Code of Conduct

Default Question: Which designer fragrances for men spoil fastest/easiest?

Has anyone had any bad experiences with one or more particular fragrances when they been treated well and stored in a reasonable fashion i.e. mainly in darkness and at cool or room temperatures?

Default Re: Question: Which designer fragrances for men spoil fastest/easiest?

The only fragrance I've had this issue with is Lacoste PH. However, it was neglected for 7 years, and only the top notes spoiled.

If you don't care about the first 3 minutes and wear recent designers, it's not likely to ever be a problem. I'm more concerned about fakes with the more popular ones than anything else. With older ones, I am most concerned about evaporation, even from a sealed spray bottle.

No bad experiences here.

No clue, my stuff is mostly from the 2000s. I can attest that my oldest one is Opium EDT manufactured in 2003, still smells legit, top notes and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    With older ones, I am most concerned about evaporation, even from a sealed spray bottle.
    That's why Michael Edwards stores all his fragrances upside down. My recollection is that the reason was that it ensured the seals on the spray units remained lubricated and didn't deteriorate.
    Regards,
    Renato