Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Have you ever...?

I've not yet wanted to downsize any of my bottles at all, but there are quite a few in my collection that I regretted only buying smaller bottles of.

The most memorable of these was M7 Fresh. I bought a 50 ml bottle blind (unfortunately, like most designer flankers almost none of them make it to the shores of Australia!) based mainly on my love of M7 and the almost ludicrous idea of pairing citrus with oud.

To my surprise I fell instantly in love with M7 Fresh – I’m now on my second 100ml bottle after finishing the original 50ml and another full 100ml!

I have 8-10 scents I wear all the time . Conservative estimate of approx 4 sprays per day , maybe 2 sprays for 2 different scents. That gives approx .5ml used per day or around 185ml per year. 6 of these scents are used in yearly rotation. Maybe 2 are used less so. By my calculation I need no more than 35ml of each scent throughout the year. 100ml is the max size I will go for in any scent now. I figure approx 3 years of use is just fine and then time to restock.

All interesting replies. Definitely true Stanmar, if I did the math, my collection would outlive me. But I generally buy my fragrances without even thinking "I have too many." I just like trying new things

Basenotes Junkie

double post. deleted.
    Last edited by 2ndBakeryAttack; 16th October 2012 at 08:15 PM.

well, when you've mentioned it, why do I need 50 ml of Joop! Homme? 30 ml is just about more than enough when it comes to this fragrance XD

Zino Davidoff - 75 ml, hardly ever worn, maybe 15 times thus far. Great classic but simply I lack the desire to wear it.

Karl Lagerfeld Classic - 30 ml, and 30 is indeed enough. Great classic but it's almost the same case as it is with my Zino.
    Last edited by Zgb; 16th October 2012 at 08:38 AM.

Basenotes Junkie

Yes, 80% of the time when I've purchased a big 3.4oz or 4.2oz bottle over small sizes, I've regretted it. Except for a few select favorites that I wear all the time, I prefer variety. It's hard to justify owning a big 3.4 oz bottle of something I rarely ever use. Even if the bigger bottle is a better value, I could have put that money towards another fragrance to expand the collection.