Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Fingernails on a chalkboard...

I have tried many fragrances...Most I am indifferent to- I appreciate the quality, but not for me. Several I LOVE and own. Some I dislike- hate even. BUT- there have been a few that I have had to wash off b/c they were so obnoxious to my nose. I don't mean that I just didn't like them, they were equivalent to fingernails scratching a chalkboard. I can't find a common note, one is Mon Cuir by Ramon Monegal. One is Creed's Original Vetiver. Several of the Bond no. 9's like Bleecker St.,and Riverside Drive, and a few Montale's like Bois de Aoud and a discontinued Montale called Leather and Lime. I don't want this thread to turn into a "I hate..." thread, it is to see if anyone else is effected like I am by certain fragrances.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Fingernails on a chalkboard...

Personally, have never really had what some people would consider a scrubber. If it is something that I am looking at or a sample that was sent to me, I spray it on the back of my hand to see if I like it before giving a full wearing.

If it is something I don't like, I won't give it a wearing. This way I won't have to walk around all day long waiting to take a shower to wash it off.

I've also had a similar experience with Bleecker Street. I wanted to like it...it sounded right up my alley on paper & the reviews are great...but, it just had this very sharp, pungent accord on my skin for the first hour that I couldn't take. Joop! simply is too overpowering/cloying with it's cinnamon sweetness to me & makes me nauseous (also doesn't help that I had a roommate in college that WAAAY over-applied the stuff constantly. I also couldn't handle Caron Pour un Homme on my skin. Very sharp, overpowering & far too dated for my tastes.

Tuscan Leather makes me actually want to puke!

Blog Entries

I've said it before, and i'll say it again Womanity it actually makes me feel nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Tuscan Leather makes me actually want to puke!
    Same for me with Aramis

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Same for me with Aramis
    i loved it at first little by little its going away from my list idk why i use to love this!!!! an now the love is fading
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille