Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New line launched: Tiziana Terenzi

Italian candle maker Tiziana Terenzi is branching out and has launched a line of four unisex fragrances, all are parfum extrait strenght, which is unusual. No word on the prising but I guess it will be in the upper ranges.

White Fire: green leaves, fresh ice, oxygen, Chinese jasmine, fern, white amber, sandalwood, amber, musk.

XIX March
    : orange, green leaves, mint, nettle, lavender, cinnamon, clove buds, jasmine, sandalwood, cedar, vetiver, musk, nutmeg, rosemary.

Of course they have an oud.
    Gold Rose Oudh: bergamot, fir, ember, sand accord, rose, patchouli, black pepper, oud, amber, sandalwood, musk, honey

Ecstasy: pine, spruce, stone powder, incense, patchouli, rose, violet, sandalwood, amber, tonka bean, forest land, ancient wood

The line looks interesting and seems to have a worked through quality but dont read the silly press releases as they qualify for the Prix Eau Faux of Now Smell This, here is a snippet: These perfumes embody the powerful Faustian desire to try to hold on to a beautiful moment, and the constant exploration of the “self and the non-self”.

Shut up and make good perfume. Leave the philosophising to the philosophers!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New line launched: Tiziana Terenzi

Wonderful, wonderful brand, down here my reviews about the first two I've tested, namely Gold Rose Oudh and White Fire. Ecstasy is fantastic too.

Gold Rose Oudh.
    I'm particularly impressed by the artisanal knowledge and the ancient craftsmanship swirling behind the marvellous Tiziana Terenzi's creations. The quality is utterly genuine and veritable, the vegetable waxes (implemented in the candles appointment), as well as the genuine materials and the olfactory fire power, open new sensorial horizons for our nose. What a magnificent rose/aoud combo this fragrance is!! Really. Gold Rose Oudh is another winner and an "ambiental" new release arousing ultra-sensorial atmosphere and almost somnolent (I mean narcotic) warmth around. I have to say anyway that this versatile and multifaceted aroma is also at once vibrant and temperamental, combining such a sensorial bliss effect, with classic luxuriousness and modern daring (almost brash) dynamism. A fragrance full of diverse "sides" I would say. The ethereal rosey subtleness is finally extreme in a musky, boise and honeyed (really honeyed, almost creamy and anyway ambery) way. The first blast is a more than vague conjuration about the compelling Montale Black Aoud's beginning (aoud, patchouli, citrus, musk, labdanum, rose, may be also saffron in common), so angular, somewhat massive/retro, medicinal, deep and spicy (even more spicy than Black Aoud and soon more aromatic and rosey). This beginning is probably less rooty (less powerful over the rooty patchouli element) but more spicy (really peppery under my nose) than the Black Aoud's introduction which is anyway really so close to this initial Gold Rose Oudh's phase. The cypress presence (combined with musk and labdanum) provides by soon a diffused mossy/boise aura around which is spicy and exotic while the note of bergamot (in its royal classic connection with patchouli) imprints a luxurious (almost vintage/decadent) vibe to olfactory fatigue. I detect by soon a really carnal and intimate deep resinous rosey vibe which is simply irresistible, mild but almost salty/organic (actually ambery/woody) at once. Probably the landmark ember presence (joined with pepper, sand and animalic notes) provides this vibrant, carnal, almost bursting effect which turns immediately this aroma out in a really erotic way. The rosey resinous bold combination keeps on to be penetrating and carnal throughout, becoming anyway gradually smoother and creamier with a final dark rose/honey/amber/sandalwood dry down simply to die for (profound, woody, intimate, daring, exotic, erotic, decadent and mystic). The amber/sandalwood accord in particular provides warmth and intimacy while the Black Aoud's dry down was more properly musky (creamy musky) and less woody/honeyed in my opinion (a tad drier). One of the best rose/aoud combo ever created in my opinion and a terrific new release to recommend around to all those wishing to appear bold and elevated. Compliments Mr. Paolo Terenzi. Powerful longevity and really great projection over my italian skin :-).
    P.S:
    I have to say that the more I try this wonderful fragrance on my skin the more I crave for it. Really. Gold Rose Oudh jumped immediately on the top pics of my ouds preferences reflecting (on the olfactory path) the intellectual depth of its creator. The oudh quality is in my opinion one of the best around. Wait the dry down please, It's gorgeous, so organic, intimate and pheromonical. Great.

White Fire

I'm particularly proud to be one of the first Basenotes reviewers to get a full enthusiastic approach to this wonderful italian niche brand which encloses in its precious gems (extraits of perfumes and mystic Air Therapy candles) a story full of passion for life, for the autenticity of its valours, for the natural elements strenght, the fire in particular (a theme the latter always present in the Tiziana Terenzi various Extrait de Parfum). The fire, with all its hypnotic power and its genuine beauty, is always present in the lives of the creative people behind these artistic creations, connecting effectively their personal stories with all the creation and the intimate soul of their own emotions. White Fire evokes the silence of the snow, its dazzling white turned out even more alive when enjoyed with the warm fire's embrace enveloping your soul. The aroma is the one of a clean, comforting and silvery perfume evoking the autenticity of a childish laughter. In my opinion this fragrance performs one of the most beautiful boise jasmine rendition i had the pleasure to face in my personal experience. Jasmine and musk create an olfactory combo absolutely central in the aroma evolution.The chinese jasmine is soon indolic (almost dissonant, barely salty), grassy and "airy", yes something like an icy one (at the beginning) with a sort of milky/soapy hyper feminine and ethereal substance. I suppose hints of not listed orange blossoms are included in the olfactory recipe. A touch of cosmetic soapiness starts to rise up by soon in a sort of Victorian sophisticated general atmosphere conjuring vaguely the Elie Saab's (which is anyway warmer and less natural) musky/soapy rose-jasmine accord. The jasmine is even more such a milky/soapy one also in the central stage, when the realistic lymphatic initial effect barely recedes and a white saldalwood aroma complements a starring indolic-jasmine/musk olfactory backbone (soapy, musky, mild/salty in a finally neutral/soapy way). There is still an airy general atmosphere around the soapy/musky jasmine (the oxygen power enveloping the elements) and the feel is secretely (but minimally) ozonic/iodate in my humble opinion. The aroma is extremely sensual and sophisticated, a sort of airy royal jasmine, slightly art nouveau in style but at same time hyper contemporary and fashionable. The note of amber is present and is a decidedly refined and almost hyper glamour resinous one. I detect indeed a sort of Alien's musk/sambac-jasmine association but White Fire is less angular/robotic and on the contrary more soapy, carnal, indolic, introvert and authentical than the Ropion/Bruyere's hyper modern creation, it's still icy (i mean airy, in the top) and modern but with a solid root in to a "british style" more classic dreamy tradition. Great duration on my skin while the sillage is not nuclear for sure. The packaging is a rare example of italian neo-baroque art.
    Last edited by Darvant; 12th February 2014 at 11:59 AM.

I have received a few samples of this brand with bottle purchases I have made from First in Fragrance and I thought they were all nice.

(3885)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for this thread! I have samples of three or four of these fragrances, did a quick sniff and was so impressed, but I've yet to get back and do them justice.

Will return.

Where do they distribute? I'm in NYC so I'd love to stop by their counters or stores; Ecstasy and their oud in particular seem nice.

I actually like the stories they seem to assign to their fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by throwbookatface View Post
    Where do they distribute? I'm in NYC so I'd love to stop by their counters or stores; Ecstasy and their oud in particular seem nice.

Hi, pterenzi@cereriaterenzi.com, write to Mr Paolo Terenzi, he can give to you all the right informations about their distribution around. In my opinion this is a really fantastic artisanal brand.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by throwbookatface View Post

Osswald offers the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Darvant!

Gold Rose Oudh sounds really good and $145 for a 3.4oz parfum extrait is quite reasonable. Yay!

