Code of Conduct

Default Maybe not your HG, but your most interesting

I think anyone who has several frags feels the same way. When you initially purchase a new frag, it's the best thing since cooked bread. After a while, you wonder what made you buy it in the first place. I feel ya bro!

Default Re: Maybe not your HG, but your most interesting

I don't own them nor would I but I sampled Dzing and Dzongka..however that last one is spelled, don't wanna look it up, lol! Both were interesting, had lots going on, especially Dzing..but wouldn't own them. Though Dzing was memorable. The cinnamon note I liked. Too much leather though. Just not my things in the end.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I find La Nuit by Paco Rabanne fascinating although I can't imagine ever wearing it in public.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

probably vintage Caron's Nuit de Noel. The Mousse de Saxe base both confounds and fascinates me like a dusty-almost-moldy book in a language I don't know how to read but with gorgeous illustrations. The opening is eerie and a bit horror movie suspense on my skin while the twelve hours plus later drydown is grandly self-indulgently melancholic. I dread putting the stuff on my skin though. Must be in a helluvah mood. Christmas? Pssh.

Another major contender for the Most Interesting in my Wardrobe (though certainly both good and bad interesting): Montana Parfum de Peau in the older formula. Similarly overly complicated and menacingly animalistic like Nuit de Noel but in a louder way. Parfum de Peau always smells so engagingly aggressive and intelligent like a mad slam poet to me. Also slightly dread putting it on at first.

I have had multiple samples and a rollerball of Hanae Mori, but I won't commit to a full bottle. I think it's because I have a full bottle of Vera Wang Princess Night, and they smell pretty much the same.

I am also on the fence about getting Acqua di Parma - Mandorlo di Sicilia. Most places around here and online are selling 5 oz bottles, and there is no way I will go through a whole bottle. I guess I could split with someone or swap it, but eh...

My vote would be Narcisse Noir, vintage extrait. I owned it. Then sold it. Now regret it. I love/hate NN.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham