Code of Conduct

Default Should I get Dior Homme Intense (the curret one)?

I really want to get this fraggie, everyone rants about how nice it is, however I remember reading here about the fragrance before being reformulated was the one to get. The current one though sold in the boutique or online, is it truly the same smell? If you haven't smelled the fragrance before, would it be perfectly fine to get the newer version, or is there something distinct about the pre- reformulation version that you'd suggest to get, which is practically impossible to find now?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Should I get Dior Homme Intense (the curret one)?

You never miss what you have never had, if you like the smell go for it.

I think you should get it.

If I really wanted it then I would get the new one and if I enjoy it then I would try to get the original version just to smell the difference. But I wouldn't blind buy a full bottle either especially if I was just getting into fragrances unless you also like the bottle it comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    You never miss what you have never had, if you like the smell go for it.
    For sure, it´s still a very nice scent!

Don't blind buy - you REALLY should try this one out beforehand!

How can I try it beforehand? There are no samples in public malls or such

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    Agree! I sampled it 3 times, I didn't like it at all!

It grows on you. I tried dior homme a few times and I was still unsure after I bought it, but low and behold dior homme is my favorite fragrance next to my serge lutens. It stands out among all the department store frags because the scent is so unique. The way it develops through out the day is amazing. I always catch myself saying, "damn this stuff is good" about 4hrs later. So if you like dior homme, I can't see why you wouldn't like it in perfume strength. It's definitely on my list!

Dependent

get it!!!!!!!!!!
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Both versions are flat out stunning, it's worth the trouble wondering about the vintage version...the new one is just as good, if not better

I have a decant of the original version of DHI and I have sampled the newest formulation, and they are both great. I personally wouldn't bother trying to hunt down the original.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

I bought the latest version and it's great. I've never had the vintage and didn't see any point to trying to locate a discontinued frag.
    Surrender to Chance is where you want to go to fill all your sampling needs. It's well worth it since you'll save a ton of money on avoiding bad blind buys.

I have the original "vintage" Dior Homme and I like it. I went through a 3 ml decant last fall of DHI and I really like it for the cooler weather, but I'm not sure which version it was (vintage or the newer formulation).

I'm hearing that the "new" version of DHI is just as good if not better than the vintage, but I do always wonder if it will be as good. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on a full bottle of the "new" juice now.

newer dhi is better than vintage (silver spray collar) in my opinion. a wonderful frag

Reformulation is nearly identical to the vintage, just some minor tweaks..get it.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    Agree. DHI (in either formulation) has a lot of strong supporters here and you very well may love it, but this is not the kind of scent to buy blind in particular as the iris can be quite polarizing. Out of the two versions I prefer the vintage, but neither appealed to me. If you haven't smelled either then I am sure if you like/love the scent you probably would in either formulation so the new version is fine.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

I'd try and sample it, but if you can't then it's probably a mildly safe fragrance to blind buy. Not a fan, but many are.

The vast, vast majority of people will prefer the new one. Judging by your user name, I'll say you should go for it.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

agree! if you're a shot caller the ladies will sniff the dhi right off you! it really is amazing juice

Blind bought this and was disappointed, wasn't anything special imo. Luckily it is very easy to sell among the different fragrance communities.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I never knew that I could adore a fragrance, with such a predominant iris note, as I do in Dior Homme Intense. Not only do I have a bottle of it, but I have two other additional back up bottles. This is one sexy, bad ass bottle of juice. When I wear this to work, the women do not stop walking by my office to sniff and comment. I feel like a move star when I am wearing this juice. Go for it my friend.

Basenotes Junkie

Yeah, you should get it.
    Obviously sample it first, and do give it a couple of hours to transform away from the dreaded makeup-bag smell (I can't really detect that, only awesomeness) but then it turns really epic, and it's tied with Ambre Narguile at the moment for top gourmand in my wardrobe.

It's probably one of my favorite fragrances period, when I think about it. It's just SO damn good.

after reading this thread i put a spray on. that creamy iris note is to die for!

Get it!!!

You will Love it!!!