Post Thanks / Like

Ecstasy
    If Gold Rose Oudh was a marvellous refined rose/oudh combo Ecstasy is a mystic rose/incense accord so aromatic and velvety. Simply a divine (almost esoteric) concoction extremely balanced and magistrally executed by the talented Nose Mr. Paolo Terenzi. The incensey rose is soon heady and boise (freshly aromatic and piney) but is a rose that you do not expect, being indeed not properly (classically) dusty/incensey/floral but more unconventionally creamy/incensey/soapy despite some typically dusty elements present in the top as stone powder and frankincense. I suppose the forest resins play an influencing role while the amber presence keeps immediately to perform its enveloping (resinous) power (powder) providing a sort of creamy/soapy consistency enveloping all the elements. Probably (minimal) hints of resinous oudh give support to this holy process pairing in quality "sacre" rose/oud/incense "monsters" as Amouage Homage (with an accord conjuring me slightly in a far far better way an unfortunately unbalanced and cloying Alyssa Ashley Oud Pour Lui). The outcome is so subtle, floral, delicate and softly mild, something really to die for. The violet touch is perfectly integrated in the atmosphere (accessorial to talks, incenses and creams) but the rose is prevaling for sure. There is anyway a sort of natural cosmetical soapy vibe in the air which is reinforced by powdery woods and musks while the incensey vibe is throughout lingering with its soapy/musky-fresh temperament. The dry down is simply impeccable, so ethereal, balmy/musky, piney and creamy/incensey. Do some saffron provides to enhance and exalt the fresh woody vibe from the forest? The aroma is supposed to arouse the power (the spiritual and ritual power) of fire but in my opinion the general vibe is more properly musky/soapy/resinous than incensey/bursting a la Norma Kamali Incense or stuffs like that. There is a lingering burnt incense flavour for sure around but is balanced and well integrated in the general musky/aromatic and incensey/ambery atmosphere. I really appreciate Ecstasy and all the Tiziana Terenzi's creations and in this case the aroma embodies an example of how to implement with wisdom and magistral art the note of incense in perfumery in a way that the final outcome is something dreamy/etheral and extremely balanced, succeeding on a sliding sphere over which many previous incense/oud combos failed before for a balancement limits overcoming. The dry down is silky as the skin of a baby Heaven's angel and rounded by a secret tobacco touch a la Piguet Casbah. Excellent packaging, excellent projection, excellent longevity as usual. Italian aromatic art at its best. Compliments.
    Last edited by Darvant; 17th February 2014 at 06:46 PM.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy, Darvant, after reading your thought provoking glowing reviews regarding this line I am *so* looking forward to receiving my incoming samples of all its offerings. Thanks for giving this less known house some much needed attention! My own thoughts will be forthcoming shortly.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driů) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Boy, Darvant, after reading your thought provoking glowing reviews regarding this line I am *so* looking forward to receiving my incoming samples of all its offerings. Thanks for giving this less known house some much needed attention! My own thoughts will be forthcoming shortly.
    Perfect my friend, you will not regret it, this is a worthy little niche italian house seriously aware about what does and the people behind it is humble and dreamer. The candles (they are masters in wax too) are really "atmospherical" and "ambiental" providing me a peaceful state of bliss at night when the cognac flows in my veins.
    Last edited by Darvant; 7th February 2014 at 06:51 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to their site some weeks ago to get a sample of Ecstacy for my incense sniff thread and ended up ordering samples of all (I thought). When they came, I gave each vial a quick sniff and was impressed. Here's more, leaving Ecstacy for Yasmin:

Lillipur. Strikes my nose immediately as a quality perfume. The top note is almost indolic floral with a bit of spice or a spicy wood, I'm guessing cedar or patchouli. Is there incense? If there are green notes, they're not particularly strong. I don't think I smell citrus. Actually, I'm now thoroughly intimidated that I can't yet write technical reviews. My anxious nose can't explain what it's smelling in those terms. So let me try what I do know. Impressions. Where have I felt this way before? I pass a stationer's shop and smell paper and fresh ink. Upstairs through an open window comes the smell of someone having melon with lunch. Next comes the furrier's. A women emerges wearing a real fur coat. On my skin, this becomes luxury of a kind different from the classics I'm learning to love. This doesn't have the sensualness of a BaV, a vintage Bellodgia or L'heure Bleue. It's the Galleria in Milan, that's what it is! Elegant shops, elegant restaurants, elegant crowds. Looking up the notes: Top Notes: Roman Wormwood, Lemon, Oman Frankincense, Star Anise. Middle Notes: Galbanum, Sri Lankan Cinnamon, Carnation, Thyme, Cyclamen, Sichuan Pepper, Base Notes: Lebanon Cedar, White Musk, Kashmir Wood, Patchouli, Benzoin, Tonka Bean, Amber, Birch, Blond Tobacco. Yes, incense, cedar and patchouli! Carnation. Musk, amber and incense providing what feels almost indolic. Perhaps tonka bean, too. Fragrantica calls it an Oriental Woody. It's an extremely luxurious one. The spices don't bite. All conspires to enchant my nose.

Maremma
    . Such a beauty. Right away I smell musk or something animalic, but it's not a dirty musk by any means. On my skin I think I smell oakmoss? Is this a chypre? It draws and hypnotizes my nose, that's for sure. This one also has an accomplished spicy note -- no bite, just interest. The floral may be jasmine. Let's see: Top Notes: Bitter Bergamot, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Black Currant, Holm Oak Acorn Middle Notes: Angelica, Orris Root, Agarwood, Lotus Wood, Cumin, Honey Base Notes: Patchouli, Cocoa Powder, Sandalwood, Cistus Labdanum, Amber Crystals, Rosewood. It has all a chypre's ingredients except the oakmoss -- bergamot, cistus labdanum, amber. Fragrantica calls it a floral woody musk. In the drydown, I detect the oud (agarwood) and the rosewood. To me, the cocoa doesn't stand out, though I sense it there enriching things. Interesting that so far these are not reminding me of other fragrances. Sniffing my right hand then returning to Lillipur on my left, incense is dominant but in a smooth way. Returning to Maremma I smell its swank funkiness in the amber, cumin and oud. A very nice perfume.

White Fire. How it manages to smell like white fire, I don't know. Initially this is a light, head-clearing scent, more like an airy vetiver, I think, but subtle, refined. It smells like other good, green men's scents, except richer somehow. Fragrantica is calling it a Woody Aquatic. Top notes: green leaves, fresh ice, oxygen. Heart: Chinese jasmine, fern, white amber. Base: sandalwood, amber, musk. The base gives the richness and it's awfully good. I'd enjoy smelling this on my guy.

XIX March
    . The first thing I smell is orange and I'm ready not to be a fan, but persisting, the next note makes me smile. Is that Jasmine I detect? Perhaps sandalwood? Top notes: orange, green leaves, mint, nettle. Heart: lavender, cinnamon, clove buds, jasmine. Base: sandalwood, cedar, vetiver, musk, nutmeg, rosemary. I don't love it, but it's good. Fragrantica calls it a Woody Aromatic and says its inspiration was the annual bonfire in which they burn old twigs and branches to end winter and welcome spring. It's called La Focarina di S. Giuseppe (St. Joseph, I think).

Wish I had samples of the rest, particularly Gold Rose Oudh. In sum, these are sophisticated fragrances, combining spice with no bite and luxury. Lillipur and Maremma are to my tastes, the other two not, though I think hubby might like White Fire.

An hour and a half after application, Lillipur and Maremma are still there, the other two have mostly faded (I only put a dab or so on).
    Last edited by ScentFan; 7th February 2014 at 10:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

XIX March
    Another interesting fragrance straight from this great brand. Over the sample box I read that the juice is appointed in order to celebrate the Focarina di San Giuseppe, namely the night between 18 and 19 March when is a religious tradition to build a large bonfire ("la focarina") in order to burn up the left over twigs and brushes from winter and make room for the rebirth of spring: the air is filled with intense smells, at once new and nevertheless ancient. The aroma itself I have to say appears by soon less holy but anyway not less compelling than the other juices of the same brand tested till now. XIX March strikes soon by the top notes for its intensely herbal, aromatic and bitter/hesperidic introduction slightly a la Mr Marvellous Byredo (the latter appears by soon anyway less herbal and more orangy) with its accord provided by lavender, green leaves, orange, bergamot and nettle. The latter in particular imprints a typical harsh bitter/herbal vibe I appreciate so much. The aroma anyway evolves by soon towards something less boisterous and decidedly more musky/spicy and floral. A nice musky/white jasmine appears at the horizon, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg provide an intensely spicy/fizzy vibe (L'Humaniste jumps vaguely on mind) in their link with crisp herbs and citrus while a light woody/musky base embrace the elements in to an extremely exotic, daring, slightly floral, musky/soapy and masculine accord. I love the cedarwood/vetiver/rosemary dominant basic spicy accord (a bit a 7 de Loewe's conjuration but in a way more creamy, less peppery and deprived about the incensey touch). The nettle is still stout and have to say this prickly element provides a "titillative" touch throughout, an herbal-pungent lingering feel becoming gradually soapy/spicy, orangy, floral and musky in a light and fluidy way. The outcome is classy (extremely subtle and refined) orangy/lemony and traditional (think at the lovely citrus/lavender/woods/aromatic herbs accord) but obviously more conventional and less innovative. I suppose minimal hints of amber or benzoin are included in the blend (as support for the white woods) cause the musky spiciness is finally almost soapy. The fragrance is a masculine one in my humble opinion. Stout longevity and medium projection.
    Last edited by Darvant; 17th February 2014 at 07:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have all 6 samples heading my way.

