Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    So last week I reported to y'all that I found a great deal on some Gucci Pour Homme at my local perfume store. $68 for a 3.4oz bottle! Well apparently its been a long time since these guys priced anything in the store because I found out they have another discontinued gem on low low. This time we've got Gucci Envy. I don't personally know anything about it. Never tried it. Never been one on my have to get list. But I know its got a great many people speaking very highly of it. So just for shits and giggles I called up to this store today to see if they carry it and they sure enough do. Now for the really good part...can anyone guess how much they've still got it marked at? $69! Crazyness! I just checked ebay and the 1.7oz is going for $90+. This is just too good to pass up. I've got another hour at work and soon as I get off I'm going to pick up the last 3.4oz Gucci Pour Homme they had, as well as a bottle or 2 of the Gucci Envy so I can toss them up on ebay. I wish I knew of more I should look for while I'm getting these. If they've got these 2 I'm sure they've got to have some others that should be going for more than what they're asking.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    By Man by D&G
    Relax by Davidoff
    Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree
    Nemo
    DK Fuel
    Gucci Rush
    Yoji Homme
    Escada Magnetism

    ... to name a few

  3. #3

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    I know that the store I got my GPH from had the smaller bottle of Magnetism for $55. I think. Don't quote me on that number lol. I told my buddy I was going to pick these up after work and he also said to look for Rush so Ill keep an eye out for that one as well as the others listed. thanks man!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    By Man by D&G
    Relax by Davidoff
    Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree
    Nemo
    DK Fuel
    Gucci Rush
    Yoji Homme
    Escada Magnetism

    ... to name a few

  4. #4

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Quote Originally Posted by imyourhuckleberryxx View Post
    I know that the store I got my GPH from had the smaller bottle of Magnetism for $55. I think. Don't quote me on that number lol. I told my buddy I was going to pick these up after work and he also said to look for Rush so Ill keep an eye out for that one as well as the others listed. thanks man!
    Good luck with the search! Let us know how it goes accompanied by pictures haha.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Also look for some vintage M7
    CURRENT TOP 5

    1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

  6. #6

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Gucci Pour Homme, 2003? I'm amazed by the prices I see that one going for online. It was still available on Gucci's website as recently as 3 months ago at 100ml for $73.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

  7. #7
    Basenotes Member JonVengeance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Gucci Pour Homme, 2003? I'm amazed by the prices I see that one going for online. It was still available on Gucci's website as recently as 3 months ago at 100ml for $73.
    It was on the website, but they diddn't have it in stock. I tried to order it and they sent me a message apologizing for the error.

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    77,227

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Gucci Envy was a good find. I have a new large bottle of this from when it first was released on the market. Don't remember what the selling price was at the time.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Gucci Envy was a good find. I have a new large bottle of this from when it first was released on the market. Don't remember what the selling price was at the time.
    3.4 oz Envy's are going for $250+ on Amazon!

    I bought my first bottle of Envy at Burlington Coat Factory a few years ago for around $30 for the 1.7 oz.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Gucci Envy is always a great find, especially at this price.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Update! Went to the store I got the GPH from and they had already marked the last remaining 3.4oz up to $100. Must've done some research after I left lol. But the other store had three 3.4oz bottles of Envy left and I got all of them Opened one to try it out and I actually like it a lot. Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna keep a bottle though. Its nice but I don't know how often I would go for it with everything else I have in my collection to pick from. Either way it was an amazing deal for the bottles.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    If you call around, you may still be able to pick up Gucci Pour Homme for $73 locally. I did some calling around a few weeks ago when I realized it wasn't on Gucci's website anymore. I found a 100ml at a local Sephora in the mall. It was their last one and they didn't even have a tester for it.

    If you do call around, you have to make sure they understand you're looking for Gucci Pour Homme, not Gucci Pour Homme II or Gucci By Gucci pour homme.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

  13. #13

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    It is amazing how high the price goes on some fragrances that become discontinued. I am not sure what dictates this, but perhaps it is the fan base.....etc. Likely multiple factors.

    Fragrances like Tenere, B*Men, Biagiotti Uomo and Leonard pour Homme all go for a decent price. All discontinued.

    But try to find an orginal box of Aramis JHL ( something that was being sold in Deptartment shops 5 years ago), Gucci Envy, Magnetism for Men, Escada pour Homme....etc.....the price has just skyrocketed.

    Considering the prices of Gucci Rush for Men, Envy for Men, and Gucci pour Homme.....you would think that someone up there would appreciate the fact that these fragrances are highly desired and enjoyed by their fans. I am not saying they should be kept being sold in department store, but at least keep them in limited production. Do what they have to do.....put them all into more feasible bottles ( like Donna Karan did). But don't just deny people fragrances they love and adore !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  14. #14

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    It is amazing how high the price goes on some fragrances that become discontinued. I am not sure what dictates this, but perhaps it is the fan base.....etc. Likely multiple factors.

    Fragrances like Tenere, B*Men, Biagiotti Uomo and Leonard pour Homme all go for a decent price. All discontinued.

    But try to find an orginal box of Aramis JHL ( something that was being sold in Deptartment shops 5 years ago), Gucci Envy, Magnetism for Men, Escada pour Homme....etc.....the price has just skyrocketed.

    Considering the prices of Gucci Rush for Men, Envy for Men, and Gucci pour Homme.....you would think that someone up there would appreciate the fact that these fragrances are highly desired and enjoyed by their fans. I am not saying they should be kept being sold in department store, but at least keep them in limited production. Do what they have to do.....put them all into more feasible bottles ( like Donna Karan did). But don't just deny people fragrances they love and adore !
    Is that what ysl did? they found out how much people loved there discontinued fragrances so now they make them in smaller bottles for a higher price. Kinda shady

  15. #15

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyPepper View Post
    Is that what ysl did? they found out how much people loved there discontinued fragrances so now they make them in smaller bottles for a higher price. Kinda shady
    It pretty much seems that way. Well....not seems....it is.

    At the time, Jazz, M7 , RG ph and YSL pour Homme were not even discontinued....but kinda off the radar as far as mainstream fragrances go. I still see the old boxes for sale ( I am sure there is plenty old stock around). When YSL announced the new collection, it seemed really cool and new....but when I really think about it, those former bottles went for pretty good prices ( perhaps M7 was going for retail).

    So I guess I may be contradicting my last post. I still feel there is no legit reason to stop even producing the original bottles. But the way big corperations act.....not surprising.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  16. #16

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    A daisy of a deal, Sir.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Found another discontinued gem on the low low!

    Just remember that many frags are up on ebay for around $100 per 100 ml, but when someone starts the bidding low it's not uncommon for some of these to sell for $30-$40 range. Go to advanced search and see what actual sales occurred. Don't base value on asking prices.

Similar Threads

  1. Still have not found - help
    By sid369 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17th October 2012, 06:35 PM
  2. I've found a few discontinued fragrances...
    By koala501 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14th August 2011, 05:43 AM
  3. Hermés Elixis de Merveilles: discontinued or soon-to-be-discontinued?
    By GelbeDomino in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd January 2011, 03:59 PM
  4. Help to choose :) Found discontinued stuff :)
    By funhuntr in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 5th November 2010, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •