Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default best deodorant stick that is NOT anti-perspirant :)

i ve read many posts about best deodorants,but so many of you can use antiperspirants that can be unscented.
    and problem solved!

but what is best way to go for people who can not use antiperspirant sticks, they must be scented...whats best stick that doesnt clash too much with your perfumes!

do those aluminium salt sticks really work? (pls dont answer if you dont sweat

i tried some natural stuff but thats really a mess!
    got irritations from lush products , also from Loccitane all those strong citrusy or with sodium bicarbonate irritate my skin....

many thanks for your suggestions and experiences!!

Default Re: best deodorant stick that is NOT anti-perspirant :)

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    i ve read many posts about best deodorants,but so many of you can use antiperspirants that can be unscented.
    and problem solved!

but what is best way to go for people who can not use antiperspirant sticks, they must be scented...whats best stick that doesnt clash too much with your perfumes!

do those aluminium salt sticks really work? (pls dont answer if you dont sweat

i tried some natural stuff but thats really a mess!
    got irritations from lush products , also from Loccitane all those strong citrusy or with sodium bicarbonate irritate my skin....

many thanks for your suggestions and experiences!!
    I don't really understand your question.
    Are you saying you can't use anti-perspirant sticks ever (for some irritation reason), or just that you don't want to use them because they're scented?

Most antiperspirants use artificial aluminium salts. Alum salt sticks and most natural antiperspirants just use natural aluminium salts (Potassium Alum or Ammonium Alum). The natural and artificial both work in exactly the same way.

I've got plenty of scent free antiperspirants - spray, roll-on and sticks - which don't clash with scents.

I avoid deodorants because their function is not to stop perspiration, but to stop organisms in the perspiration from breaking down and smelling bad (i.e. microbe preservatives). Antiperspirants do that as well as suppressing perspiration.
    Regards,
    Renato

The deodorant crystals work ok for me, but I actually prefer the liquid roll-on form instead. My favorite non-anti-perspirant stick is this one. The scent is really clean and inoffensive: http://www.jason-natural.com/product/078522090250

Banned

I, too, cannot use antiperspirants without developing an irritation, including some swelling of lymph nodes, in reaction to the chemicals thereof. I must only use deodorants to avoid that scenario.

The suggestion by Kagey is very interesting, and I will be interested in any further suggestions that may be offered in this Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    I, too, cannot use antiperspirants without developing an irritation, including some swelling of lymph nodes, in reaction to the chemicals thereof. I must only use deodorants to avoid that scenario.

The suggestion by Kagey is very interesting, and I will be interested in any further suggestions that may be offered in this Thread.
    I always thought I was the only one with this lymph problem. HURTS pretty darn bad when it happens. I have tried several different deodorants, but they all caused problems. The only one so far (knock on wood) that's been pretty good is Mitchum scent-free gel.

For some reason anti-perspirants haven't worked for me for the past year so I'm in the same situation of finding an inoffensive deodorant.

There's quite a variety out there right now. I'm sure if you can't find one subtle enough, you can find a couple that are compatible with different scent families. I've found Old Spice's Fiji to be pretty low-key, very effective as a deodorant, and it doesn't interfere with anything I'd wear in the summer (aquatics, freshes, sweet spices). However, it does interfere a bit with my winter scents. I'll be making a trip to the store soon to find an Old Spice that's more compatible with those.

I'd avoid Axe/Lynx, Degree, and Dove. Deos made by Unilever seem to be pretty strong-smelling and project well, like they're supposed to serve as your SOD. Wouldn't suit your purpose I suspect.

The best is clinique for men(grey color). It is not antiperspirant and is completely fragrance free.

I've not tried the clinique, but Menscience makes a very effective unscented deodorant (it is NOT an antiperspirant). It is the best deodorant I've ever used. However, it is pretty pricey at $17 a stick.

If my wife hadn't found out how much it costs, it would have been the only deodorant I would ever use.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I don't really understand your question.
    Are you saying you can't use anti-perspirant sticks ever (for some irritation reason), or just that you don't want to use them because they're scented?

Most antiperspirants use artificial aluminium salts. Alum salt sticks and most natural antiperspirants just use natural aluminium salts (Potassium Alum or Ammonium Alum). The natural and artificial both work in exactly the same way.

I've got plenty of scent free antiperspirants - spray, roll-on and sticks - which don't clash with scents.

I avoid deodorants because their function is not to stop perspiration, but to stop organisms in the perspiration from breaking down and smelling bad (i.e. microbe preservatives). Antiperspirants do that as well as suppressing perspiration.
    Regards,
    Renato
    i can not use antiperspirants, after 3 days i just get hurting armpits.....i must sweat thats why i ask the question otherwise would just take unscented antiperspirant, there are pleanty of them......

i have found one bitoherm roll on, that looks very natural and claims to keep you safe 24 h, but i dont like roll on its wet, so it works on my psyche allready

thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post

hey hello, yes exactly my symptoms as well!!
    i have just bought deo kristall but it works just the same way as any antiperspirant, it narrows those chanells where seat comes out ....

i have been using some deo sticks from perfume houses and also must be carfull choosing there to using CK Man for now, it has basicly no smell after a month becasue it evaporates, on top of it i spray something so in the end i have scents clashing with my perfume but this works all day so was thinking i may find some easier way.....but it looks like there is no easy way around this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by surileo View Post
    The best is clinique for men(grey color). It is not antiperspirant and is completely fragrance free.
    hey hello, i have seen that one but it has antiperspirant label on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cloud atlas View Post
    I've not tried the clinique, but Menscience makes a very effective unscented deodorant (it is NOT an antiperspirant). It is the best deodorant I've ever used. However, it is pretty pricey at $17 a stick.

