Code of Conduct

Default Spicebomb Reversal

Fall came to Chicago a little earlier this year and the weather has been great and cool...so I usually have London or TdH. Anyways, I have this Sephora I go to downtown for face stuff and I always make it a habit to go through and test even the the most worn out stuff over and over to make sure I still like/hate. I've really only changed once...TdH. This time they had Spicebomb. The first 2 times I tried it I got Cinnamon Dentyne gum and that was it. So I never thought about it. Yesterday it really developed on me. The whole walk back to my office I got alot more tobacco and vanilla(which I'm assuming is the tonka bean here). I really enjoyed it and got wafts of it all day. So with a sample they made me I'm giving it a full wearing today and it is perfect for this weather. The only issue I'm having with it is that I'm not sure if its that big of a difference from London. In fact I get this weird Dreamer/London combo feel from it sometimes. Overall I find this close to bottleworthy so I'm glad I went and tested again. As for reviews..It doesn't get sweet on me at all like I have read for others.

Side note: YSL L'Homme. Never liked it because it was powdery on me..a no no for me. However the SA was very knowledgeable on men's fragrances and even liked wearing some. She sprayed it on herself and it was less feminine on her than me. In fact it was pretty woodsy. Disappointing that doesn't happen with me.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Spicebomb Reversal

I'd go back and pick up a bottle of Spicebomb. It's good stuff IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'd go back and pick up a bottle of Spicebomb. It's good stuff IMO.
    Yeah my skin chemistry doesn't do "sweet" too well and I saw that in many reviews but with me this is alot less sweet than a majority of gourmands and others out there. This is the first new release in a bit that I thought was bottle worthy.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I want this one.
    I find Spicebomb to be a 'close cousin' to L'Artisan's Tea For Two, though sweeter (T42 is not really sweet).
    This is a GOOD thing, as T42's unsweetness can actually go off-puttingly sour in the drydown or after sweating (on me, anyway). Spicebomb's sweetness seems to prevent that souring effect, and isn't overdone IMO.

maybe get a small bottle or a split or decant?

I prefer Gucci Pour Homme II to Spicebomb. To me Spicebomb is GpHII trying too hard to get attention.
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

the second the nordstrom SA sprayed spicebomb on me it was instant love. its a beautiful juice that should be in every wardrobe especially if you like tea notes

The new Hanai Mori HiM is like Spicebomb and Gucci Pour Homme II combined. I like it better than Spicebomb and it's a pretty nice alternative to sample if Spicebomb is too much for you.

On a trip to Neiman Marcus two weeks ago I applied small amounts of several scents on either wrist , arm and hands . The frags were by and large all ones that I had planned on trying. Absolute pour le soir, Lumiere pour le homme, one or two tom fords, a creed and on the way out I just for the heck of it sprayed Spice Bomb once to the outside of my hand.
    Now fast forward two hours . The SF air is cooling nicely. The scents should be at peak setting now . There is only one that is taking my attention and wanting me to get closer. The standout was Spicebomb. After that introduction , Spicebomb was bought and will forever be part of top fragrances in my collection.

Last edited by stanmar; 13th October 2012 at 03:29 AM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have owned a bottle of Spicebomb since it first came out. It is a really good scent and the women around me tend to like it a lot. Though in my opinion, it is more suited for a 29 and under crowd. But, to each is own. I really do enjoy SB.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    The new Hanai Mori HiM is like Spicebomb and Gucci Pour Homme II combined. I like it better than Spicebomb and it's a pretty nice alternative to sample if Spicebomb is too much for you.
    I'll have to look at this too. Thanks
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    ...in my opinion, it is more suited for a 29 and under crowd...
    Fair point. Is this generally perceived as a youthful, perhaps "high school/college" frag than a 30+ business professional's frag?
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    I'm not obsessed, I'm passionately intrigued. The difference is how much money I have available to spend!

Blog Entries

Nice scent, I like it a lot. Very enjoyable, and this is coming from a guy in his 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    ...... my opinion, it is more suited for a 29 and under crowd.
    I'll be 29 and a half next week.... should I chance it or not...????

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Fair point. Is this generally perceived as a youthful, perhaps "high school/college" frag than a 30+ business professional's frag?
    I'm 42 and didn't perceive it as "youthful" at all. In fact this is one scent I really don't find age specific at all.
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I'm 42 and didn't perceive it as "youthful" at all. In fact this is one scent I really don't find age specific at all.
    I'm not 42, but I agree - this is a a scent for young or old(er), male or female.