Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Saturday, 13 October 2012

Good morning! I've been up since 3... since I had to go to market for early pickings.

Just got home and I'm happily floating on a cloud of Shiseido Zen... the original version from the 70s. Found an empty bottle of it in my mother's wardrobe and then a mini in her drawer. She's lost her sense of smell due to a sinus infection - c'est dommage! - but I got to keep them both!

Enjoy your Saturday!

satori window.jpg
    Do happy

Default Re: SOTD Saturday, 13 October 2012

Noble Cedar by Chopard

Hello all. Caron En Avion extract.
    DONNA

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Saturday, 13 October 2012

Eau de Toilette
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning! Enjoy your weekend!

Great pic ladymuraski!
    I was up early too... doing final jobs on my to-do list. Now for a late breakfast I am in plenty Vega!
    Best to all

diptyque volutes edt (from a sample). doing a 180 on this one, alfarom & hedonist, much better and quite different from the edp, for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    diptyque volutes edt (from a sample). doing a 180 on this one, alfarom & hedonist, much better and quite different from the edp, for me anyway.
    It shares too many aspects with Traversee du Bosphore to my tastes but I will surely give it a second chance...

Today I'm in Une Fleur De Cassie

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Morning ladies,

I've got two more days off before I'm back at work :-( so I need something to lift my spirits.

I will be wearing Tabac Blond Extrait (from sample) because of Larimars generosity.

Hope everyone has a great day

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    It shares too many aspects with Traversee du Bosphore to my tastes but I will surely give it a second chance...

Today I'm in Une Fleur De Cassie

haven't tried l'ap traversee du bosphore yet so thanks for the suggestion.
    great video btw.

Those weeks at university are so busy! They keep my mind and hands busy that I really don't notice how fast another week is coming to an end. Crazy, the time flows so fast.

I'm in excellent mood today. Had a good night's sleep, then ate nice family breakfast. Later I went on a shopping spree and bought new pair of shoes for autumn season. Mornings are getting colder day by day and I needed warm shoes for my cold-hating feet. There's nothing (apart from perfume) else that makes me this happy as a new pair of boots.

And I smell great, Chanel Beige being my scent of the day. It's so creamy, cozy and fluffy! Ideal for the autumn weather, especially on a day like today when it's sunny. Sunny autumn is so picturesque and colorful.

TDC After Midnight.

Seville a l'Aube from L'Artisan parfumeur. Gloomy weather, but nice and warm indoors. :-)
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

I love the pics this morning. It has turned chilly here, but it's sunny and a good day for...something. I have no plans. I'm wearing a dab of Bourbon French Parfums' Musk oil this morning. It's a light, clean musk with a hint of vanilla. I hope everyone who was feeling unwell yesterday has a better day today. Love to you all.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Today the forcast is 56 degrees and sunny, the rest of our snow
    should melt, so I'm doing a happy dance!!! I'm just not ready for it to
    be winter yet.

Lucasai, you smell great today, I love Beige too!

SotD is Guerlain Cuir Beluga.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Pink Sugar. Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good afternoon fragrant folk. The sneezy snot monster arrived yesterday evening along with achy fevers so today I'm luxuriating in a duvet day, reading mags and the Internet.
    Sotm was Malle L'Eau D'Hiver and SotA is Paestum Rose

Stormy today, putting off travel plans until tomorrow. Wearing Yvresse by YSL, a new love.

Jo Mo's Vanilla & Anise..hello fall. A full bottle is a must for this one...one of these days!

Sending hugs your way Ali..xoxo
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

A rainy, downcast spring day calls for Creed Original Santal

Good morning everyone!

It's such a warm, bright and brilliant day here, it's almost hard to imagine it being gloomy anywhere - I sure wish I could share this sunshine with all of you! I've got a tennis match in a little while, so I'm in a few light spritzes of Azurée, my all-time favorite on-court fragrance. Y'all have a great day!

Ach, and now poor ((Alityke)) has it, too. You take care and feel better soon!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good afternoon. Grey skies, waiting for- very heavy- rain in plummy, smoky Chambre Noire by Olfactive Studio.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Good Evening,

Poor Alityke - get well soon. Hope the Mr. is dishing out plenty of tea & sympathy.
    Early start for me (not quite 3am à la LadyM) - drove the 2 hours up to see my mother for the weekend. Casserole is currently in the slow cooker, apple and ginger cake is in the oven, and a G&T is being prepared as I type this, flopped in front of a roaring fire. Yup, life's pretty good
    Back to Black this evening.

Best to all.

I'm wearing Mona Di Orio's Les Nombres d'Or Vanille on one wrist and Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille on the other.

