Code of Conduct

Default L'Art's Mure et Musc Extreme & Navegar Thoughts?

and Navegar? *I just ordered a bottle of each blindly after falling hard for their Timbuktu. *I think I will like/love M's blackberries but would like to hear y'all's responses. *I love goumands and anice(Lolita Lempicka au Masculine?) so I figured I'd like Navegar? *I do like my Premier Figuiere too but not as much as Timbuktu. *

FWIW, I disliked the sample of their Passage de Enfer I tried several months ago. *Almost repulsive to me :-?!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Default Re: Thoughts on L'Artisan's Mure et Musc Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    and Navegar? *I just ordered a bottle of each blindly after falling hard for their Timbuktu. *I think I will like/love M's blackberries but would like to hear y'all's responses. *I love goumands and anice(Lolita Lempicka au Masculine?) so I figured I'd like Navegar? *I do like my Premier Figuiere too but not as much as Timbuktu. *

FWIW, I disliked the sample of their Passage de Enfer I tried several months ago. *Almost repulsive to me :-?!
    Dan
    Dan my man-

I can't speak to MeM Extreme, as I know it only from a spritz or two at Barney's, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised by Navegar. Its one of the little remarked-upon L'Artisans (it is, however, featured on page 23 of the new Best Life magazine, I noticed at the dentisst office). I'm with you on PdE, as well, just too much... when would I ever use that? *Here's my review for Navegar, which I have yet to upload:

I find this one to be wholey misnamed, and it’s a shame, as its appellation will make many a sniffer who is bored to death by the “me-too aquatics” pass right by this gem. Navegar is, in fact, completely landlocked. I sense nothing aquatic or blue or oceanic in it whatsoever. Quite to the contrary, it is an earthy green pleasure; the damp element of the fragarnce is much more "rainy" than anything else. *In classic L’Artisan fashion, Navegar is poetic and imagistic: the topnotes are grassy like lawn-clippings on a humid August day, which you smell from the cover of a leafy tree you retreat to during a sudden downpour. *The basenotes are composed of the lightest woods imaginable, evoking with uncanny precision mulch drying in the sun after that summer shower. In between you have some just-rinsed-vegetable notes and some fresh pepper. Breezey, brisk and very clean, Navegar is almost preternaturally organic-smelling, and my nose has never actually corroborated a niche house’s claim to use “all natural ingredients” before smelling Navegar. It’s the earthiest vetiver-less scent I know of and an absolute knock-out choice for summertime. Gorgeous.

I hope you like it, if you don't, PM me about it
    -Phil

Phil: Dammitboy but that's a REVIEW 8-) !!! Sound's very good to me But I will hold your PM addy in reserve .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [/URL]

Phil,

Excellent review. I have the large size bottle of Navegar and it is one of my favorite smells. There is just something right about this one. I too wish it received more attention around here.

I have a pepper tree (with real pepper corns) growing next to my house here in Mexico. When I crush the leaves it reminds me of Navegar. I didn't really care for the scent on me but I can appreciate it.

By the way, you can't go wrong with Mure et Musc Extreme! Heavenly.

Phil's review of Navegar is spot on. Of the two fragrances being delivered to you, I think that Navegar has the most flexibility, wearable in a variety of situations.

MeM - I have this scent as well. I like it....the blackberry is front and center, and the frag is relatively well balanced. If in general you like "extreme" versions of a fragrance, you will like this one. Personally, I would like to try the standard (Edt) version of MeM, as I find the Extreme, although balanced, to be a bit heavy. But candidly, I really haven't found many "extreme / edt's" that I like better than the normal/edt versions of the same frag (Boucheron, Aqua di Parma as two examples).

My best success with MeM Extreme has been to spray lightly. When I remember its strength, and spray accordingly, it is quite a wonderful scent!

Enjoy!
    Jim

Thrax

Well Dan, If you dont like the Mure Et Musc Extreme then PM ME about IT. It has long been one of my favorites. -Jesse

Default Re:  L'Art's Mure et Musc Extreme & Navegar T

Thank's for the thoughtful replies guys.

Dan

[/URL]

Mure et Musc Extreme is my favorite L'Artisan (the original is 2nd).
    Lotsa berries in there for sure but nicely supported by the musc. On me it lasts forever but that is with nose to skin. I doubt the people around me can smell it an hour or so after I put in on.
    Maybe if it were more pronounced it wouldn't be as good?
    Anyway, it is good stuff!
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Today's the first day I've really been taken aback by Navgar's changing nature, alluded to in the reviews. I sprayed it on and it seemed SO dry to me. amazingly dry and woody, at first whiff I thought of Rush! Today it reminds me of driftwood baking in the sun, way up on the shore, or a wooden barn. Being from metro Boston, this smells to me like New Hampshire. If I were from Manhattan, it'd smell like upstate. Very rural, very rustic. Dan, I can imagine this becoming your go-to fishing frag for the weekends

Default Re: *L'Art's Mure et Musc Extreme & Navegar T

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Today's the first day I've really been taken aback by Navgar's changing nature, alluded to in the reviews. I sprayed it on and it seemed SO dry to me. amazingly dry and woody, at first whiff I thought of Rush! Today it reminds me of driftwood baking in the sun, way up on the shore, or a wooden barn. Being from metro Boston, this smells to me like New Hampshire. If I were from Manhattan, it'd smell like upstate. Very rural, very rustic. Dan, I can imagine this becoming your go-to fishing frag for the weekends
    I be's smellin' good :

Dan

[/URL]

Default Re: L'Art's Mure et Musc Extreme & Navegar Thoughts?

The name of the perfume couldn't be better, because it smells exactly like being inside a wooden cabin a the shore with a light breeze from the sea.