Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Just Starting Out Sponsor
  1. #1

    Default Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    I'm sure most of you would've heard about Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani, one of the top sellers around the world since its release in the '90s.

    Recently I've read many reviews about 360 Red Men as being almost identical to Acqua Di Gio and most people said it was even better than ADG.

    What are your opinions ? and how do they compare in terms of longevity, sillage, projection and compliments ?
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    128,437

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    IMO Acqua Di Gio is much better in every respect.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    While I have nothing to offer as an answer, I've read the same thing about those two colognes.

    My favorite cologne is Paris Hilton Just Me (for Men), and all the reviews slam it as "another Acqua di Gio knockoff."

    I was intrigued and convinced by those statements, and I decided to buy ADG... I was harshly disappointed from the moment I sniffed the tester and the paper I sprayed the fragrance on. I liked the scent, but it was nothing like Just Me. Not even close.

    I've always been curious about 360 Red, too.

    Sorry for the derail!

  4. #4
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    killeen texas
    Posts
    1,145

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    aqua di gio is just an amazing frag
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

  5. #5

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    I prefer Perry Ellis 360 Red.
    Unfortunately, my skin tends to make certain aquatics smell bitter. AdG is one of them. I do not get that bitter smell from PE Red. I believe it lasts a bit longer and probably projects better, YMMV.
    Try both, then decide.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    629

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    They smell very close, but after wearing 360 red for a while the more synthetic aspects of it become kind of obvious. I think it smells a bit cheaper than AdG, which it is.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    I have adg and have come to like it, And i have sampled pe36o and it is in the same bout but with a cinnamon note that i love, I plan on purchasing it after my adg runs out

  8. #8

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndBakeryAttack View Post
    They smell very close, but after wearing 360 red for a while the more synthetic aspects of it become kind of obvious. I think it smells a bit cheaper than AdG, which it is.
    That's really interesting. I've heard that a lot, but on my AdG smells a tad more synthetic. I suppose I have weird skin chemistry...in a good way!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackAdonis View Post
    While I have nothing to offer as an answer, I've read the same thing about those two colognes.

    My favorite cologne is Paris Hilton Just Me (for Men), and all the reviews slam it as "another Acqua di Gio knockoff."

    I was intrigued and convinced by those statements, and I decided to buy ADG... I was harshly disappointed from the moment I sniffed the tester and the paper I sprayed the fragrance on. I liked the scent, but it was nothing like Just Me. Not even close.

    I've always been curious about 360 Red, too.

    Sorry for the derail!
    Both Paris Hilton's Just Me and PE 360 Red are great takes on ADG. Just Me and 360 Red were done by the same perfumer and honestly smell nearly identical. The only difference I notice is a slight bit of cinnamon added in 360 Red. But if you love Just Me, I would almost guarantee that you'll enjoy 360 Red.

    As far as comparing them with ADG. Yes, they share the same vibe and are certainly related, but I find that ADG leans more floral and oceanic while 360 Red and Just Me emphasize the fruity notes more prominently. I would say ADG is softer and more laid back and airy, while 360 Red and Just Me are more refreshing and bright. Anyway, I own all three and enjoy each.
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 13th October 2012 at 03:37 AM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    IMO Acqua Di Gio is much better in every respect.
    +1.....

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Both Paris Hilton's Just Me and PE 360 Red are great takes on ADG. Just Me and 360 Red were done by the same perfumer and honestly smell nearly identical. The only difference I notice is a slight bit of cinnamon added in 360 Red. But if you love Just Me, I would almost guarantee that you'll enjoy 360 Red.

    As far as comparing them with ADG. Yes, they share the same vibe and are certainly related, but I find that ADG leans more floral and oceanic while 360 Red and Just Me emphasize the fruity notes more prominently. I would say ADG is softer and more laid back and airy, while 360 Red and Just Me are more refreshing and bright. Anyway, I own all three and enjoy each.
    Exactly what I get, I have 360 red on one arm, and AdG on the other, and I am trying to decide if I am going to sell my AdG.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    An interesting comparison would be 360 Red verse Acqua Di Gio Essenza
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

  13. #13
    Dependent southerngardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evans, Georgia
    Posts
    1,456
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    aqua di gio is a better fragrance in all respects.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

  14. #14

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Both Paris Hilton's Just Me and PE 360 Red are great takes on ADG. Just Me and 360 Red were done by the same perfumer and honestly smell nearly identical. The only difference I notice is a slight bit of cinnamon added in 360 Red. But if you love Just Me, I would almost guarantee that you'll enjoy 360 Red.

    As far as comparing them with ADG. Yes, they share the same vibe and are certainly related, but I find that ADG leans more floral and oceanic while 360 Red and Just Me emphasize the fruity notes more prominently. I would say ADG is softer and more laid back and airy, while 360 Red and Just Me are more refreshing and bright. Anyway, I own all three and enjoy each.
    It's funny reading what you've written months ago and seeing how unclear you might have been.

    I bought ADG even though I didn't like the tester.

    I figured I'd "warm up" to it, and I still haven't. I let my friends use it if my place is the last place we're at before we go out to the clubs. LOL.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    I prefer Perry Ellis 360 Red.
    Unfortunately, my skin tends to make certain aquatics smell bitter.
    That's what ADG does on my skin, forreal.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Love ADG, thought PE Red was very average

  17. #17
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Love ADG. Obviously PE360 is copying ADG but OG is always better than knock off

  18. #18
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    ADG seems a little to generic IMO, nothing stands out about it. Seems like any other Citrus based frag.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Adg!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    My first fragrance I bought was Aqua Di Gio. I just got a 6.7 of Perry Ellis Red for 22 bucks. Yes ADG does ADG better and richer but I like something about PE RED it doesnt seem too cheap to me and I welcome that cinnamon simmering in the background. i like that fire that burn and frankly I wish there was more of it. Like those red hot candies in the same form as the butterscotch. Yes I'm a bit tired of ADG on the whole and have now bought a bunch of rich fragrances and coming back to this is a nice change of pace. Almost, palette cleansing.... sorry for reviving a dead thread but this thread requires 2 frags and it didnt look like everyone in here had both of them so maybe this thread should remain open and people can post in it when they purchase both of these and can comment on the comparison.

    As far as longevity and projection(not beasts but the nature of the fragrance is very bright and therefore penetrating) I think they are almost equal(neither are lacking) maybe Red lasts a little longer as some have suggested. This would require a lot of long tests. I'm not sure I can commit that much time to this comparison but maybe in a few weeks I'll have a better idea and be able to post a definitive answer.
    Last edited by iCeOL8TR; 15th January 2016 at 11:53 PM.

  21. #21
    Basenotes Junkie xoxoMyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    540

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Quote Originally Posted by iCeOL8TR View Post
    My first fragrance I bought was Aqua Di Gio. I just got a 6.7 of Perry Ellis Red for 22 bucks. Yes ADG does ADG better and richer but I like something about PE RED it doesnt seem too cheap to me and I welcome that cinnamon simmering in the background. i like that fire that burn and frankly I wish there was more of it. Like those red hot candies in the same form as the butterscotch. Yes I'm a bit tired of ADG on the whole and have now bought a bunch of rich fragrances and coming back to this is a nice change of pace. Almost, palette cleansing.... sorry for reviving a dead thread but this thread requires 2 frags and it didnt look like everyone in here had both of them so maybe this thread should remain open and people can post in it when they purchase both of these and can comment on the comparison.

    As far as longevity and projection(not beasts but the nature of the fragrance is very bright and therefore penetrating) I think they are almost equal(neither are lacking) maybe Red lasts a little longer as some have suggested. This would require a lot of long tests. I'm not sure I can commit that much time to this comparison but maybe in a few weeks I'll have a better idea and be able to post a definitive answer.
    Welcome!

    And no worries about "bumping" an "old thread."

    If you enjoy AdG/360 Red, you should check out Just Me for Men by Paris Hilton. It comes in a black and clear bottle. It opens up with the same fizzy opening as 360 Red but gets more "skin-like" as it wears on. It was my clubbing scent years ago.

    I don't enjoy AdG on myself as I find it sour and just harsh. Most of its clones do a much better job at what it does.
    Never leave the house without six sprays.

    My Top 5:
    1. Xeryus Rouge (vintage)
    2. Perry Ellis "m"
    2. Womanity
    3. CK Eternity Now for Men
    5. Fracas

  22. #22

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    On a fan of adg either smells too bland almost like nothing... Yet to try 360 red might buy some when it heats up but who knows lol. Anyone know were to sample

    Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

  23. #23

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    They are very similar the cinnamon is a minor difference. If you don't like ADG then you probably wont like Red either. They aren't at the top of my list but they are a nice change of pace. Different from other the other aquatics I have. Really if you were wearing Red no one would know the difference. That and for 200mL only 22 bucks its ridiculously cheap.

  24. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    I own both ADG and 360 Red. Maybe I'm nuts but I don't think they smell that similar. I think ADG is way better. I think Perry Ellis 360 Red smells similar to a different cologne in my collection (Derek Jeter's Driven).
    Currently wearing: Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

  25. #25

    Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red Men VS Acqua Di Gio

    Perry ellis last longer on me and more spicier.

Similar Threads

  1. Perry Ellis 360 Red = Crushes Acqua di Gio
    By Dudester! in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 8th September 2011, 08:31 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th February 2011, 11:08 PM
  3. Perry Ellis 18
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd May 2007, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000