Can't decide which one I like better. Mona's is more loud, more assertive, also more smoky and all in all an amazing scent whilst SDV is simply sublime.

SOTE

-
    -
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Good afternoon fragrant folk. The sneezy snot monster arrived yesterday evening along with achy fevers so today I'm luxuriating in a duvet day, reading mags and the Internet.
    Sotm was Malle L'Eau D'Hiver and SotA is Paestum Rose
    Feel better!

For me today, I am testing scents for our upcoming blind sniff, so not sure what I am wearing! But I smell divine.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    TDC After Midnight.
    What do you think of this one?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenscent1 View Post
    Stormy today, putting off travel plans until tomorrow. Wearing Yvresse by YSL, a new love.
    It is my older love and a perfect time of year to wear it!

My SOTD:

I missed Elixir of Love HD transmission today, will have to go for a Wed night option. But it was too much to get to this morning. I am cleaning and catching up with work instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    I missed Elixir of Love HD transmission today, will have to go for a Wed night option..
    In the meantime, perhaps Jussi Björling's Una Furtiva Lagrima can oh so beautifully break your heart:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=knPXlG1XrTY

My absolute favourite rendition by my second favourite tenor ( sorry Jussi, Caruso just edges you out. But not by much).

Basenotes Plus

Running in.......my Mom was rushed to the ER earlier today. She woke up with a huge lump in her neck where they had put the stent.
    My brother and sisters are with her in Florida. I'm trying to stay calm but honestly, I am freaking out.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

RHM, I'm so sorry. I hope it is something that can be corrected/adjusted/healed. Sending your mom best wishes for recovery.

Wearing Chantilly edt and powder this evening (what else?).

Oh no, RHM! I hope they got that worked out.

Today as it's still cool outside, I'm in the inimitable She-Wolf by smell bent, got two compliments on this, it passed the boyfriend test as well - he likes almost nothing and I'd assumed he would be put off by the 'dirty musk' but he loves it. It's pretty much just that 'dirty musk' smell and vanilla, simple but perfect. The oil not the spray.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Running in.......my Mom was rushed to the ER earlier today. She woke up with a huge lump in her neck where they had put the stent.
    My brother and sisters are with her in Florida. I'm trying to stay calm but honestly, I am freaking out.
    RHM, so sorry to hear that your mom is having more problems. I hope the doctors can fix it quickly.

Basenotes Plus

Update: well, they didn't find anything. She's back home again.

Thank you all for your kindness. I hate being so far away when she's sick.

My SOTD has been Miller Harris Citron Citron. Notes: Citron Citron is the essence of citrus with all the bright, clean freshness that suggests. A vibrant spritz of Sicilian lemon, Spanish orange and Jamaican lime are given spin by cool mint and basil, while a complex base of green moss, Moroccan cedar and cardamom provide a lasting background.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((RHM)) Scary stuff. Hard to deal with from a distance.

I've been wearing Demeter Gingerale from a sample, and love it.

Wore a bit of vintage Diorissimo for my grocery shopping, then tried on some Scherrer by Jean Louis Scherrer.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Original Vetiver by Creed.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Versace l'Homme today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Byredo Black Saffron.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Update: well, they didn't find anything. She's back home again.

Thank you all for your kindness. I hate being so far away when she's sick.

My SOTD has been Miller Harris Citron Citron. Notes: Citron Citron is the essence of citrus with all the bright, clean freshness that suggests. A vibrant spritz of Sicilian lemon, Spanish orange and Jamaican lime are given spin by cool mint and basil, while a complex base of green moss, Moroccan cedar and cardamom provide a lasting background.
    Good to know she is home; bad to not get any answers. I have not smelled Citron Citron, but it sounds like a true pick-me-up and perfect for you today!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Warum, to answer your question: cologne is cologne is cologne, by any name. Nothing deep purple, or dark, or sinister about After Midnight. It is more like "Hello sunshine!" really. I like artemisia in fragrances in general and this one is no exception -- my favorite of the 4 TDC colognes (one is oranges, another one is lemons and the third one is dandelions of all things). OK, on top of being not very impressive, it does not last at all. Forgetful, regretfully, especially for the asking price. Desole (my now banned friend sherapop would say).

Blog Entries

Thanks, TWolf, I liked this one best of all four as well, but also did not find it particularly memorable. But this is the one I will retest, and in a spray.

(((RHM and Mom)))

SOTE is DSH Cardamom and Khyphi.

G., thank you for Una Furtiva Lagrima! It is wonderful, got more than just one tear out of me for sure!