I have weird skin chemistry...in a good way!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackAdonis View Post
    While I have nothing to offer as an answer, I've read the same thing about those two colognes.

My favorite cologne is Paris Hilton Just Me (for Men), and all the reviews slam it as "another Acqua di Gio knockoff."

I was intrigued and convinced by those statements, and I decided to buy ADG... I was harshly disappointed from the moment I sniffed the tester and the paper I sprayed the fragrance on. I liked the scent, but it was nothing like Just Me. Not even close.

I've always been curious about 360 Red, too.

Sorry for the derail!
    Both Paris Hilton's Just Me and PE 360 Red are great takes on ADG. Just Me and 360 Red were done by the same perfumer and honestly smell nearly identical. The only difference I notice is a slight bit of cinnamon added in 360 Red. But if you love Just Me, I would almost guarantee that you'll enjoy 360 Red.

As far as comparing them with ADG. Yes, they share the same vibe and are certainly related, but I find that ADG leans more floral and oceanic while 360 Red and Just Me emphasize the fruity notes more prominently. I would say ADG is softer and more laid back and airy, while 360 Red and Just Me are more refreshing and bright. Anyway, I own all three and enjoy each.
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 13th October 2012 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    IMO Acqua Di Gio is much better in every respect.
    +1.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Both Paris Hilton's Just Me and PE 360 Red are great takes on ADG. Just Me and 360 Red were done by the same perfumer and honestly smell nearly identical. The only difference I notice is a slight bit of cinnamon added in 360 Red. But if you love Just Me, I would almost guarantee that you'll enjoy 360 Red.

As far as comparing them with ADG. Yes, they share the same vibe and are certainly related, but I find that ADG leans more floral and oceanic while 360 Red and Just Me emphasize the fruity notes more prominently. I would say ADG is softer and more laid back and airy, while 360 Red and Just Me are more refreshing and bright. Anyway, I own all three and enjoy each.
    Exactly what I get, I have 360 red on one arm, and AdG on the other, and I am trying to decide if I am going to sell my AdG.

An interesting comparison would be 360 Red verse Acqua Di Gio Essenza
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

aqua di gio is a better fragrance in all respects.
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post

It's funny reading what you've written months ago and seeing how unclear you might have been.

I bought ADG even though I didn't like the tester.

I figured I'd "warm up" to it, and I still haven't. I let my friends use it if my place is the last place we're at before we go out to the clubs. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    I prefer Perry Ellis 360 Red.
    Unfortunately, my skin tends to make certain aquatics smell bitter.
    That's what ADG does on my skin, forreal.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Love ADG, thought PE Red was very average

Love ADG. Obviously PE360 is copying ADG but OG is always better than knock off

CologneFan85

ADG seems a little to generic IMO, nothing stands out about it. Seems like any other Citrus based frag.

Adg!