If my wife hadn't found out how much it costs, it would have been the only deodorant I would ever use.
    i wish i can buy this here, stick lasts me for a year.....

But you can still try out clinique for men as it doesnt leave any residue unlike other antiperspirants and i have used it for over 2 years i dont see any itching or any other side effects.

Tom's makes a deodorat that doesn't have antiperspirant in unscented that works pretty good, and I do sweat.
    I use brut deodorant that goes good with fougeres. There is so much alcohol in it it kills all bacteria, but would not be very good for a woman (especially if she shaves under her arms.)
    You probably aren't looking for a mens stick though. Tom's does make scented deodorants without antiperspirant as well, just try a more neutral one. Do NOT get the peach.

Dry Idea has a really good hypoallergenic roll on antipersperant/deodorant thats unscented.

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    i ve read many posts about best deodorants,but so many of you can use antiperspirants that can be unscented. do those aluminium salt sticks really work? (pls dont answer if you dont sweat
    Yes, the alum salt products (Potassium Alum and Ammonium Alum) really do work and I have switched to them. There are many brands to include Crystal and Thai but the products can be found in a natural state as well. Form factors include solid, spray and roll-on. They have just one active ingredient which is the salt and it is not an antiperspirant and it has no scent....so you can use your favorite frag afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud atlas View Post
    Menscience makes a very effective unscented deodorant (it is NOT an antiperspirant). It is the best deodorant I've ever used. However, it is pretty pricey at $17 a stick.
    Very good indeed.

Thank you chaps for that recommendation for the menscience. There is a discount on it's own site with no postage. I have just bought it on the strength of this thread for the sons who asphyxiate me every morning with their revolting Lynx deodorants smelling of chemical chocolate and oranges amongst other horrible Lynxlike niffs. I shall design them a frag of their own instead.

There is this deodorant called tawas. Look it up, the brand is deonat

Menscience is the best I've used. Hand's down.

Great question, I have certainly tried them all through the years. And the winner is: Arm & Hammer Essentials UNscented Natural Deodorant. But DON'T use TOM'S, it definitely has something in it (I forgot the name of it) that makes me itch like crazy!!
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Maybe I'm a little off topic here. I was using the mineral salt powder and it worked amazingly well. The place I bought from discontinued carrying it, and I worried they had heard something bad about it. But according to the makers, the alum molecules in the salt are so large they don't penetrate the skin. Still, I have read about health problems from aluminum.

Anyway, they also have a roll-on and a spray. I've been curious to try them. If anyone has, let me know what you think. Because right now I'm using Mennen speed stick, and it feel like I should be trying something more modern.

My two boys are now using the Manscience thanks to this thread. I am no longer being asphyxiated every morning, so i am very happy with all of you for your recommendations. Older boy loves it but younger one is missing the 'nice' whiff of his orange and chocolate lynx.... well there's no pleasing everyone!

I'm now going to design a natural essences orange and chocolate cologne for Christmas stocking time......

First let me say this is my first post so hello to all of you.

I wanted to point out that even if you're not one of the people who "can't" use antiperspirants, modern knowledge will tell you that no one should really use them. I know you hear this about almost everything these days, but Antiperspirants present some serious health risks including cancer. They work by blocking up where your glands release sweat. This is going against how your body is supposed to work, and an time you mess with how your body works, you're risking your health.

My favorite Deodorants: Mitchum invisible solid, Old Spice Champion, and Brut invisible solid. All very effective and smell good, never over powering.

Worst deodorant: Axe, but I do say using Axe shower gel works pretty well to compliment whatever deodorant you use. It's just nice to know the rest of your skin is slightly deodorized

mihailo

Nivea Cool Kick (I know, It's for men, but it's great) or any anti-bacterial after shave (Nivea with silver ions).
    I talked to many physicians, dermatologists, but also to my plastic surgeon, and they all say that after shave is actually not a bad idea. Nivea after shave keeps me fresh for many, many hours (10+). I find it better than any deodorant.

I also tried numerous antiperspirants (Rexona (I think it's called 'Degree' in the US), Dove, Nivea - to name a few - and I hated the feeling of having blocked pores. I hate antiperspirants. They make me perspire even more, I swear. It's a paradox.....)

Anyhow, I am planning on having a laser treatment in order to remove my sweat glands (it also removes the hair, i think). I don't necessarily need it, but it would be cool if I didn't have to worry about sweating and shaving and what not.

I can't use antiperspirant deodorants also because of the aluminum. Gives me rash, then when I do sweat, it burn .

Both Degree and Old Spice have a model which has no antiperspirant properties. It kind of leaves a light scent but nothing too distinct. I like to use designer ones such as armani code, but that one has quite a bit of a scent, great when you don't want to put perfume though.

Found this article which talks about a few good deodorants without the antiperspirant.
    http://deviceraters.com/top-3-deodor...ntiperspirant/

I’ve been using Lavilin for a few years now and so far I have no complaints. It’s not an anti-perspirant, but I don’t really sweat much so it’s not a big deal. I’m a dancer so I’m constantly active, and Lavilin’s been good at keeping my underarms fresh and odorless. I usually put it on only once a week, regardless of how active I am or how many times I shower in that week. The price is higher than normal deodorants but that’s to be expected.

It's strange I can wear antiperspirant with no problems normally mitchum unscented gel or sure unscented. but just deodorant only i burn itch and break out.