Code of Conduct

Default Would you return this??

*I hope it's OK putting this in the main forum, please forgive me if not.*

I recently ordered a bottle of Bulgari PH from Groupon for quite a nice price. I just got my bottle today and before I opened it I checked the manufacture date. I was pleasantly surprised that it was only a year old. However as I was just writing this to say that things looked all good I noticed something.. it looks like the bottle has been opened from the bottom and resealed again. There is a small tear in the cardboard and these transparent circular stickers where the cellophane is folded on the bottom. (see pic)

The groupon details for this item say "No returns unless defective". I'm probably being a little picky, especially for the price I paid, but what would you do? I'm dying to open the box and check the codes, but I don't want to open it up and give them any reason to think I am scamming them and switching bottles. I will contact groupon and ask before I do anything to the box, but if anyone out there has any history with groupon or any ideas on what I should do I will be thankful

-Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Default Re: Would you return this??

Get in touch with whoever you got this from and explain. Give it a shot.

The other day I was at a fragrance shop and wanted to try Azzaro intense ph but they haven't got a tester, so the customer service lady (to my surprise) opened the seal and packaging and gave me couple of sprays on my wrist from this brand new bottle. She re-packaged it and put it back on the shelf where it was. She gave me a good reason for scratching my head afterwards lol

Basenotes Junkie

Fragrances sold by discounters are often reboxed for various reasons. It's normal. In my experience, If you want a perfect, untampered box then you should expect to pay close to full retail. However, if there is anything fishy about the juice inside, then I would return it. I expect it to be an unsprayed bottle with air bubbles still in the line.

If it really bothers you, I'm sure you could probably get them to take a return by saying it's a gift and that the tear in the box is unacceptable for aesthetic reasons.
    Last edited by 2ndBakeryAttack; 13th October 2012 at 08:51 AM.

Banned

See if you can return it.
    Ask for a new one, one which does not have any tinkering to the cellophane wrap or seals.
    It's somewhat perplexing how the cardboard is torn and the cellophane is intact.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    See if you can return it.
    Ask for a new one, one which does not have any tinkering to the cellophane wrap or seals.
    It's somewhat perplexing how the cardboard is torn and the cellophane is intact.
    I was just about to open it up when I saw that tear and then the 2 transparent "sticker" type things. If you look real close you can see that the cellophane has been opened and I assume that is why the stickers were needed.

I sent them an email with the picture. I will wait to hear from them before I open it. I think everything will be fine, if it smells right I'll be happy. I'm just interested to see if the codes match

No: too much trouble! If it is not what you expected, give it away.

I would not worry about a tear in the box but if you do keep it just be aware if it has been primed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I would not worry about a tear in the box but if you do keep it just be aware if it has been primed or not.
    This.

Basenotes Plus

I wouldn't bother, esp at that price. I've bought many fragrances with worn out packaging before and they were perfectly fine. Who would want to pull a switch on Bulgari pour Homme anyway?

I probably wouldn't bother, but this sort of thing is something that people should be aware of. Great deals online are great for a reason. Boxes are often opened and resealed, codes scratched off, etc. I would bet many of these were stored improperly for long periods of time, etc. If you want new and perfect, buy from a store or the manufacturers website directly, and gladly pay full price - knowing you will not have to deal with the wondering...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

It doesn't seem to be worth the hassle of returning it.

They probably opened it to check if the bottle is okay. Another thing these discounters do is resell unused/unwanted merchandise. Someone buys a bottle, they open it decide they don't want it (sometimes they don't even spray it). Discounter's just put them back up for sale

They might have just reboxed a legit frag.

Got a response today "We are so sorry for the trouble, and thank you for all of the information! Because this item was sent from a third party retailer, chances are they opened the package to make sure the bottle wasn't damaged when they initially received it from the manufacturer, and then resealed it."

So, I just opened it up and the codes on the box and on the bottle match. Sprayed it, and everything seems to be OK

I'm so glad to have this back in my wardrobe. I purchased the same size bottle for $47 last year from work when we had a 50% employee discount. Right after I ordered it one of the models told me she used to work for Bulgari and had a few full testers at home she would give me. They were Extreme and Soir, since I had gone a little overboard with other purchases and since the Extreme is quite close to the original I decided to return my bottle (unopened)

I just hope this year I can control myself when our employee discount comes again, but naturally I prolly won't

Thanks for your responses!

One thing is for sure, the box has been opened. If the juice is authentic and you paid a cheap price for it, then enjoy. If not, classify as defective and send it back.