Post Thanks / Like

Lillipur

Lillipur takes the name of the ancient mythical Nepal's capital of the spirituality (probably Patan nowadays, located at south of Katmandu) and it is aimed to represent the mystical fire of the soul and and deep, profound spiritual knowledge of the continuosly unfolding human soul. This Tiziana Terenzi's fragrance, as performed by the talented Mr. Paolo Terenzi, is enveloping and penetrating, namely a resinous mélange of dense (almost sticky) elements as forest resins, amber, honey, galbanum, star anice, frankincense, benzoin and sticky sweet spices all combined in order to surround your senses teleporting the soul in to a spiritual oriental ambience full of temples and monasteries equipped with huge brazers burning resins and incenses in order to support and aid the meditation. A wonderful combination of tonka and tobacco rounds the incensey/creamy aroma with an irresistible seasoned flavour a la Piguet Casbah (which is in a similar way spicy/incensey/resinous/aromatic and tobacco flavoured), turning the aroma out in an almost tasty way (involving your palate with its carnal attractiveness). Hints of patchouli and woods provide balance and support the spices which are yummy and prickly throughout, a combination of aromatic herbs and star anise affords a touch of balsamic vibe while some floral patterns imprint a sophisticated undertone making aureate and subtle the resinous tornado (providing a touch of modernity and glamour in a game of olfactory contrasts). The latter holds on ambery, steamy, spiritual and spicy/incensey till the end, unveiling finally hints of muskiness and woodiness with burnt resins undertones. As usual for the brand longevity and projection are great and the raw materials quality is extreme.
    Last edited by Darvant; 9th February 2014 at 03:11 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the stunning reviews, Darvant - White Fire sounds particularly appealing, though they all appear worthy of investigation.
    Fortnum and Mason stock the line here in the UK - I suspect another trip to the capital may be imminent .

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews, Darvant - they do sound very interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Thank you for the stunning reviews, Darvant - White Fire sounds particularly appealing, though they all appear worthy of investigation.
    Fortnum and Mason stock the line here in the UK - I suspect another trip to the capital may be imminent .
    Thank you so much guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks for the reviews, Darvant - they do sound very interesting!
    Thanks again, pleased to be helpful about this new line serendipity.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, thanks Darvant for the reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Maremma

Maremma is a carnal fruity/floral with woody, dirty (ambery/animalic, spicy, resinous, dissonant) and leathery accents aimed to reproduce on the olfactory sphere the ambience of the wonderful italian region of Toscana (the Maremma Toscana) with all its patrimony of sweet waving hills, pock-marks, country houses and horses. Some of my friends here on Basenotes know well I don't particularly crave for a stout fruity presence in a fragrance recipe (in particular whether the fruity notes are mellow or overly sweet) so Maremma (particularly fruity under my humble nose, because of a sort of bubble-gum sweet candied intensity overstating the unfortunately submissed jasmine/rose accord) does not strike my senses as well as the others scents of the Tiziana Terenzi's line. The black currant/ylang-ylang/resins/spices plummy-gummy type of accord is too powerful for my full pleasure indeed (chewing-gum type with its sugary dirty, resinous and minty/sweet undertone). Have anyway to say that I appreciate (expecially at the beginning) the way the aroma appears immediately (after an highly aromatic introduction with a beloved dominant angelica joined with gassy cumin) so bitter/sweet, dissonant and wild with its animalic cistus labdanum/amber/honey/cumin/oudh/cinnamon accord so beastly and enveloping. The final candied/ambery/suede type of dry down could be labelled as a sort of niche reply to a market bomb as One Million (in a less synthetic, probably more minty/aromatic and balanced way for sure- the latter shares with Maremma the common elements of white woods, patchouli, rose, fruity accents, leather, sweet spices, probably honey, amber and minty aromatic notes). Frankly I don't detect the cocoa touch. Not my cup of tea but something appealing to the younger crowd (aiming to be glamour) for sure. Great projection and longevity. Medium rating.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Darvant,

Would you consider the 6 unisex at least? Any masculine?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    Hi Darvant,

Would you consider the 6 unisex at least? Any masculine?
    In my perception White fire is more properly feminine, Lillipur, Gold Rose Oudh and Ecstasy are unisex while XIX March and Maremma are more properly masculine, anyway it depends of each individual perception (as usual).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

These samples came in today:

Tiziana Terenzi White Fire
    Tiziana Terenzi XIX March
    Tiziana Terenzi Gold Rose Oudh

Waiting for the other 3.

I believe Luckyscent was carrying at least a couple of this line. Definitely going onto my next sample order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    I believe Luckyscent was carrying at least a couple of this line. Definitely going onto my next sample order.
    4 to be exact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi everyone. Thanks to the generosity of a kind friend I am privileged to join you in trying this line.

The first one that I tried was Maremma, which has interesting pulpy fruit and a terrific oak note amongst other things, although it is not for me personally. I posted a little review.

The second one that I have tried is White Fire and that is really why I have popped in here today. To me White Fire is stunning! White Fire, to my surprise, is actually a fantasy White Flower. More later......