Initially, i heard so many raves about DH & DHI on here and on youtube,

to see what's the rave's all about, so i went sample and test the DH 5 separate times, didn't like it at all

continually to see more raves about the DHI, so i just blind purchase my 150ml bottle of DHI, and the DHI wowed me.

because of DHI, i appreciate DH more than before.
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

The sample available from Surrender to Chance is it the vintage one or the new one?
    http://surrendertochance.com/christi...homme-intense/

It says it has ambrette seed which is in the new one, but it fails to mention pear, which is the famous change from the vintage to the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller View Post
    How can I try it beforehand? There are no samples in public malls or such
    The Perfumed Court has samples of it. Just ordered some from them last week.

I have so far never bought any smell with the aid of a sample. Where's the fun in that?

There are some vendors on Crystal Flacon that have vintage DHI

Never got to smell the vintage, tried the reform and loved it at first sniff, gorgeous fragrance overall imo though as others have stated above its not a safe blind-buy.

Try to sample it as that infamous iris note can be too much for some.

Very surprised Tropics hasn't posted yet... hope everything is ok!

But ya, I'd definitely pick this up. If you don't like it, you could very easily just re-sell it.

It's not as easy to find as Dior Homme and it's drier which makes it more versatile, IMO.

...and who know's, maybe Dior will reformulate it AGAIN and cause a fiasco all over again haha.

Hmm lots of good responses, thanks to all. Everyone says its awesome, one even said the creamy iris note is amazing and they all love it, let me say what I like for a nighttime fragrance:

Body Kouros. This is just a pure magic bullet, immensely lust and sheer sexiness defined. It's a very animalistic, raw sweet powerhouse that I love.

Now, compare that to DH Intense. Is that not going to be the fragrance I'm looking for then if I described what type of nighttime scent I love (as seen with BK)? I' real mixed folks. If you have both DHI and BK, please decipher all the differences between the two! I am very mixed now.

*Caveat: How would you compare DH Intense to LIDGE? (L'Instant Extreme). Is this one similar to DHI and how does it smell?

In fact, if you have BK and love it, do you know if there is an even "sexier" scent than this, since I assume those who have BK love as much as I do it and consider it unparalleled in scent for a nighttime setting.
    Last edited by Baller; 15th October 2012 at 11:40 PM.

funny but I find BK disgusting although I love DHI

I found my sample of DHI to be so weak in projection that even if it smells good, it's not worth the price.
    Fall/Winter Signature: Midnight in Paris EDP by Van Cleef & Arpels
    Spring/Summer Signature: Green Irish Tweed by Creed
    My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
    I found my sample of DHI to be so weak in projection that even if it smells good, it's not worth the price.

For me, Dior Homme Intense lasts all day long and projects well. Anything but weak.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by Baller View Post
    Hmm lots of good responses, thanks to all. Everyone says its awesome, one even said the creamy iris note is amazing and they all love it, let me say what I like for a nighttime fragrance:

Body Kouros. This is just a pure magic bullet, immensely lust and sheer sexiness defined. It's a very animalistic, raw sweet powerhouse that I love.

Now, compare that to DH Intense. Is that not going to be the fragrance I'm looking for then if I described what type of nighttime scent I love (as seen with BK)? I' real mixed folks. If you have both DHI and BK, please decipher all the differences between the two! I am very mixed now.

*Caveat: How would you compare DH Intense to LIDGE? (L'Instant Extreme). Is this one similar to DHI and how does it smell?

In fact, if you have BK and love it, do you know if there is an even "sexier" scent than this, since I assume those who have BK love as much as I do it and consider it unparalleled in scent for a nighttime setting.
    not sure, ive only tried regular kouros and it was so old fashioned smelling i cringed. i think dhi is far better than lidge though, lidge being a fragrance i really don't care all that much for.

you can order a sample of both dhi new and vintage on surrender to chance and with shipping it should still be under 10 bucks. but as others have said, the newer formulation is better. there's a VERY vocal group who make vast profits on eBay by overblowing "original formulation" praise. sometimes they're right, but with dhi they're dead wrong. if you find yourself opening your girlfriends purse and breathing in the smell, buy the original version. otherwise, buy the better smelling/current version and save yourself a lot of money in the process. don't get swindled.

Good fragrance. Although, I may be one of the few that enjoys Dior Homme just as much.

Even the current version of DHI is vastly superior to 99% of the other fragrances out there. Utterly beautiful.