Code of Conduct

Default 24 Gold - the infamous rasberry danish

I finally my hand on a bottle of 24 Gold at a good price. Through the years I have read so much about this fragrance. The notes are to contain agarwood (oud), jasmine and guaiac wood; middle notes are sandalwood, cedar and star anise; base notes are vanilla, amber and ylang-ylang.

I find the scent to be very sweet and powdery very gourmand indeed. Yes I do get the rasberry danish slight smell that everyone at other boards seem to be falling over. I do not get the oud but feel it maybe mixing with the gauiac and jasmine creating that rasberry note.

Sillage and longevity of this scent is a little too much pushing into my uncomfortable zone.

The box notates that this scent represents another facet of the character Jack Baeur? I am afraid to ask what that facet maybe...drag queen? I can find the masculinity in this fragrance.

Default Re: 24 Gold - the infamous rasberry danish

I did not like this fragrance. Too sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Same here. It's good quality for the price, but its too sweet for me.

The marketing is also very strange. It doesn't embody the TV show in any way.

is it better than Pure Malt?

To my shame (or not) I must confess, I actually like this scents, at least according to the impressions after testing it a few times so far.

I will only wear 24 Gold if it very cold outside. It is very sweet, indeed.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Well if your expecting a semi gourmand in LIDGE or DHI then look at something else. It's an amber based fragrance. Think Montale's Blue Amber. Of course it's going to be sweet.
    Last edited by silentrich; 17th October 2012 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    I haven't tried it yet, but I can tell you, without even sampling 24...Absolutely not.

I bought this just a while ago. opens pretty cool but the dry down is too feminine. my wife loved it so she owns it now. too girly and sweet to me. thank goodness it was unisex
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Also didn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    The box notates that this scent represents another facet of the character Jack Baeur? I am afraid to ask what that facet maybe...drag queen?
    Bravo!
    ...............and 24 Gold comes off my to-sniff list.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    Totally different beasts, but I think it's a more well made fragrance than Pure Malt. It's blended perfectly and doesn't have a synthetic tone at all. It projects more and lasts longer than Pure Malt. I've also gotten more compliments than PM. So yeah, it probably is better than PM to me.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Didnt care for 24 Gold much either, I didn't find it too sweet like most do. Just something about it made me think synthetic gourmand and the rasberry wasn't as good as I was expecting. IMO Pure Malt beats this hands down.

I think if one likes Rochas Man, Ambre Narguile, and SDV, then you might like 24 Gold. If you are like me and find those scents too sweet, then you might not like 24 gold.

Quite liked it, esp the start, less so the drydown/base. Also felt it's a little too youthful (to avoid calling it too girlie) for me.
    It could be a nice scent for a younger man on the prowl though, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Totally different beasts, but I think it's a more well made fragrance than Pure Malt. It's blended perfectly and doesn't have a synthetic tone at all. It projects more and lasts longer than Pure Malt. I've also gotten more compliments than PM. So yeah, it probably is better than PM to me.
    wow, yeah I felt Pure Malt was underwhelming, I expected a powerhouse, and it is that in the beginning but once the opening disappears, I feel sort of disappointed. Maybe I should try this one....so tacky though can't believe it's supposed to be a crazy good gourmand that's a powerhouse but also a 24 fragrance

It is obvious the 24 branding is totally beside the point of the fragrances this house releases. Their fragrances could be called almost anything, but if you are a rather unknown house, the 24 tie-in gives them something to latch onto. Yes the show is history, and they probably licensed the brand for cheap (X Files would have been cheaper still). They have released 24, 24 gold and 24 platinum. At this point, they have outlived the usefulness of the branding and should probably move on.

Think of the branding the same way you think Paris or Kim "releasing" a new scent. It is just branding. The real deal is in the lab developing and bottling the scent.

I enjoy 24 gold, but I am partial to amber/gourmand scents. I am less tolerant of smelling like a pine cone, motor oil, gasoline, Menthol cough drop, celery stick, or freshly laid asphalt. To each his own.

^^gourmand stuff smells so sexy and tasty, and stuff like Ambre Narguile and New Haarlem actually makes me hungry for real

This frag actually smells very good. A Unisex indeed. Dont see how fellas say this is too feminine, and like Dior Homme. Come on man. Don't get me wrong, Dior Homme is a good scent, but it's very sweet as well. And no, this is no way close to Pure Malt. The women would probably beg to differ because like I mentioned, this frag is sweet.