Code of Conduct

Default Does anyone prefer REFORMULATED Dior Homme Intense OVER Original Dior Homme Intense???

I have smelled the original before and its pretty damn sexy but I did not buy it unfortunately. Anyone prefer the New DHI over the Original????????????

and just curious

Does anyone know how many reformulations there are of DHI? I am guessing only 1 but others mention more.

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Default Re: Does anyone prefer REFORMULATED Dior Homme Intense OVER Original Dior Homme Intense???

I have the original but IMO what's out there now is also very good.

Default Re: Does anyone prefer REFORMULATED Dior Homme Intense OVER Original Dior Homme Intense???

I find both old and new to be very good.

TROPICS hates them both! LOL

Dependent

is Feb and Jan 2011 vintage or new...cause that's what I have and have smelled ?

^that's reformulated

I prefer the vintage but not worth the hundreds it's going for. The most I would pay for is $50 over the reformulated.

I recently received a 30 mL decant of the original DHI and I have also smelled the newest version. I like the vintage a little more, but it's not worth tracking one down and overspending.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

the lipstick note in original dhi makes it smell like a woman's purse. the newer version smooths out the edges, its clearly better to me. mind you they are both very similar, but the new one is superior in my opinion.

Just make it easy on yourself and get the reformulation with no regrets

Yes, I prefer the current version by a smidge. The best of all is vintage DH, but when my vintage DH runs out I will gladly wear the reformulated DHI instead of breaking the bank for the vintage stuff.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I got a great deal on ebay. While I have only worn samples from Feb 2011 which I loved, and I have one from April of 2011 coming and another from Dec 2010. Just happened to be looking around and found a seller in another country. The code on the bottom of the bottle did not work with cosmetic calculator, but the women I got it from told me that the bottle is brand new and not a tester, black collar and no cap, but she said she has had it for around 3 yrs and it was stored properly. All in all it was a blind buy, BUT the kicker is I got it cheaper then any newer formulation or any other formulation of it that I have ever seen as I only pald 85.00 which includes shipping. Be interesting to see how it compares to the samples I have worn and had. But even for the price I paid, It's a full 3.4 oz bottle never used. Fingers crossed I may be lucky!. It's coming from Europe I will add, so I don't know if the reformulations are the same as in the states, of if they vary, and if they do by how much. Without trying it I am sure I will be pleased either way. Dior from 3 yrs should be good I would say

I own a bottle of silver collar vintage and a bottle of the black collar reformulation and I can honestly say I prefer the reformulated version over the vintage by a long shot!!! Much smoother and not as heavy on the iris. Smells alot sexier than the vintage and lasts just as long so you don't lose any points there. The vintage is still worthy of keeping a spot in my collection though haha
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

I know for sure it can't be vintage juice as it is a black collar. I would be very happy though if this smells anything like the Feb 2011 that I have been wearing. I really love that formulation and would be happy to find something that is just as good as that. The sample from Dec 2011 that I have coming and also the sample of Nov of 2010 might be a different story though. Kinda new to Dior Homme Intense and have learned a lot from reading here, but I can tell you on thing for sure, this is one damn good scent and I am happy to have had the pleasure to just try it. I shouldn't be picky. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious what a good period would be for the reformulations?

I own October 2010 and smells great. No regrets here. I would buy again.

Is that silver collar or black bgoc?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I know that this is contrary to popular opinion, but I too prefer the re-formulated version.

Is that silver collar or black bgoc?

Blog Entries

I own a silver collared older version and like it just fine. Plus I snagged it unused at ShopGoodwill.com for less than $35!
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

That's the best part when you find something you like at a fair price. Very much looking forward to getting mine, no matter when it is from I will take it!

I have both the vintage and reformulaton, the new version is nearly identical with such a few MINOR tweaks...still an incredible scent...

Black collar.

Dependent

both good
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

You won't be mad at either one. The old formula (Silver collar) just has a slight Iris note at the beginning. No problem. Enjoy bro!

The reform is nearly identical to the vintage, with a few minor tweaks....not worth tracking down the original

- - - Updated - - -

The reform is nearly identical to the vintage, with a few minor tweaks....not worth tracking down the original

The vintage is superior in my opinion, but the new one is utterly beautiful too.

Dcampbell

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    Yes, I prefer the current version by a smidge. The best of all is vintage DH, but when my vintage DH runs out I will gladly wear the reformulated DHI instead of breaking the bank for the vintage stuff.
    My thoughts EXACTLY

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have both, as DHI is one of my top 5 fragrances, and love them equally.